LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:52 pm
--- description ---
GRW Slivers take form- muscle sliver warped and returned!
--- end description ---

4 Sinew Sliver
4 Sidewinder Sliver
4 Bonesplitter Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
4 Might Sliver
4 Watcher Sliver
2 Harmonic Sliver
2 Spined Sliver
3 Firewake Sliver
4 Lightning Helix
3 Demonfire

4 Stomping Ground
8 Plains
8 Forest
2 Mountain

Obviously, there’s slivers, slivers, and more slivers. But let’s get a little more specific.

Gemhide slivers are the key to success here. Not because they fix color, necessarily, but if you can grab a turn three might sliver, they’re going to have problems. Be sure to not overextend!!! Wrath of god and damnation run rampant in this format, so be sure not to have one big pumping sliver on the table unless they have no white or black.

Helixes are there for removal, and to hold back agro for long enough to get a big sliver down, and demonfires are there to finish the job.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I think we should add SB’s to the decklists here, guys. For instance, Ghostway would be one cool SB card here. Also, I think most sliver decks can find some benefit in the slow Terramorphic Expanse, at least from what I’ve seen. But I’m still not very happy with the looks on sliver decks so far. Maybe after the whole set is out, they’ll be SOME bombs, but for now... Most definitly fun, though!
I don't like YOU.
MadHornist
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:46 am
The most debilitating anti-sliver card around is the Plague Sliver.

It’s a type-2 Juzam Djinn (5/5 beater for 4 mana) that turns an opposing sliver horde into a liability for your opponent.

Granted, you’d have to run heavy black to be sure you’ll get it out early in the game. With its 2B in the casting cost, its not terribly splashable.

It would be a GREAT fit if you’re running a Haakon, Stromgald Scourge deck with a Court Hussar combo for card draw.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:24 pm
And who really plays that? They’ve been printing 4 for 5/5 with drawback and no evasion cards for ages and nobody plays them. Remember Yukora, the Prisoner?

I don’t honestly care if they drop a plague sliver. Here’s why: I’m likely to just swarm them over it. If not, I can always helix it to finish off whatever damage my slivers didn’t do, or I could demonfire it, or throw either of those burn spells at their face!

Plus, nobody plays him to begin with, so it’s no concern of mine.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:19 pm
Newsflash, new BW sliver. Bye-bye, Plague! Actually, pretty much bye-bye anything, after all, you can turn ANY sliver into a Vindicate!
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:39 pm
yeah... I might play vindicate sliver in non-sliver decks lol.

In BW agro, you can play that, sinew sliver, and sidewinder sliver. They’re all okay alone, but great together.
mr.otto
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:26 am
So looking at Planar Chaos Slivers seem to gain some fun new abilites especially considering the changing of the color pie. Could we eventually build a 1-2 color sliver deck that can do the same or better as a 3-5 color deck?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:03 am
I think it will have to be a three color sliver deck to get the job done, but I’m not yet sure. I’m thinking W/R/B could work w/ sedge sliver + sinew + sidewinder + vindicate sliver (whose name I can’t remember)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:51 pm
While I’m inclined to go GRw, splashing in Vindicate Sliver, and Darkheart Sliver, not to mention Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, to help playing those without needing Gemhide or spending Gemstone Mine counters, and ALSO enabling Sedge Sliver in the process. How does this one sound, huh?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:04 pm
Sounds good but too many colors... if you’re playing R (bonesplitter/double striker) and W (sinew, sidewinder, watcher), I don’t know why you need the green? I don’t like darkheart sliver much, anyway, as lifegain in general isn’t very good.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)