LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:30 am
--- description ---
From the Nazgul at Weathertop, to the Easterlings at the Black Gate, Frodo’s constant battle to control the corrupting influence of the ring has always been uphill. However, with a good combination of Easterlings and Nazgul, you can ensure Frodo’s corruption, and the recovery of the ring. That stinker Gollum will always help to...
--- end description ---

FOR THE COMPETITION

Uses 1 card from every block

36 Cards

2x Blade Tip (FotR)
Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow (MoM)
2x Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight (RotEL)
3x Easterling Captain (TT)
4x Gollum, Stinker (BoHD)
3x Easterling Army (EoF)
Surging Up (RotK)
3x Heavy Axeman (SoG)
Ring of Rancor (Reflections)
4x Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One (Mt. Doom)
2x Keening Wail (Shadows)
2x Sense of Obligation (Black Rider)
Dark Fell About Him (Bloodlines)
Horror of Harad (Middle Earth)
A Shadow Fell Over Them (Hunters)
2x Undead of Angmar (Wraith)
2x Covetous Wisp (Wraith)
2x Ring of Savagery (RoS)

I went with a corruption deck. Bill Ferny is in there to slam alternate ring-bearers, whose text usually relies on adding burdens. He is also a nice strength pump. Ulaire Otsea Blade Tips the Ring-Bearer, adding burdens. The Easterlings in there key off of burdens. Gollum gets stronger as you get more burdens, and he adds burdens as he wins skirmishes. Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One, is a staple for corruption, as is Keening Wail. Sense of Obligation forces the Free Peoples to assign weak companions to skirmish, or add more burdens. The Undead of Angmar pulls Covetous wisp out of the discard pile, and if there is a wound on the ring-bearer, hits him hard. The Ring of Savagery’s ability to add burdens also makes it good for corruption decks. After slamming companions hard with your Nazgul, Horror of Harad, the ultimate minion, allows you to do some serious damage for not much twilight.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:02 pm
why do you have ferny in there
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:11 pm
Bill Ferny is a good card for any deck, especially corruption. He is the only way Nazgul can survive against an Ithilien Blade deck. If he arrives at the skirmish phase, he gets to throw himself on the ring-bearer, and if your opponent runs an alternate ring-bearer, this generally means that your opponent has to add burdens. If you don’t run against an alternate ring-bearer deck, or the ring-bearer doesn’t have to do something in order to skirmish (Smeagol, Gandalf), or a companion is almost overwhelmed, Ferny is a nice strength +4 pump.

Also, I have to include a card from each block in this decklist. Ferny is my card from Mines of Moria.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:37 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ferny can be discarded by Ithilien Blade, and then your Nazzies are toast against it. So it just makes it harder for IB. Not a huge advantage.

Pretty good deck.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:32 pm
And alternate ring bearers almost never have to add burdens when assigned. There is always some kind of alternative to the burden-adding... although I do like the use of ferny in the deck. He is good with Sense of Obligation, as well.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:06 pm
elf lvr wrote:
And alternate ring bearers almost never have to add burdens when assigned. There is always some kind of alternative to the burden-adding...

Yeah, but they still have to do something that hurts them. (except maybe gimli/aragorn, driven by need? And who would do that?)

and on ithilien blade Sad I wish Hollin was upgraded to the new sites. That would be awesome!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats