LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

42%
  [ 3 ]  42%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
28%
  [ 2 ]  28%

Total Votes : 7
inresponse
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:19 am
you got beat by a standard deck?

not a good sign
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:23 pm
Yea, I must confess, though, he got a pretty band hand, and I managed a turn three hierarch and turn four kokusho, there really wasn't much he could do. The new deck I'm playing I had considered casual, but it's been quite good in the matches I've seen. It's been beating weenie boros with ease, beat husk, and seems to roll over anything less than tournament worthy. It's basically a ton of mana acceleration with Hierarchs, Kokushos, Verdant Force, Jugan. I didn't beat him a bunch in a row or anything, but still...
T2_Fr33K
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:57 pm
There's no way to avoid wrath of god or final judgement, or anything that targets non-blacks, is there? What about pacifism, arrest, faith's fetters etc. Seems very, very unstable.

And if Grail beat you, either he found a great T2 deck, or this isn't a good deck. Pretty good article, but you could work on the humor. Liked the write-ups of card backing up things, the why you put in this and that and the other thing, and why you left things out, but the deck matters as much as the writeup in an article like this.
square634
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:16 am
I agree... If you lost to a standard deck, even if it was some luck, this deck has serious problems. Also, as T2 said, Husk can be beaten by anything that is white, and you'd better draw it. I think there are a lot better decks out there, sorry.
Osion
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:52 pm
Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been here since that first post. I just reread my article and all the comments.
The rumors are partially true. I lost to Grail. The deck didn’t. By some mishap I did not have access to all of the cards posted in my list; the incomplete, yet 60 card deck featured only 3 husk and but 1 mongrel, only one copy of life from the loam and no Grave-trolls. I did not own a playset of husk and the smothers were stolen from me a few weeks back, along with my 3 kokushos. I did not own overgrown tomb and used other mana options instead.
In short, I ran a crippled barely resembling version of the posted deck.
I am not looking for your sympathy, but my incomplete deck hit 4 forests in a row from what I thought was a decent starting hand (husk, roar of the wurm, fecundity, forest, forest, swamp, dark banishing) while Grail had: Turn 1 BoP, Turn 2 Llanowar elves x2, Turn 3 Loxodon Heirarch, and Turn 4 Kokusho. So yes. I lost to a standard deck.
I admit that there are better decks and better players out there; that is reason why I’m not winning Pro Tours, but did my article really deserve a score of (1)? From some random guy’s first post? Square634, if you voted as such, please explain yourself.
scaraumax
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:57 pm
yowa, 2 ones? Wasn't the best article, but at least a 3

yeah the loss to the standard build is shoddy, but from his explanation he was facing 6 damage turn 4 and 11 turn 5 with his opponent at 24 life and with a kokusho on the board

seriously? a little harsh on this article? and on the other new one? I posted on this to give these guys a little credit.

sutured ghoul reminds me of Full English Breakfast, whereas Wurm + Nantuk Husk is like that Pattern of Rebirth extended deck

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest