LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
drveni
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:02 pm
Joined: 01 Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Location: Velika Gorica, Croatia
Hi there!

I think this is the best deck I have. Not my idea at all but i love it.

I saw this kind of filtering on deciphers decklist once and I really wanted to play it...

This is Deck..

FELLOWSHIP (31)
Ring-bearer
Frodo, Resolute hobbit + The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Companions 8
Smeagol, Poor Creature (starting)
Gandalf, Leader of Men (starting)
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan (starting)
Eomer, Keeper of Oaths
Theoden, Tall and Proud
Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg
Hrethel, Rider of Rohan
Haethen, Veteran Fighter

Events 8
Saved From the Fire ×4
Simbelmyne ×4

Possessions 15
Rohirrim Helm ×4
Riddermark Javelin ×2
Rohirrim Javelin ×2 (... i need two more Riddermark Javelin)
Rider’s Spear
Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
Eomer’s Spear
Firefoot
Brego
Rider’s Mount ×2

SHADOW (31)

Minions 16
Freca, Hungry Savage ×4
Dunlending Elder ×4
Hillman Tribe ×4
Saruman, Rabble-Rouser ×2
Hillman Horde
Grima, Wormtongue

Possessions 6
Hides ×4
War Club ×2

Conditions 7
Ready to Fall ×3
Over the Isen ×3
No Retreat

Events 2
Burn Every Village ×2

SITES

Crags of Emyn Muil 0 (for full combo with No Retreat + Saruman)
Slag Mounds 1
Neekerbreekers’ Bog 1
Expanding Marshland 1
Chamber of Mazarbul 2
Moria Stairway 2
Helm’s Gate 2

+ 2 more of your choice... I usually play sites that cost 3 twilight

STRATEGY

Bid to go second so you can play sites!!

The point is to get rid of (to play) great amount of fellowship cards in early game with Saved From the Fire, Simbelmyne and Eomer, Keeper of Oaths.

The best hand is with one SFTF and one Simbelmyne to pull out Joker... Theoden Tall and Proud `cause you can play aditional companion when you "burn" him. Cool Take other Simbelmynes and filter three more cards (One has to be Eomer if you don`t already have it). Then play Eomer to reveal and play possesions.. If you have any of SFTF left in hand get rid of it with Smeagol...Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg is also great for this deck `cause he has a nice filtering ability too. I thought of using Frodo, Protected by Many (exert for Muster) but I much more like the Idea with resistance +2. Eowyn is there for Valiant keyword.

This Fellowship can last long with all that possessions and 9 companions. Cancel big skirmishes with helms and Hathen (fierce) and thats all..

Shadow is very easy to play...

Take control of sites and kill!!

Best way to take a control of sites is Freca + Over the Isen and Hilman Tribe + Saruman. Once you control 2 sites (or more ) Elders are crazy. Pull them out again with Ready to fall. Grima is very handy against Durin, Aragorn and other vell equiped companions and so is War Club.. Keep minions alive with Hides and Horde (archery)

Don`t forget to shuflle Wink
Pipeweed
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:38 pm
I agree with you, the filtering is great Very Happy

I will review in more detail later.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
From what i can see, this is a deadly deck.
a few things though, Haethen doesn’t cancel Fierce skirmishes he just can’t take wounds in them. You seem to have an awful lot of companions and not enough possessions to fit out pretty much any of them. ya got 3 hand weapons, 4 ranged, and 3 mounts. thats 3 outfitted companions.
Who’s joker?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:19 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
You seem to have an awful lot of companions and not enough possessions to fit out pretty much any of them.

Well, the idea is to burn a couple of them, so they won’t all be needing weapons.

Deck looks great! My only suggestion is that you stick Gamling in your starting fellowship instead of Eowyn, so that your filtering can start even sooner.

Looks like you won’t be hindered by the Rule of 4 much, since everything plays cards from your draw deck (except for Saved from the Fire, which takes into hand).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
drveni
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:33 am
hi there..

It must be my bad english..

Joker = Theoden (he lets you play 4 cards with SFTF)

Starting with Eowyn ’cause she is Valiant so if I dont pull other companion I can still play Simbelmyne

Theoden burns. Smeagol and Gandalf should be dead very soon Smile and that is 6 companions I usually run in regions 2 and 3(Enquea LOM has to kill Eowyn first ’cause she prevents wounds)

Lot of that possesions are to be discarded (Helms, Javelins)

But the whole point of deck is to get rid of fellowship cards (but still to have a solid companions) and play the shadow a lot...

Hope I helped!!

Thanks for advices anyway
Gillian
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:02 am
drveni wrote:
Hi there!

I think this is the best deck I have. Not my idea at all but i love it.

I saw this kind of filtering on deciphers decklist once and I really wanted to play it...

This is Deck..

Eomer, Keeper of Oaths

SHADOW (31)

Minions 16
Freca, Hungry Savage ×4
Dunlending Elder ×4
Hillman Tribe ×4
Saruman, Rabble-Rouser ×2
Hillman Horde
Grima, Wormtongue

Possessions 6
Hides ×4
War Club ×2

Conditions 7
Ready to Fall ×3
Over the Isen ×3
No Retreat

Events 2
Burn Every Village ×2

Why Grima?
loose that guy.

You need 4 copy of Burn Every Village, 2 is not enough.
Maybee one Hillman Horde more insted of one Saruman, Rabble-Rouser.
You can replace one or two Hillman Tribe with sige troop.
Change this Eomer with Eomer third marshal.

Who are you? Did you ever played in Land of Magic on turnaments or casual?
drveni
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:02 pm
I havent played tournaments.. (I did once, but not there)
I’m playing with my friends for fun.

Grima is great card in this deck (and many other skirmishing decks) ’cause he can return possessions (read weapons) to hand and that can be lethal for dwarfs, well equiped gondor and rohan companions and elves too.

example
... you’re facing Durin with 3 cards (read weapons) and another equiped dwarf... you have 8 twilight on site 3 and your hand is OT Isen + Freca + Dun Elder... that you cannot play to take control of second site..
but if you have Grima the game would be very different
Twisted Evil

I use this Eomer ’cause he can FILTER possessions from draw deck and this fellowship is made just to FILTER cards.

Good enough???
Gillian
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:46 pm
drveni wrote:
I havent played tournaments.. (I did once, but not there)
I’m playing with my friends for fun.

That is pity. We play tournaments once or twice a week. Tournaments are fine, but it would be better with more players.
Gillian
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:56 pm
drveni wrote:

Grima is great card in this deck (and many other skirmishing decks) ’cause he can return possessions (read weapons) to hand and that can be lethal for dwarfs, well equiped gondor and rohan companions and elves too.

example
... you’re facing Durin with 3 cards (read weapons) and another equiped dwarf... you have 8 twilight on site 3 and your hand is OT Isen + Freca + Dun Elder... that you cannot play to take control of second site..
but if you have Grima the game would be very different
Twisted Evil

I use this Eomer ’cause he can FILTER possessions from draw deck and this fellowship is made just to FILTER cards.

Good enough???

I agree that Grima is good minion, but not in Dunlend.
Dwarfs are good machup for Duneland, and Rohan even better. For Duneland is most important to take 2 sites as soon as possible. I would rather have Burn Every Village than Grima. Freca + Burn Every willage is 13, and that is usually enough for Dwarf that is not Durin, and if Freca have War Club even better.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded