LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:16 pm
4 Birds of Paradise (accel)
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder (accel)
4 Kodama’s Reach (accel)
4 Kird Ape
4 Ravenous Rats (dupe)
4 Nekrataal (dupe)
4 Carven Caryatid (dupe)
4 Time of Need
4 Hell’s Caretaker (dupe)
4 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
8 Forest
2 Swamp
6 Mountain
4 R/G Shockland

Ok, so the idea is I can simply grab some sort of something dupable with a kiki-jiki. Then I use weenies to board control (choosing make them discard, kill their stuff, or draw).

Acceleration is there so I can grab enough red to throw down a kiki.

Should I add anarchist and plow under? If so, for what? Perhaps Loxodon Warhammer so I can actually kill somebody? Right now I rely on nekrataal too much to bail me out? Add jitte, maybe?

I’ll invent a sideboard soon, but I just thought this would be fun maindeck. It’s like weenie with built in card advantage. Reach is two for one, caryatid draws, nekrataal kills, and rats discards.
Ilvaldi
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:38 pm
I just played with a more mod version of your deck today with you. I think you should work off of that deck concept. your on the right track. Heirarchs with warhammer in 1-5 turns is cheapass damn good
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:08 pm
Charles, you need to pay attention... this was not the deck I'm playing in school. The one I'm playing in school is going to become better as I find three more hammer and three more caryatids. It should end up like this:

4 Llanowar Elves
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Kodama's reach
4 Loxodon warhammer
4 Carven Caryatid
4 Loxodon Hierarch
4 Kokusho, the evening star
4 Jugan, the rising star
4 Verdant Force

The deck here is a new one I'm thinking of building. Much funnier. The one I'm playing at school (which I modded last night and you haven't seen it yet) isn't ever going to really compete.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)