LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is You Do Not Know Pain?

5 (best)  
75%
  [ 3 ]  75%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:01 pm

An interesting new condition for an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai site control deck.

The first sentence is quite nice since it happens automatically -- anytime you gain control of a site, you get to exert a companion. This can only happen a few times each game, but even so it’s a good effect. The skirmish ability seems less good. Damage +1, yes, but at the cost of liberating a site?

But consider what happens when you combine both of these effects, in a deck with Poised for Assault and plenty of strong Uruks. All it takes to control a site is two skirmish victories, but you can only grab a site when both fellowships have moved past it. You might build up a stockpile of extra Uruk-hai tokens on Poised for Assault. With You Do Not Know Pain on the table, those tokens can be put to very good use: liberate the site and then immediately take control of it again, activating both parts of YDNKP. Say goodbye to the companion your Uruk is fighting! Twisted Evil
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
menace64
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:07 pm
This is the most powerful card ever...

Imagine playing against someone using site control. Splash this card in your Shadow side, then liberate every site during their turn for no cost at all.

Certainly needs an errata.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:11 pm
That’s a killer idea, but I don’t think it works that way... Don’t controlled sites become "active" or "inactive" just like companions, minions, and so on? If so, then you wouldn’t be able to do anything to your opponent’s controlled sites (like liberate them) during your Shadow turn.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:32 pm
I just thoght of a combo to kill companions with four vitality. Use Chasing Uruk to take control of a site, use You Do Not Know Pain to exert the 4-vitality character skirmishing a damage +1 Uruk-hai (most of them), win the skirmish and liberate a site to make him total damage +2.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:37 pm
I just noticed that this is non-unique. Ouch!!!

As Cobra said, Poised for Assault is a great combo with this card. With 4 copies of YDNKP, you can remove 2 tokens from Poised for Assault and then you get to place 4 exertions on the fellowship.

One slight mistake I noticed was that ’damage +1’ was not in bold (see Ugluk’s Sword, Weapon of Command for an example of how to correctly do it).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
corvus
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:42 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
First and foremost, damage +1 must always be in bold. Blaspehy.

Second, the idea of it being non-unique stirs many ideas in my wicked mind with those new uruks, direct exerting!!! However, i wouldn’t use the second text but for defence of my own fellowship... Not even with the new sword since it’s more going against it rather than with it...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:47 pm
Yeah, because if your playing multiplayer LotR (3+ people), you could liberate a fellow shadow player’s site Twisted Evil
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:35 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Heehee...I love backstabbing in multi games!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:22 pm
According to the Hunter Rulebook

Decipher wrote:
Sites are always active. A site’s game text cannot be used unless the fellowship is there, although some cards may copy and use that game text.

So...can you liberate a site controlled by your opponent’s shadow? Because it is considered active... Twisted Evil
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:59 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Does that also apply to controlled sites? Because I believe that controlled sites might be considered to be in your opponent’s Shadow support area. Or are they in the generic support area?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion