LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:23 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I remember way back in the day at Decipher’s forums, we toyed around with a set based on not LOTR itself, but ourselves: the people that populated the LOTR DC board. So just for the heck of it, here’s one for me. Feel free to join in on the fun with versions of yourselves or anything else you think might fit. Or snicker at me and move on to REAL dream cards. Whichever. Very Happy

4Dáin Ironfoot, Lord of Duos Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
DC Maker. Damage +1.
While you can spot a Cobra companion, Dáin Ironfoot’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: Exert Dáin Ironfoot twice to make a DC Maker damage +1.
Response: Each time you play a Dream Card, Dáin Ironfoot is strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘In today’s Duos, we have a couple cards focused on forumers. Enjoy!’”
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I remember way back in the day at Decipher’s forums, we toyed around with a set based on not LOTR itself, but ourselves: the people that populated the LOTR DC board. So just for the heck of it, here’s one for me. Feel free to join in on the fun with versions of yourselves or anything else you think might fit. Or snicker at me and move on to REAL dream cards. Whichever. Very Happy

4Dáin Ironfoot, Lord of Duos Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
DC Maker. Damage +1.
While you can spot a Cobra companion, Dáin Ironfoot’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: Exert Dáin Ironfoot twice to make a DC Maker damage +1.
Response: Each time you play a Dream Card, Dáin Ironfoot is strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘In today’s Duos, we have a couple cards focused on forumers. Enjoy!’”

I like it. I am going to make a pretty much new game based around the struggle between mods and spammers. I will try to post the rules in march.

but for a sneak peak at that I am thinking of for stats.
5 Sickofpalantirs, Official CC Spammer [Spammer]
Posts per day 8
Times on per day 4
Gp per turn 4

every day i am on my paper route more of it comes together.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:36 pm
3 •NBarden, Hater of Shadow Conditions Cobra
Companion•Man
Strength: 9
Resistance: 0
DCMaker.
While bearing a shadow condition. NBarden is strength +6 and damage +2.
Manuever: Exert NBarden to discard all shadow conditions.
Skirmish: If NBarden is skirmishing a character bearing a shadow condition, each Cobra character is strength +2 and damage +1.

He hated shadow conditions with a passion...

Ok, not completely true, I only hate decks revolving around shadow condtitions. As a matter of fact, I run a nazgul deck with 4 copies each of Blade Tip and Black Breath, with Hatred Stirred to bring them back (shocking, I know.) The deck is a nazgul wounding deck, so these conditions SUPPLEMENT the deck, the deck doesn’t revolve around them.

BTW, I know I’m way overpowered, but to avoid this, DON’T RUN CONDITIONS AGAINST ME Twisted Evil .
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:22 pm
SoP, some ideas popped into my head for your game. Maybe make Spam a loaded keyword. Smile

0 Blank Card Cobra
Mindless Card
Spam
Bearer must be SoP.
You may have more than four copies of this card in your deck.

0 Spam Cobra
Event•Skirmish
Spam
When you play this card, you may play another copy of Spam from your draw deck or discard pile.

0 •SoP’s keyboard, Instrument of Spam. Cobra
Possession•Keyboard
Bearer must be SoP.
Fellowship: Play Blank Card from your draw deck or discard pile.
Skirmish: Exert SoP to play Spam from your draw deck or discard pile.

Laughing couldn’t resist.

~nbarden
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:31 pm
3 •Anxious Chieftain, Grim Moderator Cobra
Companion • Man
Vitality: 3
Moderator.
Each spammer is twilight cost +2.
Skirmish: Exert Anxious Chieftain to wound a spammer or discard a spam condition.

Wink
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:38 pm
1 Mindless Spammer Twisted Evil
Minion•Spammer
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 4
Moderators may not use special abilities.
While you can spot a moderator, this minion is strength +3 and fierce until the regroup phase.

Wink
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Essentially what I am planning, is there are 9 eras(instead of sites also you have 2 turns at each era and cannot move on until they are completed) that you have to go through. At the start of each era each player may add a board to the game(not necessarily one cobra has created). each board starts out with 4 threads with each player being able to play threads on a board. The mods try to keep threads un-spammed, while the spammers try to spam up as many threads as possible. Instead of twilight you get a certain amount of Gp each turn. (see GP per turn) which you can use to play events conditions possessions and the like. Each player starts out with 10 GP and the official spammer and "head mod" examples would be Pipsqueak official spammer or Anxious chieftain Head mod. There would probably be other versions that wouldn’t be head mod or official spammer. though you normally wouldn’t skirmish, you could start a flaming contest via events, which would be decided through various means including but not limited to posts per day, times on per day, events, abilities etc. Thats essentially the basics, I will show more of how this could be done after march 2nd
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:01 pm
Okay, this thread is already cluttered up. Maybe we can split this into two different threads?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:03 pm
here lets stop posting all together and when i have more ready, i will make a new thread. Probably around march 5th.
"DáinIronfoot"
shieldelf
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:08 pm
3 Shieldelf, new Person at Cobra Cobra
Companion Newbie
Strength: 4
Vitality: 2
Resistance: 5
Spam cards my not be used.
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list