LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:42 pm
It has been far too long...

I don’t know if any members of this board remember me (I do remember the great Anxious Chieftain, the superb Dain Ironfoot, and the outstanding menace64, just to name a few), but I used to be a regular (drifter) of Decipher’s old message boards. You may remember me as Saruman, King of Men (I changed my username after the release of Shadows). With Decipher’s apparant lack of care, I dropped this game near the beginning of the Hunters block.

Most recently, a friend informed me that Decipher had finally begun releasing spoilers for Rise of Saruman. This did, of course, spike my interest, and thus I returned to the Decipher boards. I was disheartened to find that it had gone to the dogs, and Dain Ironfoot’s message board (Free People’s Choice Awards) had shared a similar fate, being flooded with spam bots.

It was only today that I discovered a link to this board, and I thought I would try to get myself back into this game and the wonderful world of creating and reviewing dream cards.

To start, here are a few very old dream cards. I am a bit rusty, so I can’t guarantee how good they are, but I might as well give it a try anyway. Very Happy

----

3 •Advance Captain, Lackey of Morgul Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 10
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Lurker.
Skirmish: Exert Advance Captain to make another roaming Orc minion strength +2 until the regroup phase (or strength +3 if that minion is a lurker).

"’Late as usual...’"

----

1 •Skull Helm Orc
Possession • Helm
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Orc Orc.
If bearer is Advance Captain, he is enduring.

----

1 Foul Blade of Isengard Uruk-hai
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai minion.
While skirmishing a companion with resistance 2 or less, bearer is damage +1 and takes no more than one wound per skirmish.

----

7 •Lurtz, Malicious Hunter Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 13
Site: 5
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
Regroup: Exert Lurtz twice to exhaust a non-hunter companion (except the Ring-bearer).

"’Whom do you serve?’"

----

2 Uruk Ambusher Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Hunter 1. Ambush 2.

"’Do not stop until they are found!’"
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
corvus
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:54 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Welcome back
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:10 pm
Welcome to CC. This is the first LotR board I have been a member of, so you probably don’t know me. My reviews

Advance Captain with a Skull Helm is basically exert him to make him strength +5. Kinda overpowered. Easy strength 21. Mordor scimitar, and he’s as tough as Sauron. For 6. I would say....broken? Then with Goblin hordes....

Foul Blade of Isengard, to cheap. Make it twilight cost higher. Damage +1 on an already damage +1 minion is kinda...powerful.

Lurtz, nice. With the Foul Blade of Isengard, overpowered. I like his regroup ability, as he has to stay unwounded to activate it. Fortitude combo....

Uruk Ambusher is nice. Very balanced.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:34 pm
NBarden wrote:
Welcome to CC. This is the first LotR board I have been a member of, so you probably don’t know me...

Thanks. Pleased to meet you. Smile

NBarden wrote:
Advance Captain with a Skull Helm is basically exert him to make him strength +5. Kinda overpowered. Easy strength 21. Mordor scimitar, and he’s as tough as Sauron. For 6. I would say....broken? Then with Goblin hordes....

It has been a while. I didn’t think he could exert to make himself +5 strength. Perhaps the inclusion of another Orc Orc will fix this.

NBarden wrote:
Foul Blade of Isengard, to cheap. Make it twilight cost higher. Damage +1 on an already damage +1 minion is kinda...powerful.

Fixed. Smile

NBarden wrote:
Lurtz, nice. With the Foul Blade of Isengard, overpowered. I like his regroup ability, as he has to stay unwounded to activate it. Fortitude combo...

Thanks. Since Foul Blade of Isengard has been fixed, he should be fine.

NBarden wrote:
Uruk Ambusher is nice. Very balanced.

Again, thanks. I appreciate your comments. If there are any cards of you own you wish me to review then I will gladly do it!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:36 pm
Wow, I’m honored that you remember me! Very Happy

Welcome back to the game!

On to the DCs...

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Orc
Site: 6
Lurker.
Skirmish: Exert Advance Captain to make a roaming Orc minion strength +2 until the regroup phase (or strength +3 if that minion is a lurker).
"’Late as usual...’"

As a member of the Orc culture, he should have a site number of 4. That being said, his roaming ability wouldn’t be too useful with a site number of 4, so you might want to change his skirmish ability to fit in with an existing Orc strategy (or maybe even start a new one!).

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 •Skull Helm Orc
Possession • Helm

Cool. No complaints.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai minion. Bearer is damage +1.
While skirmishing a companion with strength 6 or less, bearer takes no more than one wound per skirmish.

The damage bonus comes a bit cheaply, and the other ability doesn’t seem like it would help much; if you’re fighting so weak a companion, it’s not going to be easy to take wounds since for them to win they would probably increase their strength with a skirmish event (thus getting past the ability).

Here’s what I suggest:

Possession • Hand Weapon
While skirmishing a companion with resistance 2 or less, bearer is damage +1 and takes no more than one wound per skirmish.

That way, is balanced and fits in with an existing Uruk-hai strategy

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
Regroup: Exert Lurtz twice to exhaust a non-hunter companion (except the Ring-bearer).
"’Whom do you serve?’"

Awesome, but Lurtz should have a site number of 5 to fit in with the other Uruks.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
2 Uruk Ambusher Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Hunter 1. Ambush 1.
"’Do not stop until they are found!’"[/i]

Again, needs a site number of 5. Other than that, cool card; although you could probably raise his ambush to 2.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:51 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Wow, I’m honored that you remember me! Very Happy

Welcome back to the game!

How could I forget? You and Dain were undoubtedly the best dream card makers on the Decipher boards (and I wouldn’t be surprised if you two still are). Thanks for welcoming me back!

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
As a member of the Orc culture, he should have a site number of 4. That being said, his roaming ability wouldn’t be too useful with a site number of 4, so you might want to change his skirmish ability to fit in with an existing Orc strategy (or maybe even start a new one!).

I would still like to keep his skirmish ability (as this is what his former version dealt with), so I think that I may take your latter suggestion and work on creating a new Orc strategy that deals with roaming minions. Since they primarily have a site number of 4, we’ll have to make sure that they are roaming...meaning more cards. I don’t know if it would be better for me to do dream cards periodically (daily or weekly) or if I should just try to focus on one strategy to develop.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Cool. No complaints.

Thanks. Mr. Green

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
The damage bonus comes a bit cheaply, and the other ability doesn’t seem like it would help much; if you’re fighting so weak a companion, it’s not going to be easy to take wounds since for them to win they would probably increase their strength with a skirmish event (thus getting past the ability).

Here’s what I suggest:

Possession • Hand Weapon

That way, is balanced and fits in with an existing Uruk-hai strategy.

Ah, so the Uruk-hai culture now deals with resistance. That’s cool. Your version is certainly superior to mine. Fixed!

AnxiosChieftain wrote:
Awesome, but Lurtz should have a site number of 5 to fit in with the other Uruks.

Thanks. I’ll have to study all of the cards carefully so that I can know how the current game functions.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Again, needs a site number of 5. Other than that, cool card; although you could probably raise his ambush to 2.

Changed.

Thanks for your time, Anxious. I would love to review any dream cards you have (should you wish it, of course)!
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:14 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
You and Dain were undoubtedly the best dream card makers on the Decipher boards (and I wouldn’t be surprised if you two still are).

AC doesn’t make that many DC cards, but he is working through a set right now. Dain Ironfoot is the best DC maker, and for never playing the game, the most amazing DC maker.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:09 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Best dream card maker? Most amazing DC maker? You guys put me on too high a pedestal, methinks. Embarassed I do okay. I have plenty of misses among my hits. But thanks all the same. Smile

Good to see you again, Saru--er, I mean, Mouth. Razz I certainly remember you. Glad you found the place.

How many old-school folks do we have from the Decipher boards now? You, me, Menace, AC, Thonnas, KingMike (Turin), Corvus.... We just need a couple more to move over, like Namarie, WeyounsLastClone, DrPepper, Faramir_Stout_Captain, and Kertrats. I haven’t heard from those guys forever. Weyoun and DrPepper were around the boards I had set up for a while...maybe I’ll see if their e-mail addresses still work.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:32 pm
Yes, I remember Namarie was also quite active on that board. It’s good to see so many familiar faces; I do hope to see more as I stay with the site.

I think we could use some cards...at least until I get organized enough to form a set. These focus on a solo Saruman strategy. Laughing

----

4 •Saruman, Ring-maker Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Damage +1. Lurker.
Saruman is strength +1 for each Isengard artifact you can spot.
Shadow: Exert Saruman twice to play an Isengard artifact from your draw deck.

"’Why should we fear to use it?’"

----

2 •Staff of Saruman, Sorcerer’s Rod Isengard
Artifact • Staff
Strength: +2
Bearer must be Saruman.
While you can spot no other minions, Saruman is enduring.
Each time you play an Isengard spell during a skirmish involving Saruman, you may make a companion skirmishing Saruman strength -1 until the regroup phase.

"’I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain!’"

----

1 Bolt of Fire Isengard
Event • Archery
Exert Saruman and spot a staff he bears to wound a companion.

"’Save your pity and your mercy; I have no use for it!’"

----

1 Language of Orthanc Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert Saruman to make him strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.

"Suddenly another voice spoke, low and melodious..."

----

1 Voice of Saruman Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert Saruman to make a companion strength -3.

"’You have fought many wars and slain many men, Theoden King...’"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hi I am a spammer. plain and simple.

I also like to review Dc’s though so
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

----

Minion • Orc
Lurker.
Skirmish: Exert Advance Captain to make another roaming Orc minion strength +2 until the regroup phase (or strength +3 if that minion is a lurker).
"’Late as usual...’"
needs to cost 4

----

1 •Skull Helm Orc
Possession • Helm
I don’t like the second ability. how about while bearer is roaming bearer is enduring?

----

Possession • Hand Weapon
nice

----

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
"’Whom do you serve?’"
ID really like the lore, but otherwise fine by me.

----

2 Uruk Ambusher Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Hunter 1. Ambush 2.
"’Do not stop until they are found!’"

fine by me. have a GP!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards