LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:27 pm
--- description ---
A good threat maipulation deck for new players.
--- end description ---

Well...my deck box has room for 7 decks, and after taking apart my Frodo/Gandalf choke deck. (which stunk so bad I usually got knocked off at site 3), it looked kinda empty. So, I decided to build this easy to play multicultural threat deck, paired with the Gandalf choke’s shadow (Isengard Uruk-Hai) I built it primarily so my friends that are new to the game would have an easy deck to play, and so I can use it and my other multicultural deck to teach people how the game works. Its an easy to play deck that utilizes about every rule.

FP

Starting:
Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Legolas, Nimble Warrior
Merry, Rohirrim Squire
Pippin, Sworn to Service

Additional Companion:
Aragorn, Driven By Need x 3 (Because I don’t have 4)

Possessions:
Ranger’s Sword, Blade of Aragorn
Long-Knives of Legolas
Hobbit Sword x 4

Allies:
Filibert Bolger, Wily Rascal
Bounder

Conditions:
Hosts of the Last Alliance x 2
There and Back Again x 2
Fates Entwined
Measure of Comfort x 2

Events:
Hobbit Intuition x 4
Hobbit Stealth
Farewell to Lorien x 2
Sentinels of Numenor x 4
Forearmed x 2
Valor x 2
Final Shot

The strategy is very straightforward, add threats, pump up your companions, throw out an extra wound in the archery phase, and then peel all your threats off with Aragorn to use them again next turn. Play skirmish cancellation as necessary and don’t hesitate to use Filibert Bolger’s text. Fates Entwined will easily heal your hobbits back up to fighting condition. If your not in position to use Filiber Bolger’s text, throw those fierce minions on Aragorn and use Sentinels of Numenor to drop them. And remember, each orc and uruk-hai is strength -2 vs. Legolas with his Long-knives.

Shadow:
Minions:
Saruman, Servant of the Eye
Uruk Runner x 2
Uruk Regular x 2
Uruk Soldier x 3
Uruk-Hai Raiding Party x 4
Uruk Stalker
Uruk-Hai Mob
Uruk Besieger
Uruk Rager
Advance Uruk Patrol
Uruk-Hai Horde
Uruk Scout x 2
Uruk Brood
Uruk Foot Soldier

Conditions:

Attack on Helm’s Deep x 4
No Business of Ours
Saruman’s Snows
Saruman’s Chill
Suffered Much Loss
Saruman’s Ambition
Their Arrows Enrage

Possessions:
Banner of Isengard x 2
Broad-Bladed Sword

Events:
Sack of the Shire x 2

The strategy is fairly simple. Drop cheap minions on them, and stack tokens on Attack on Helm’s Deep. Take control of sites, and then drop your Saruman, Uruk-Hai horde, Uruk-Hai Mob, Uruk Brood and Advance Uruk Patrol with your Banner of Isengards. Then when they win play Sack of the Shire and make them fierce. I have exhausted my brothers entire fellowship with this combo. From then on, losing a skirmish to damage +1 Uruk-hai spells disaster for your opponent.

Of course, with condition discarding, Attack on Helm’s Deep can be easily tossed, in which case you just regularly play Uruk-Hai until you draw another one. In the extremely likely case they all get discarded, just play Uruk-Hai. Remember, this is a deck for learning to utilize each aspect of the game.

Great deck for new players, and for teaching people how to play.

~NBarden
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open