LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
c3poquino
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:35 pm
Wow, absent for a while travelling with the family, and when I get back, there’s a message from Cobra himself in my Inbox, to rate December’s article. Guess I’m a little late. I like this build. Like it very much. MNow, I’ve figured now that my bro’s more of a casual player, he likes crazy, fun decks, while I like decks that beat a lot. Bot lists here look great for that. One semi-control, one pure aggro. On the semi-control one by La_Sin_Grail, though, I don’t like something that resembles Force Spike to be played in less than four copies, as they tend to arrive at the wrong time. Same goes for Spell Snare. However, I’ll make an exception and test it as it is, since there’s nothing left to cut anyway. Great idea too, Felipe Musco, nice to see the Zoo back.
mojo
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:27 am
seems pretty solid for a zoo deck good build the article is lacking in match up analyisis. you say what cards to put in for each match up but you dont say why you chose them. tbh. leyline of lifeforce is only good if you start with it opening hand cause by turn 4 most control decks are gonna counter it, so your gonna aggresively mull til you get it. also if they let it resolve they will probably repeal it at the start of ur next turn. so your wasting valable mana on an enchantment which priolly wont see play long enough to make a difference. as for the rest of ur choices i truely agree, but i would add some land hate for control decks like cyroclasm(destroy plains or island and deals 3 damage) and stone rain each can destroy a control deck if played early enough. my meta is control base with a few agro decks... one thing each agro deck has in common is the land hate. it makes for a better overall match up for agro. another card which can be good is mortorium stone which just takes out certain cardes from the graveyard from the game, and is also reuseable.
c3poquino
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:55 am
I agree with mojo and La_Sin_Grail. Leylines just are not enough. However, well, sideboard is all about the meta, so I wouldn’t rate you down on a sideboard. The build is amazingly solid. Well done.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:27 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ok, ok, Leylines are as good as gone! You guys won! But... what do I side in, then? Land hate?
I don't like YOU.
mojo
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:42 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Ok, ok, Leylines are as good as gone! You guys won! But... what do I side in, then? Land hate?

Land hate is pretty much ftw against any control decks. i know cause i one played agro(sea stompy..miss that when kami was in) and i also play control as of now. it slows me down so much and since ur running green and red wreck havoc is amzing, because its uncounterable, also for added damage cyroclasm is good as well. so u got some nice options even acid-moss would be nice as a ld/mana fixer. some builds use stonewood innvocation on their one drops or their two drops for a better kill. agressively use burn after ld with creatures for a quick kill...should make the deck extremely favorable post sideboard. the land hate is there also to get ride of urza’s factory and other lands that cause problems.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:47 pm
You could side in Boom//Bust seeing as you have flagstones of trokair. That could help fix your mana as well as blow up the control deck.
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:36 pm
Great article, Felipe!

I can’t judge its competitiveness at the highest level, but if you’ve got Grail making such specific suggestions and testing it himself, it must be pretty good. Wink (Or maybe Grail just really likes Zoo...)

La_Sin_Grail wrote:
The key is that leylines hurt you worse when they don’t work out than they help when they do work out. THAT’s why I don’t like them.

Well said. Very Happy
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:05 pm
Thanks, it’s actually pretty aggressive. I’ll post another one, which is not as solid, but sure as hell is fun! But THIS one, this is my lil’ baby. It’s amazingly powerful, and gets the job done against most builds I played so far without too much trouble. Siding Wreak Havoc seems AMAZINGLY good, but Boom / Bust is also attractive. I think I’ll go with maybe 2 ofs here, of each, for testing reasons, but I think that Wreak Havoc may be more consistant.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:33 pm
Cobra wrote:
Great article, Felipe!

(Or maybe Grail just really likes Zoo...)

Hit the nail on the head. Both nails. It was a very good article, and I used to play zoo, until I gave up netdecking because it just got old so quickly.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:37 pm
Same here. Netdecking just sucks up a lot of the fun. Specially when they take you as "going rogue" and you smash them in the face!
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest