LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
The First
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:27 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Sorry, meant to type Browbeat.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:39 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You forgot something very important. This list was conceived pre-Planar Chaos. AFTER Planar Chaos is legal (I’m writing a full article on it, btw Wink ), well, you’ll see what I have in mind for this deck. Also, Zoo "ceased" being played after Time Spiral came out, being split into Boros (due to Javelineer, Soltari Priest and Holy Nimbus) and Gruul (Magus of the Scroll, Call of the Herd, sometimes Browbeat). Now inresponse told me that someone still played it in a big tournament, but I honestly had no knowledge of that. Other than that, yeah, I’m claiming that this is a pretty competitive deck Pre-Planar Chaors, and believe me, it will be Post-Planar Chaos as well. Just stay tuned for my next article, and you’ll see what I’m talking about. WIll it be "the best deck ever"? Well, who knows, I never thought D-Storm would actually WIN Worlds, so... who knows. As for the mana base, seriously, play it. It’s not that bad at all. Yeah, sometimes you might be delayed a little for one turn, but then you get a really good next turn. Seriously, try it out if you may.
I don't like YOU.
The First
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:01 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
But you did not know about Damnation at 18/01/07 ?? Shocked Anyway, most of my points are still valid or useful even if you wrote it for pre-PC environ.

I can’t say that I can not wait till you post the article but at least, I have hereby officially taken an interest Wink .

D-Storm does contain quite some cards I’d never guessed it would be played in the finals at Worlds. So, indeed you never know.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:07 pm
I knew about Damnation. But then again, I didn’t know everything the new set had to offer, so I didn’t bother. NOW that I’ve seen, well, I may be able to come up with a clever answer... Not THE answer, but good enough, I guess.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:23 pm
I think he means browbeat, but I’m not sure.

As for the comments on my G/W build, I have tinkered for this for a long time. While it should be the subject of an article, I’ll just leave it at this. It doesn’t make sense that 8 anthems should be played. I’ll admit it, it really doesn’t. Two things though. 1) People play wrath. A lot of people. And what survives wrath better than anthem effects? With anthems, I just need to get them to 7 in four turns, which isn’t too hard, and then groundbreaker for the win. 2) It works well with the mana acceleration. Many green acceleration decks run into problems because their accelerators are dead late game. However, even swinging for a damage or two makes a birds of paradise well worth the one mana, and a llanowar elves with two anthems is half the size of Akroma! This also plays well with fists of ironwood- watchwolves get big and I can give them trample, but when the tokens become bears or bigger, I can pay two mana for two 3/3’s, or 2/2’s, or whatever, which is a sweet deal anytime, anywhere.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:05 pm
Ha, who would’ve known. I thought I’d nail this month’s article with this one, it’s one of the best builds I’ve ever made... Well, best of luck for next month. Anyway, I guess it’s cool, it’s a reminder that people will always be people, no matter gow you spin it. They think differently, and interpret things differently, so no assumptions tolerated! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:16 pm
Okay... I don’t think anybody can really justify giving this article a two... I think there should be some way to associate people with the votes they gave because I don’t think people would do things like this if they didn’t think they could hide.

Who’s got beef with Felipe? Just settle it already. I’m not going to see the return of hate ones if there’s anything at all I can do about it.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:23 pm
Actually, inresponse gave me a justified 2, just check above. Let’s call this one a case closed, shall we? Wink There’s always next month. Wait, isn’t it today already?!? Gotta get to wooooork!!!
I don't like YOU.
mojo
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:40 pm
mojo: Well, I don’t know much about this guy. Usually drops by, makes 1-2 comments, and then split. Don’t tend to be overprotective with your friends, dude. But OF COURSE you can support their point of view if it’s yours, too. Also, don’t write-and-rate an article, specially when you don’t give enough reason (seriously, inresponse gave me his reasons, and so did physcosick, but yours... sorry, just not enough for the grade you gave me).

sorry ferlipe i didnt say much cause i dont like being mean but my reasonings for this is the deck is not orginal cause i faced the csame excat build 3 weeks ago in a tourney. it was not an orginal deck list to be honest and it was not that goopd of a build and u didnt have enough burn for my liking. you lacked in match up anaylisis another crucial part of an article. overal it was well deserving of a three cause u puit alot of thought into it but i feel like u didnt test it enough. to be honest i can only take sao much from you guys but ur a nice guy. a three is all i could give u based on being fair as possible without letting my emotions come into play. as for my friends if i see them being treated like crap i take it personally. this was suppose to be done last night but i was busy...this is my final thoughts.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:54 pm
Yeah, I heard abouyt the fact that someone plagiarized my with anticipation... Wink I understand your reasoning, but I only want to let you guys know that I REALLY didn’t know this was still being played at all, I don’t netdeck, my decks are all original material, although let’s face it, with the universe of players out there, it’s hard to be "truly" original, someone will always think alike, like what happened here. Sorry to have you guys think I copied a list, I’d never do something like it (not to mention, I’m STILL out of internet, posting from the University, so I don’t have that much online time available...). And yeah, this is also why my match-up analysis was so sketchy, complete lack of time. I could’ve let it to the following month, but I wanted to post it Pre-Planar Chaos, since I ALWAYS write a full article on new sets. Btw, come back in a few weeks to check it out if I can get around to finishing it more quickly, I think you’d have something to add. Not to mention, I’m going to be thrashed FOR SURE since I’ll actually suggest going mono for the new meta (not ONLY, but strongly), so I might need some backing up from guys who like crazy/"against the current" decks. I don’t know if it’s your case, but I know it’s physcosick’s and inresponse’s, so I hope they get around to chatting about it too! Homage
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest