LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thonnas7 wrote:
Alright, T7’s Triples #2 is a little later in the day, due to the fact that I was cleaning out some old PC games and found Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis....yeah, won’t happen every day. Very Happy Right into them then...

1 Armor of the Golden Wood Elven
Possession • Armor
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be a Naith.
Bearer may not take wounds (except during skirmish phases).
Common
its relatively worthless.for the price of not being able ot take archery they get + resistance. it isn’t horrible, but I wouldn’t use it. consider a wound prevention ability of some sort.

0 Strike From Horseback Elven
Event • Archery
Exert your Elven archer with True Shot to exert a minion (or wound that minion twice if your Elven archer is mounted).
Common
I would make it exert your mounted elven archer to wound a minioin twice. that companion doesn’t add to the fellowship archery total

2 •Thandronen, Leader of Elves Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Naith.
While bearing a ranged weapon, Thandronen is strength +1 and may not take wounds during the archery phase.
Uncommon

works for me. thouh how good is not taking wounds during the archery phase?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:03 pm
thonnas7 wrote:
Alright, T7’s Triples #2 is a little later in the day, due to the fact that I was cleaning out some old PC games and found Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis....yeah, won’t happen every day. Very Happy Right into them then...

Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Naith.
Common

Slightly overpowered. I would take away the "resistance +1."

Event • Archery
Exert your Elven archer with True Shot to exert a minion (or wound that minion twice if your Elven archer is mounted).
Common

Overpowered. Raise the twilight cost to 1 and make it only one wound, or raise it to 2 and keep the wound ability at 2.

Companion • Elf
Naith.
While bearing a ranged weapon, Thandronen is strength +1 and may not take wounds during the archery phase.
Uncommon

Creative! Good job! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:38 am
Quote:
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Naith.
Common

This is more of a drawback that a help. You really need to change it to a form of wound prevention instead.
Quote:
Event • Archery
Common

Change ’wound’ to ’exert’ and I like it.
Quote:
Companion • Elf
Naith.
Uncommon

Again, more of a drawback - pretty soon your Ring-bearer is going to be taking wounds instead of Thandronen. You could always change it to ’the minion archery total is -1’ instead.

---

Cool cards, except for the parts that make ’em unable to take wounds. Wink

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
thonnas7
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:53 am
Alright, you guys convinced me to do wound prevention and diminishing the minion archery total.

They’re updated. Some more in a little bit.
thonnas7
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:57 pm
0 From the South of Lorien Elven
Event • Maneuver
Discard 2 Elven cards from hand (or 1 Elven possession) to make an Elven archer gain True Shot until the end of the archery phase.
Common

2 •Legolas, Stalwart Prince of Mirkwood Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Resistance: 7
Archer. True Shot.
Archery: Exert Legolas and add a threat to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit +2).
Rare

2 •Legolas, Faithful Companion Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make a companion of another race strength +1.
Common
Last edited by thonnas7 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
thonnas7 wrote:
0 From the South of Lorien Elven
Event • Maneuver
Discard 2 Elven cards from hand (or 1 Elven possession) to make an Elven archer gain True Shot until the start of the assignment phase.
Common

Might be better to say "...until the end of the archery phase", but that might just be me.

thonnas7 wrote:
2 •Legols, Stalwart Prince of Mirkwood Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer. True Shot.
Archery: Exert Legolas and add a threat to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit +2).
Rare

Yeah, I figured Legolas would get some true shot love. Razz

He’s okay. A little powerful, but not overly so. Maybe require his archery ability spot no threats first, like Legolas, Nimble Warrior.

Oh, and be sure to spell his name right. Rolling Eyes

thonnas7 wrote:
2 •Legolas, Faithful Companion Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make a companion of another race strength +1.
Common

Yeah, I like that. Pretty unique (for a version of Legolas), but fits him perfectly. Good stuff.
thonnas7
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:10 pm
Thanks for the review Dain. I made the one change you suggested on From the South of Lorien. Also, when I checked, Legolas’s name was spelled right. A mod must have fixed it.

Also, I apologize for the lack of a set of cards yesterday. You don’t want to here the long version, as it’s boring, so I’ll just say I was never home. Laughing

Anyways, here we go for today.

1 •Bow of the Galadhrim, Precise Weapon Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
While bearer is Legolas, each time a minion is killed in the archery phase, you may add a threat or a burden to heal Legolas.
Rare

0 •Legolas’s Cloak Elven
Possession • Cloak
Resistance: +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
Assignment: If bearer is Legolas, discard this possession to cancel a skirmish involving him.
Rare

3 •Forests of Lothlorien Elven
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in Region 2, each time the fellowship moves, you may heal 2 Elves.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is at a forest, heal each unbound companion. Discard this condition.
Rare
Last edited by thonnas7 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:09 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thonnas7 wrote:
Thanks for the review Dain. I made the one change you suggested on From the South of Lorien. Also, when I checked, Legolas’s name was spelled right. A mod must have fixed it.

Also, I apologize for the lack of a set of cards yesterday. You don’t want to here the long version, as it’s boring, so I’ll just say I was never home. Laughing

Anyways, here we go for today.

1 •Bow of the Galadhrim, Precise Weapon Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Elf. Bearer is an archer.
While bearer is Legolas, each time a minion is killed in the archery phase, you may add a threat or a burden to heal Legolas.
Rare
kinda nice with legolas, greenleaf. make it twilight cost 2 or kill the archer bonus.

0 •Legolas’s Cloak Elven
Possession • Cloak
Resistance: +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
Assignment: Exert Legolas and choose a minion. Until the regroup phase Legolas may not be assigned to skirmish that minion.
Rare
its utility seems relatively small, unless they have someone they can assign to a skirmish. maybe discard this possession, and exert legolas to cancel a skirmish involving him?

3 •Forests of Lothlorien Elven
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in Region 2, each time the fellowship moves, you may heal each Elf.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is at a forest, heal each unbound companion. Discard this condition.
Rare

thats pretty uber healing. maybe with the first ability make it 2 elves.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
thonnas7
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:12 am
I made the suggested changes, SoP. Here are some more Elf stuff.

2 •Rivendell Library Elven
Condition • Support Area
To plau, spot 2 Elves.
While the fellowship is in region 1, at the start of each turn, you may heal each Elf and Wizard.
Regroup: If the fellowship is at a dwelling, discard this condition to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing opponent’s site if necessary).
Rare

2 Naith Warrior Elven
Companion • Elf
Resistance: 5
Naith.
Response: If an Elf is about to take a wound in a skirmish, add 2 and exert this companion to prevent that wound.
Common

1 Knife-Work Elven
Event • Maneuver
Exert an Elf bearing a hand weapon to exert a minion twice.
Uncommon
Last edited by thonnas7 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:14 am
thonnas7 wrote:
2 •Rivendell Library Elven
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in region 1, at the start of each turn, you may heal each Elf and Wizard.
Regroup: If the fellowship is at a dwelling, discard this condition to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing opponent’s site if necessary).
Rare

Cool, but it needs to be culturally enforced.

thonnas7 wrote:
2 Naith Warrior Elven
Companion • Elf
Resistance: 5
Naith.
Response: If an Elf is about to take a wound in a skirmish, add 2 and exert this companion to prevent that wound.
Common

Good.

thonnas7 wrote:
1 Knife-Work Elven
Event • Maneuver
Exert an Elf bearing a hand weapon to wound a minion twice.
Uncommon

Yikes, either make it exert the Elf twice, or change it from 2 wounds to 2 exertions on a minion.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards