LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:50 am
Do Gollum culture cards that specify both Gollum and Smeagol stay active the entire game, once they’re played? I assume when I submit my decklist I have to specifiy which side which cards belong. In other words, can I "hide" cards for my Smeagol inside the 30+ card count for my Gollum?
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:17 am
yerkamig wrote:
Do Gollum culture cards that specify both Gollum and Smeagol stay active the entire game, once they’re played? I assume when I submit my decklist I have to specifiy which side which cards belong. In other words, can I "hide" cards for my Smeagol inside the 30+ card count for my Gollum?
Gollum Culture cards are divided into free peoples and shadow cards. The shadow cards cannot be counted as free peoples cards and vice versa. The Shadow cards can be identified by the black diamond around the twilight cost of the card and the free peoples cards can be identified by the grey circle around the twilight cost of the card. When constructing a deck, you must have equal numbers of shadow and free people’s cards in the deck so there is no "hiding" smeagol (Free Peoples) cards in your shadow half of the deck.

When you are playing the game only up to half of your cards will be active at any time. When it is your turn, your Free Peoples’ cards will be active. When it is your opponent’s turn only your shadow cards will be active.

Does this answer your question?
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:35 am
Ok, yeah. That’s what I get for trying to think too much during 3rd shift. Thanks. So when I play Gladden Homestead I can only spot Smeagol based Gollum cards, right? NOT any Gollum conditions I might have out. Or, I guess I could spot any Gollum stuff my opponent might have out, yes?
menace64
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:37 am
That last bit is absolutely right. You spot any active Gollum cards (so if you’re free peoples, you spot any of your smeagol-oriented Gollum cards and spot any gollum-oriented Gollum cards any opponents might have out).

And I can’t help but bring up your screen name. Play SWCCG, much? Laughing
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
yerkamig
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:21 am
Yeah, tried to. It’s a dedication to the many failed CCG card concepts I spend most of my life trying to flush out.

Bartender! Keep ’em comin’! Boo hoo!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions