LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:23 pm
Ever wanted to throw out tons of wounds on minions with elf archery, but was afraid to break the rule of five, the supposedly only way to throw out tons of archery without events? Or maybe you don’t care about the rule of five and would like to see how a few companions can throw out tons of archery, and then cram even more companions in there. Whatever the case, this elf archery deck has four companions and an almost certain 7 wounds in the arcerhy phase. Then throw in events...
Archery Choke (somewhat)

Ring-Bearer:
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Fellowship:
Legolas, Of the Grey Company
Rumil, Brother of Haldir

Deck:
Elrond, Witness to History x 4

Elven Bow x 3
Naith Longbow x 2
Long-Knives of Legolas
Sword of the Fallen x 3

Nenya, Ring of Adamant x 3

Double Shot x 4
Valor x 4
Feathered x 2
Nocked x 4
Take Up The Bow x 2

All right, here’s how it works. Legolas, Of The Grey Company is nice because he dishes out two wounds per skirmish phase. And Rumil is an automatic archer. How does this work? Well…first off, get Elrond, Witness to History in play. Legolas and Rumil get Naith Longbows, Elrond and Galadriel get elven bows. So now everyone is an archer. Discard the other elven bow, or use it for Galadriel’s card manipulation.

Now, this deck revolves aroun Nenya, Ring of Adamant. Discard it in the manuever phase and stack two elf cards on top of your draw deck. Reveal the top one twice to make Rumil an archer, and Legolas to wound a minion, then burn them both to exert minions with Naith Longbow, and finish off with archery.

Let a minion get through to Elrond, so he can stack Nenya back on top of your draw deck.

Then of course, all the archery events throw out tons of wounds, but even without them, this deck hits hard. With 4 archers + Legolas’ wound + two exertions from Naith Longbow = 7 wounds! All off of 4 companions! Throw in a couple Double Shot, Mighty Shot and Nocked, and you’ve got massive archery. And don’t forget that all those exertions are healed each time Nenya is discarded.

Well…there you have it! A killer archery deck with only four companions. Have fun!

~NBarden
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:47 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Pretty nice deck! I like all of those wounds, and I also like the use of Naith Longbow. Although...have you thought about Legolas’ Bow? It would help with Nocked.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:19 am
Yeah, I thought of it, but Nenya stacks two cards, so I think that two Naith Longbow works well for that. (I think this is the first deck that effectively utilizes Naith Longbow.)

Oh, and Nenya, Ring of Adamant heals two elves also. So the exertion isn’t a problem.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Eoweenie
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:27 am
not to sound like a cynic here, but what happens when an uruk rogue with broad-bladed sowrd comes out? Very Happy looks the a cool deck, but i think it has too big of a weakness to any wound prevention mechanisms out there.
Farmer_Maggot
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:16 am
You say that Broad Bladed Sword and other wound prevention would prevent this deck from functioning but that’s been the problem for archery decks since the beginning of the game (eg. Goblin Armouries). All decks have their weaknesses and strengths. I really like the deck... it’s original and looks effective.
I look good on the dance floor.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:19 am
Eoweenie wrote:
not to sound like a cynic here, but what happens when an uruk rogue with broad-bladed sowrd comes out? Very Happy looks the a cool deck, but i think it has too big of a weakness to any wound prevention mechanisms out there.

Actually, no. This deck wounds and exerts.

So, this deck stops this, but if your want better circumvention, you could always run Legolas, Woodland Emissary with Legolas’ Bow. But this only throws out two wounds, not three.
Glamdring
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:44 pm
I think the Uruk-hai culture would be hard to beat since most of their minions have a lot of defense against wounds.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:14 am
Okay, let me set a parameter. What do you think of it compared to your stereotypical archery deck?
alehaak
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:16 am
hmmmm

my suggestions:

drop 1 elven bow

drop legola’s knives

drop 4 copies of valor

add 2 copies of Shadow Between (to cycle your hand and heal more your elves)

ill suggest you to add at least 3 copies of elven markmanship

and another nenya...

Or if you want another good companion to your strategy you can use celebort, The Wise... to run and get an important event from discard pile

i think all this swords aren’t necessary... 2 points to 1 str -1 for each wound... isn’t good for your "archery choke" idea drop all and put at least 3 copies of Company of Archers

This is REALLY important agains Uruk-hai Armory, his terrible servants, and archery/wound preventing !

btw , nice deck, i like this strategy !
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:30 pm
I think you have a nice balance between archery and strength, and although you could get rid of pumpers like some of the others suggested, then poor old Elrond would practically be defenseless against any minion with even a little balls. I think this is a strong deck as it stands, and like I said a nice balance. If I were you I would not really change it much. So good work and thanks for your suggestions as well. I had originally wanted to do one a little more like this deck...but I haven’t really gotten to many of the newer cards cause I havent been collecting for a couple of years. But maybe in the somewhat near future I will delve into the newer blocks of LOTR. Later dude.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded