LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

33%
  [ 2 ]  33%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:44 pm
But the reason damnation works better is they don’t expect you to be playing it in an agro deck, so they don’t drowse you down. You should have gained life from some sort of helix etc. and they can’t deal you damage outside dragonstorming.

If they have 4 dragons and I don’t have a Wrath effect, I’m going to lose the next turn not to mention the fact that 4 dragons can block. Helix can’t do the job alone. Any good dragonstorm deck knows to gigadrowse the turn before going off. But they don’t have the mana to do that the turn immediately after going off, when you can wrath their dragons to death.
c3poquino
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm
Great idea, not so great deck. Still, I liked your way of thinking, plain and simple. And people tend to just forget that, as you said, there’s one thing called blocking, which can be done with Sudden Spoiling, and to good avail. Problem is, against Dragonstorm, they’ll just clear your weenies for the massive swing afterwards, and that’s where Damnation could come in handy.
The First
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:03 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Thanks for the compliment.

I, myself, do like this deck. I play for amusement most of the time so it does not have to be top of the bill for me atm.

You are correct about Damnation but still, I think that Gigadrowse would mean the end, Damnation or no Damnation. It all depends who you are playing against of course and luck. And Shadow might be the best solution but Damnation is the most efficient against a wider variety of decks..
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:28 pm
Well here’s the thing. If they can, they’ll be sure to blast off a gigadrowse the turn before going off. They would NEVER blast it the turn after. If you can gain any life to stay alive for the original dragon blast, you can cast damnation without interferance. the same cannot be said for shadow.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Actually, if the issue is D-Storm, maybe Persecute would be more effective, I think. At least in this build.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:48 pm
I agree, in part. However, if D-storm goes first, it’s quite possible they shoot turn four. That means persecute will be late. Damnation can’t be late Razz
mojo
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:04 pm
ever thought of running storage lands? i personally think b/w agro would be ur best bet with ur idea...gives u ghost council and savanna lions andasome other nasty critters from the white side to the table. as well as with the hellkit whiping out ur weenie guys just ghostway in response or a good bathe in light. plus it gives u cop red and the like. adds some more power to the build and makes ur idea more viable against other decks.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:16 pm
That’s just panda concoction, not an original deck. However, splashing white wouldn’t be a bad plan.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:47 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And cop won’t work, as they’ll Drowse you if you have it on the table. Which in turn also kills bathe in light or Ghostway. Thing is: game one, a Ghostway / Bathe in Light is your better choice, as it catch them off-guard game one. For game two... well, that’s a whole other issue, but by then you’re up 1-0. Wink
I don't like YOU.
mojo
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:54 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
And cop won’t work, as they’ll Drowse you if you have it on the table. Which in turn also kills bathe in light or Ghostway. Thing is: game one, a Ghostway / Bathe in Light is your better choice, as it catch them off-guard game one. For game two... well, that’s a whole other issue, but by then you’re up 1-0. Wink

pretty much jsut some suggestions and ur right thats what i was thinking but maybe with a storage land it can be fun and useful, but jsut some speculation, cause pure black is not gonna cut it for agro at least.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest