LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:53 pm
I dont know how many people are going to take part of the DC section of the boards. But, I've decided to open a contest based on the "Wonders" of various parts of Middle-Earth. The cards will be based on ancient landmarks, wonderous places, and just things that are kinda cool in Middle-Earth.

The final set will include 36 cards. 6 companions, 6 minions, 6 possessions/artifacts, 6 events, 6 conditions, and 6 sites.

For the next week (or 2 if there aren't many replies) I have the following 4 cards for people to make. Companions will go first.

Celebrimbor An elf, grandson of Feanor and helped create the rings of power. (maybe somthing to do with bonuses with artifacts or helping to play artifacts?)

Durin I Known as "the deathless" father of all the dwarves. (maybe some bonuses for other dwarves?)

Ar-Pharazon Last king of Arnor, lead the most powerful army that Men have ever contstructed and took Sauron captive. (make him strong)

Questions? Just ask...
syndrome
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:47 pm
(3) •Celebrimbor, Descendant of Faenor Elven
Companion
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 5
Skirmish: Exert Celebrimbor to make a minion skirmishing an elf strength -1 for each Elven artifact you can spot.

(4) •Durin I, The Deathless Dwarven
Companion
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Res: 7
Each Dwarven companion is strength +1.
Skirmish: Exert Durin I to make target Dwarven companion damage +1 until the regroup phase.

(5) •Ar-Pharazon, Last King of Arnor Gondor
Companion
Str: 9
Vit: 5
Res: 4
Damage +1.
Ar-Pharazon is strength +1 for each Gondor weapon you can spot.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
ingold55
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:51 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
(5) • Celebrimbor: Elven Ring Smith. Elven

Companion Elf

strenght: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5

Celebrimbor is strength +1 and vitality+1 for each elven ring you can spot.

(4) • Durin I, Dwarven King Dwarven

companion Dwarf

Strength 6
vitality 4
resistance 4

Maneuver: exert Durin I to prevent all wounds to him until the regroup phase.

(5) • Ar-Pharazon Strongest King of Arnor Gondor

Companion Man

Knight
strength 10
vitality 4
resistance 3

Manuver: While you can spot four knights, exert Ar-Pharazon to discard a minion. (or 2 minions if they are Sauron minions)
Skirmish: Exert Ar-Pharazon to make each Gondorian knight strength+1 for each companion you can spot. (limit 4).

am i aloud to change the card title like i did?
Last edited by ingold55 on Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
han_feizi
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:59 am
* (2) Celebrimbor Elven

companion Elf

strenght: 6
Resistance 6

Regroup: Exert Celebrimbor and the companion of a chosen culture to take a ring of this culture from your discard pile into your hand

* (2) Durin I Dwarven

Companion dwarf

Strenght: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6

If this card is in discard pile, you may discard Dwarven condition to play this card in a maneuver phase.

Skirmish: If Durin I is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him twice and discard him to make a Dwarven companion strenght +2 and take no wounds until the end of skirmish phase.

* (4) Ar-Pharazon Gondor

Companion man

Strenght: 6
Resistance: 4

Ar-Pharazon is strenght +1 for each shadow condition you can spot

Maneuver: exert Ar-Pharazon to reveal opponent's hand; discard each shadow card revealed and exert a companion for each free people card revealed

----

I'm not good enough in Middle Earth knowledge to create appropriate card titles.
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:24 pm
ingold55 wrote:
am i aloud to change the card title like i did?

yes, any changes are allowed to your cards as you like untill the ending of this week's contest on sunday....or whenever I announce that the contest is closed...Confused

han_feizi wrote:
I'm not good enough in Middle Earth knowledge to create appropriate card titles.

Encyclopedia of Arda
Wikipedia

The first site is the Encyclopedia of Arda, it has almost any information on any character, event, landmark, beast, or anything ever mentioned in and book in The Lord of the Rings. The second sited it the Wikipedia, which I have found has rather comprehensive articles on characters and such in the Lord of the Rings. I used these sites to come up with ideas for my Daily 7 DCs. Please do add sub-titles, or I will have to add them for you... Shocked Hope it Helps... Very Happy

Well, I guess I might as well post my cards at this point. The contest will close January 1st at 11:59 PM.

(3)•Celebrimbor, Silver-Hand Elven
Strength: 7
Resist: 7
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert Celebrimbor to play an artifact from your draw deck on an Elven companion.
Skirmish: Exert Celebrimbor to make a minion strength -1 for each artifact you can spot.
"...and indeed greatest in skill among them was Celebrimbor, son of Curufin..."

(4)•Durin I, The Deathless Dwarven
Strength:7
Resist: 7
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
While Durin I bears a Dwarven possession, each Dwarf is strength +1.
Skirmish: Exert Durin I to make a Dwarven companion strength +1 and damage +1.
"...of whom Durin was most renounded in after ages, father of the kindred most friendly to Elves, whose mansions were at Khazad-Dum."

(5)•Ar-Pharazon, The Golden Gondor
Strength: 9
Vitality: 5
Resist: 6
Companion • Man
Defender +1. Knight.
While you have initiative, each other Gondor Man is strength +1.
Maneuver: Add (X) and exert Ar-Pharazon twice to discard a minion who's twilight cost is X.
"The mightiest and proudest was Ar-Pharazon the Golden of all those that wielded the Sceptre of the Sea-Kings since the foundation of Numenor..."

On Monday, January 2nd I will post the Wonders of Middle Earth Contest #2 which will consist of 3 more companions from 3 differant cultures, Gandalf, Shire, and Rohan. You will then have the added job of voting for cards that you created with other board members this week.

Also, I will reformat each of the cards to fit my DC layout, the reason for this is that each card will look the same and voting will be more unbiased. If you have complaints about your re-formated cards, PM me and tell me about how bad of a person I am for doing this, you can then make any requests, and I will honor your requests as best as I can. Also, if you didn't add a sub-title *cough* han_feizi *cough* I will add the subtitles as Celebrimbor, Grandson of Feanor; Durin I, The Deathless; and Ar-Pharazon, Last King of Arnor as stated in my original post.

Oh, and Happy New Years! Mr. Green
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:06 pm
Oh whatever... Contest Closed Cool

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards