LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
mr.otto
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:10 am
4 Shared Fate

4 Dawn’s Reflection
4 Fertile Ground
4 Overgrowth
4 Wild Growth
10 Forest
10 Island
6 Mountain
7 Plains
7 Swamp

Sideboard
4 Brainspoil
1 Farseek
4 Mountain
3 Plains
3 Swamp

Basically you mulligan until you get a Shared Fate or a Brainspoil if you decide to play a greater number of swamps. Then you use the lands that you draw along with the mana boosters to play Shared Fate as quickly as possible. Then you will draw from their deck(which has all kinds of good stuff), and they will draw from yours (mana and lands).

They basically have the cards that they start with and whatever they put on the board before you play Shared Fate to beat you with. Granted if they have a destroy enchantment ability this deck won’t work. That’s why it’s in the Casual and Just for Fun section.

But it is a fun concept and most people haven’t seen it before.
Plus you really only need 4 cards to play this deck. The rest can be replace with land.

I’m looking to other cards to tutor for Shared Fate in case it is destroyed.
I have been wondering if "search your library" cards would allow them to get cards from their deck after I play Shared Fate. If so, the point in locking them down would be mute.

I’ve considered using cards like Duress and Distress as a way to remove the destruction spells. They can be used turn 1-3 or 4 and then the Enchantment safetly played. Also they can’t use those spells against me since their cards are never put into my hands; they are removed from the game and played from there. Making those spells useless to them.
Last edited by mr.otto on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:14 am
Cool concept! Very Happy

As you mentioned, enchantment removal is this deck’s bane. This could win some games through surprise, but probably wouldn’t win any matches since you’ll be seeing Mortify, Indrik Stomphowler, Disenchant, Naturalize, or whatever other goodies your opponent had in his sideboard in games 2 and 3. Maybe that’s a moot point for a purely casual deck, but I think if you had the ability to replay Shared Fate after it’s destroyed (maindeck Brainspoil? other library searching? card-drawing?) you might improve your odds a bit.

I think your mana acceleration can be improved too; play around with some other options and see what works. Since the whole goal is to play that one spell, Shared Fate, one-time-use mana generation cards might be the way to go. For example:

Turn 1: Any land.

Turn 2: Any land, Izzet Signet.

Turn 3: Any land, Seething Song, Shared Fate!
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
mr.otto
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:22 pm
After posting this deck and reading your comments, I’ve had a few thoughts to kinda discuss.

I like the idea of using Artifacts and One time spells to boost the mana.

I’m looking to other cards to tutor for Shared Fate in case it is destroyed.
I have been wondering if "search your library" cards would allow them to get cards from their deck after I play Shared Fate. If so, the point in locking them down would be mute.

I’ve considered using cards like Duress and Distress as a way to remove the destruction spells. They can be used turn 1-3 or 4 and then the Enchantment safetly played. Also they can’t use those spells against me since their cards are never put into my hands; they are removed from the game and played from there. Making those spells useless to them.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats