LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:02 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Eltlas paced around the elf. The elf had a sword in his hand, and looked like a veteran fighter. Eltlas liked elves, partially out of professional respect for the races strengths, including but not limited to as Eltlas knew, archery, swordsmanship, foresight, bodily and mental strength, healing etc. But Eltlas had to stop thinking about these thing as the elf came at him, he was driven back and almost missed a parry. He swung his spear around and cracked the elf on the head. Then he made the mistake of hesitating, thinking he had knocked the elf out. The elf grabbed his spear, dropping its sword, and swung him around. He went flying 10 into the ground, he grabbed for his dagger, and threw it, the elf ducked under it. He charged forward and arrow in his hand. As the elf was getting up, he tackled him, and stabbed him in his thigh with the arrow. The elf broke the arrow with a flick of his wrist, and then punched him hard, Eltlas staggered back, The elf hit him with his gauntlet, Eltlas recovered and reached for his bow and an arrow. Then he saw 2 things, 3 in fact. 1. His bow was at the elf’s feet.”must’ve fallen out when we were fighting” he thought. 2. Hareth, Zurbog, and very possible Gagnut, were out for the count. 3. The elf had his bow out and an arrow pointed at Eltlas. “You fought well southerner, but you were beaten. Surrender and I will spare your life.” Eltlas looked the elf was 10 feet away, out of lunging distance. The only weapon still on him was arrows, and the elf had a bow. He dropped his arrow, and put his hands in the air. The elf started walking towards him, he saw his chance and lunged. CRACK, the bow came down on his head “ow” he said and then fell unconscious.

Tuilin looked at the fallen haradrim. He had respect for his adversary, and had already decided against killing the creature. He quickly tied it to a tree, then went to bandage Elgalad, and tie up the other haradrim “Hareth” he though he had heard it called. Then he remembered the troll, he looked at it, it was getting up.”what? Obviously this troll is made of sterner stuff then I am used to” he thought. That arrow should have left him lame for days. He pulled out another arrow and fired. The troll seemingly docile before, flew into a fit of rage, leapt towards him, and swung his hammer. Tuilin barely dodged and a tree behind him was reduced to splinters, Tuilin rolled under the troll and fired an arrow into its thigh. The troll swung the hammer again, again Tuilin barely dodged the deadly blows. This pattern continued for a while, Tuilin barely dodging, but getting more and more tired, and the troll getting closer to hitting him, but losing more and more blood from its numerous arrow wounds. Tuilin thought again”This troll has endurance, he is losing blood, and has over a dozen arrows in him but is still swinging as hard as ever.” Finally the troll seemed about to faint, it swung one last time, Tuilin dodged, just in time to get hit by its hand. He went flying 40 feet into a tree. He could feel 2 of his ribs break, and his shoulder dislocate. “Ow” he said before falling unconscious. His last glimpse was of the troll fainting from blood loss.

“Ugh” Eltlas woke up, his head was throbbing, he had expected to be dead or at the least tied up. He glanced around. Hareth, obviously bandaged up, was changing some of Zurbog’s dressings. Zurbog looked unconscious. Gagnut was sleeping. Eltlas pulled himself up and was rewarded with a wave of pain from his head. He slowly walked forward “what happened Hareth where are the elves?” Hareth responded by pointing with his head. Eltlas looked, there were both of them tied up. “The one in the green is called Elgalad, the one in the leather armor is Tuilin.” Hareth said matter-of-factly. “They will be our bargaining power if we get caught.”
“Eltlas nodded and asked “how long have I been asleep, how is zurbog, and how soon can we get moving?”
“8 hours, not good but there is a 60% chance he will survive, more if we can get the elves to help, and we can get moving as soon as Gagnut and Zurbog wake up.”
“What about the elves?”
“We got 5 horses from the riders, we will tie their horse to ours, and gagnut will run along side”
“No, but what is their medical condition”
“Elgalad, will be able to ride but he is to hurt to be able to consider escape for a while, and Tuilin would have to wait for his ribs to mend, but knowing how quickly elves heal, 3 days from now they will probably be well enough that we will have to watch them more carefully. Oh and we will also have to watch Zurbog and Gagnut, Zurbog wants to kill Elgalad, and I bet that Gagnut will want to kill Tuilin, but they have to be in good condition if we ever need to bargain. We will split up their weapons between ourselves”
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
shieldelf
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:15 pm
Zurbog wasn’t happy. He was in incredable pain, and wasn’t thinkong about revenge, he just wanted to go home and get away from all elves. "Hareth, how long will it be till I can accualy get out of this place..." Zurbog asked.

"As soon as our mission is achieved," Hareth replied.

Mumbling, Zurbog lay down on the grass and tried to sleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elgalad noticed that Tuilin was next to him. "Hey, what happened," Elgalad asked. I was winning.

"They caught us, I’m not sure how," Tuilin replied.

"Where is everyone else? I was sure we were winning," Elgalad said.

"They had to big of an advantage," Tuilin replied.

When Elgalad noticed that the Haradrim were asleep, he looked for a way to escape. Finding one of the many arrows on the ground within reaching distance, he picked it up and started to cut through the rope that was holding him. He ran and grabbed his weapons. He grabbed one of the horses and hopped on, silently riding off into the night.
Last edited by shieldelf on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in totalElfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
Gagnut
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:20 pm
Gagnut was not a very good doctor, but he knew he needed patching up. When he woke up, the first thing that he did was pull all the arrows out of his body. It hurt, but he had to do it. The second thing was stopping the bleeding, he had seen many a troll survive getting pumped full of arrows, just to die from the blood loss of taking them out. He found a partially clean shirt, that was on a dead haradrim. He ripped the shirt off and started bandaging up his wounds. It took about 7 different pieces of cloathing, but he got it all patched up. Then he need to find his hammer.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:23 pm
When Hareth arose and found that Elgalad and Tuilin had excaped, he was furious. Aware that there was nobody to blame but himself, Hareth still had no problem placing blame.

"The !@#$ elf!" he screamed. Enraged, he went over to the nearest town and commanded the captain of the stables there to hand over his swiftest steeds. Hareth and his band mounted and soon overtook the elf. Seeing himself hopelessly outnumbered, the elf surrendered.

"Zurbog!" Hareth screamed, "get over here! Round up the rest of this band of elves and men and kill them all. Let none escape. Take a band of our swiftest archers and massacre them! I will have no more misadventures like this! Meet us at the crossroads in northern Ithilien when you have completed your mission"

Zurbog picked his men and departed, and the band set out for the Crossroads, where they might be able to catch some much needed rest.
Last edited by NBarden on Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
shieldelf
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:58 pm
Elgalad might have been mad that they were captured again, except that he had purpously been captured. "They don’t know what they are getting into," Elgalad thought happily. "They will get themselves killed, and then I can convince Legolas that getting rid of the Haradrim is for the good of Ithilien and Gondor."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zurbog didn’t like being yelled at, and was absoloutly mad when he was yelled at by Hareth. "Well, !@#$ his idea. I’m leaving," Zurbog thought to himself. "Maybe it’ll be for the better good anyways." With that, Zurbog angrily rode away. He would let Hareth deal with the rest of the problems.
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin watched elgalad escape t. He shook his head, he couldn’t get far with those wounds. In the meanwhile he had been talking to Eltlas, who had been left as a sentry. The southron liked to here about some of the battles he had been in. Then in the midst of talking about how he had fought in osigliath, the southron stiffened and motioned for him to be quiet. A few seconds later the haradrim came back with elgalad. Then after yelling at one of the haradrim, urbog, it walked up to eltlas and said, "Lets move out". Eltlas nodded and got up, Gagnut grabbed his hammer and stood up, the remaining haradrim, around 10 after Zurbog rode off with his, mounted up and they headed off. Tuilin was put on a horse behind Hareth and in front of Eltlas. He knew he couldn’t try anything, and hadn’t quite figured our what he was going to do.

Eltlas was tired of all the yelling but was glad they were finally getting a move on. The elves horses were tethered to haradrims horses, and they got on their way.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:05 pm
Hareth proceeded before the band towards the crossroads. Seeing something ahead, he stopped. Fitting an arrow to his bowstring, Hareth advanced. A man stepped out into the open.

"A ranger," thought Hareth. Turning to the right, he saw two other rangers were near him. Fitting an arrow to his string, he released it into the first man’s throat, where he fell without a cry. Nocking another arrow, Hareth released it into the second man, who fell pierced through the heart. The third man, seeing his two comrades dead, assumed a defensive position, guarding against the direction of the arrow. He was hit from behind by Hareth and knocked to the ground.

"Who are you and where do you come from?" demanded Hareth. Seeing no response, Hareth pushed a knife against the man’s throat. The man winced, and then regained his composure and remained silent. "You are a brave man, but bravery will not save you today," Hareth said as he drew the knife against the man’s throat.

Hareth crept back to the party, who had halted when they saw him draw his bow. "Three rangers are now dead. All the less for Zurbog to worry about."

Hareth led the band to the crossroads, where they set up camp and waited for Zurbog.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Gagnut
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:00 pm
Gagnut was beginning to dislike Hareth, all the killings and backstabbings. It just wasn’t Gagnut’s style, in Gagnut’s opinion Hareth was a coward that happened to be a very skilled assassin. "But then again", Gagnut thought, "What would I call an assassin?".

"So Hareth", Gagnut said to the man, "Do you have a plan for the battle to come?"
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:38 am
Hareth turned to Gagnut. "Battle? Yes...we will try to avoid battle until our mission is accomplished. But if we come across any enemies, we will of course destroy them."

Hareth then stared off silently into the fire, brooding over his vengeance against Rohan. Curse Eomer of Rohan! It had been a company of his men that had alerted the elf, and Aragorn of Gondor’s men who had wrought such devastation. Should he kill the accursed King of Gondor as well?

No. Hareth pushed the thought out of his mind. Aragorn’s subjects had been simply trying to defende the accursed horse-lords. It was the fault of the horse-lords that this devastation was wrought. Sighing, Hareth stoked the fire and settled down to catch a few hours of precious sleep.

Eomer’s feeling of unease had grown over the past few days. What was stirring in the south? The behavior of Legolas, with his gift of foresight, caused him to be more restless.

Eomer was pacing in his throne room musing over these things, and then when outside to the portico where he was sure Legolas would be. Eomer found his friend staring off into the distance. Legolas remained motionless for a few moments, and then said, "It is complete. What evil have you released, Harad?"

A feeling of despair crept over Eomer. In all his wars he had not felt like this. Before the forces of Mordor, he had not faltered. But then, he was just another soldier. This was different. He sensed an evil that sought to devour him.

Eomer turned, and walked back into the throne room.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:21 pm
"You need to be more driven Hareth" Gagnut said, "A sign of strong character in a young troll is if it can hold a grudge, there was a member of my clan who stole my hammer, I gave him a beating and haven’t spoken to him in more than 20 years, vengeance is the driving force in our lives, we’re great role models"

Gagnut wasn’t sure if his little speach had his desired effect, Hareth must have been deep in thought, because he was just blankly staring at Gagnut.

Gagnut had just got a patch for the eye that had been gouged out by the eelven arrow, it was a thick strip of iron sewed around his eye. Gagnut thought it was beautiful, most people thought it was strange. Gagnut had also had the arrow wounds stiched. His pierced armor mended, and he was ready for the next battle, and he hoped that it would come soon.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing