LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:36 pm
Hareth stormed off in a rage. Of course the elf wouldn’t help. And of course the elf was hiding something. He had no instruments of torture with him, so there was no proper way to extricate the information necessary, so Hareth decided that he would have to drop it.

"Double watch tonight. We can’t have that Tuilin snooping around. And we can’t rely on those Haradrim, so we have to keep watch as well. Eltlas! You take first watch. I’ll take the second, Zurbog the third, Gagnut, the fourth."

With that. Hareth threw himself on the ground until his watch.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
shieldelf
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:58 pm
When it was Zurbog’s turn to watch Elgalad, he got talking. Elgalad seemed like a nice elf to him. "So, why are you out here?" Elgalad had asked him. Zurbog bit his lip and said, "Um, I can’t tell you."
"Fine with me." Elgalad said.
Things started to slow down, and Zurbog got bored. He fell into a state of semi-sleepiness. Elgalad used this time to cut the ropes around his feet and wrists with Zurbogs knife, then slipped the knife back into its sheath. When the guards were changed, Elgalad took the chance and ran, hoping to find Tuilin before he got caught.
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:42 pm
Gagnut was just coming in for his watch when he saw the elf slipping away. Gagnut tried to follow stealthy, but being a troll, Elegad could have heard him a mile away, so the elf ran.

"Escape" Gagnut shouted, "The prisioner is escaping". Gagnut started at a full run, Gagnut was fast for a troll, but not for an elf, his only chance for capturing the elf was either to hope that the others had heard him, or using the only projectile he had, his Hammer.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:16 pm
Hareth sprang to his feet.

"Escaped?!?!? WHOSE WATCH WAS IT?!?!?!"

Calming himself, Hareth realized that it didn’t matter who let him loose, the important thing was to find the elf.

"Everyone mount at once! Find the elf!"

Mounting, Hareth began to ride off in the direction of Gagnut.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin looked behind him. We was around 2 miles from the camp. “Wait”he thought. “That looks like someone running.” he turned his horse around and started trotting it towards the figure. Around 5 minutes later he confirmed that.
1. It was someone.
2. It was an elf, probably Elgalad
3. He was being pursued by one troll on foot, 10 haradrim, probably the hired mercenaries, on horse back and behind them Hareth and Eltlas probably, on foot.
Tuilin judged the distances and then kicked his horses sides. The horse immediately went into full gallop. Tuilin drew his bow. 3,000 ft to the haradrim 1750 to Elgalad. “This might be close.” He said to himself. 2000 ft. to the haradrim, 1075 to Elgalad. He estimated. He took out his bow and nocked an arrow. 800 ft. to the haradrim, 350 to Elgalad. “Well I am going to make it but it will be close.” He kept going. 200 more feet of riding and he was only 450 ft. from the haradrim. “That should work” he said, and fired his arrow. The lead haradrim tumbled with the projectile in his throat. Elgalad was in front of him, and nimbly jumped onto the horse. Elgalad landed in front of Tuilin and spun the horse around, while Tuilin took the read and fired another arrow. Another haradrim fell. The started cantering off, resting the horse a bit. A haradrim fell an arrow in his side.

Elgalad smiled, he was going to get away! He heard a slight thunk behind him. “Tuilin?” he said quizzically. He looked behind him, Tuilin lay on the ground, an arrow in his side around 75 feet away, the haradrim were only 200 feet away Tuilin yelled “Leave me, Go warn Eomer they plan to kill him!” Elgalad spun the horse around and galloped off leaving Tuilin to his fate.

Tuilin pulled himself up, the haradrim were 5 seconds away. His side was hurting, but he reckoned he could still fir e his bow. There were still8 haradrim, and a little more thenminute behind them another 2 and a troll. “Joy.” he said flatly as he shot another haradrim off its horse. Then they were on him. 2 rode at him from either side, lances aimed at his chest. He ducked down, feeling one of them scrape off his shoulder leather. He jumped up on the rear of a horse, and decapitated its rider, he was urging it on when a thrown spear ended its life and sent him hurtling through the air. He hit the ground hard and rolled coming up with more bruises and cuts his bow had fallen and was 15 feet away from him, he ran and grabbed it up, slaying another haradrim with a deftly thrown knife, then all of a sudden they were all around him. The troll and other haradrim were still at least a minute off. The encounter had taken only 15 seconds. He put his bow back in his quiver, the haradrim relaxed, they thought there was no way he could get away now. Then he charged slipped through a gap and started running casting off his armor as he did. Obviously the haradrim had never seen the fleet and light footedness of an elf demonstrated before. Before they could turn their horses to chase them he had run over 200 feet away. They were about to go after him when Eltlas walked up with Hareth and Gagnut. “You won’t catch him, those first few second were crucial, you lost them, and thus the elf” Hareth stormed “whose watch was it when Elgalad escaped? “One of the haradrim pointed to the headless corpse. Hareth said “Well there is one things those elves are good for, saves me the trouble. Pack up we need to get to Rohan with all possible speed.”
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gagnut
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:58 pm
Gagnut disregarded Hareth’s orders, he pushed a Haradrim off of it’s horse, the horse turned it’s head to see a 600 Pound beast attepting to mount it, the sight was strange, but Gagnut was somehow able to ride the horse, closing the gap between the troll, and the elf, Gagnut was almost upon the fleeing elf, his hammer raised for the kill. Then the horse’s legs buckled, instantly killing the horse. That was the good news for Tulin, the bad news was that Gagnut was flung in front of Tulin, he had lost his hammer, but he attempted to grap Tulin. Tulin dodged just in time and continued to flee, hoping a friend would come in his time of dire need.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:31 am
Hareth rode up to Gagnut.

"Haradrim, continue the pursuit!" he shouted, though he knew all hope of catching the elf was gone.

Hareth paused to make sure Gagnut was okay. Seeing that he was all right, Hareth continued his pursuit. But by the time he overtook the party of Haradrim, Tuilin was gone.

"Everyone get back to camp!" Hareth yelled. "It was a stupid idea to capture those elves anyway! We head north towards Rohan at the fastest rate possible! Northwest, through the mountains. On the other side of that range is Rohan, the realm of the accursed horse-lords."

Turning to his co-conspirators, Hareth said, "Zurbog, Eltlas, Gagnut, we need to advance with as much haste as possible. If any of the Haradrim feel they are not up to the challenge, leave them. I want three picked Haradrim to travel with us. Pick the fastest and most cunning. We leave in an hour."
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:46 pm
On the other side of the mountain, in Edoras, Eomer rose and immediately the next morning and called a meeting of his most trusted advisers.

In the Golden Hall sat the king’s most trusted advisors. To his right sat Gamling, one of Rohan’s oldest and wisest captains. To his left sat Faramir, the Steward of Gondor, who had long been in Eomer’s confidence due in part to his marriage to Eowyn and was now visiting the King from Ithilien. Next to Faramir sat Eowyn, and guarding the door was Haleth, the son of Hama, chief of Eomer’s bodyguards. Legolas, the Prince of Mirkwood, was also present, having become a friend of Eomer’s during his travels with the Fellowship of the Ring.

Eomer rose, "An evil is falling over Rohan," he said, "one that aims to consume its king. A great feeling of unease has crept over me. We have not heard from the company sent a fortnight ago into Harad. It is safe to assume that Harad has risen in rebellion."

"But that is not all. My friend, Legolas of Mirkwood, has informed me that there is a grave threat to Rohan in particular stretching towards us. The question is what is this threat? And how large is it? Shall we summon Gondor to our aid, or can we handle this threat ourself?"

Legolas spoke first. "The defense of the free lands of Middle Earth is our first and formost priority. Send to Gondor, King Eomer. Gondor will answer and protect Rohan from this grave threat."

Gamling spoke next. ""If we call upon Gondor, Gondor most assuredly will answer. However, we must not be rash. Suppose that we summon Gondor only to find that this threat was small or even non-existant? Our credibility with Gondor will be shaken."

"Therefore, I counsel that we send scouts forth to scout the area towards this threat, if possible, eradicate it, if not, return to us and inform us as to the size of this threat and from thence we shall plot our course of action."

All the counsel, save Legolas, agreed to this. The counsel then dismissed.

Gamling walked to the Tower of Edoras, "Muster the Rohirrim," he commanded. The alarm bells sounded throughout Edoras and the Rohirrim lined up outside the city. Gamling picked several trained bands of 10 Rohirrim each to patrol the southern border of Rohan and returned to the Golden Hall.

"The bands have been sent, King Eomer"

Heading to the stables, Legolas summoned the Captain of the King’s Stables. "Give me your swiftest steed, I have urgent business with Gondor."

"Yes sir," the Captain said, "our fastest steed is Shadowfax, but none have been able to ride him since the passing of the White Wizard."

"Nonetheless, I shall ride him," replied Legolas. Walking to Shadowfax, Legolas mounted him and whispered a few words to him in elvish. Shadowfax took off like lightning towards Gondor.

Haleth summoned the King’s Bodyguards. "A grave threat arises that seeks to devour the King of Rohan. Double your watch on the King!"

Faramir stood outside the Golden Hall and saw the Rohirrim depart. Soon aterwards, he saw a band of rangers ride in towards Edoras. Mounting, Faramir went out to meet them.

Their captain began to speak. "We were ambushed by a party of Haradrim in Ithilien. Tell the king that the deputation from Rohan and Gondor was ambushed and the Haradrim invaded Ithilien. War has come!"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin was very tired. He could see ithilien in the distance but he knew he needed to rest, he had some water and food with him, but not much. he had escaped from the haradrim, but he needed to find Elgalad, he started a small fire, and ate a bit then he went about 25 feet away from the fire and went to sleep.
Eltlas knew the Hareth was angry, they were setting off with 5 other haradrim (hareth had decided they would need that many) and were walking through the night. Eltlas knew it would take them at least a week of travel and they would have to get past ithilien, they were resting the horses hoping to reach ithilien at first light they would rest outside of it, and in the evening gallop as fast as they could towards rohan.

Tuilin woke up. He didn’t move looking around with his eyes, not his head. Then he saw them 3 thugs moving around the campfire looking carefully. They hadn’t seen him yet, Tuilin as quietly as possible slipped his bow out, he pulled an arrow out, it caught for a moment making a small noise, immediately 3 heads turned his way. They hadn’t found him yet but knew his general location. He released the arrow. One of them fell the other 2 charged, He leapt at them, CRACK he brought his bow down on the nearest ones skull, his fist connected with the others stomach, which was surprisingly un-muscled and plump. He spun around and drove his foot until it. A few seconds later both of them were out cold. He tied them up with their own rope, tossed their weapons in his fire, after rekindaling it and continued on his way, of course after taking their food and most of their water. he knew that was almost a death sentence, but as fat as they were, they had no business robbing travelers, the nearest town wasn’t far away anyway...and they could use a lesson in manners.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing