LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Vile Pit?

5 (best)  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
Cobra
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:23 pm

Hm, very interesting. Once per Shadow phase, you can toss two Uruk-hai cards in hand to play a minion from your discard pile. That’s not particularly efficient, but you nevNOLINKer know when it might come in handy, turning a good Shadow hand into a great one by retrieving just the right minion for the situation. The regroup ability, discarding the possession (for shame, Decipher Shame on you) to take a minion from play back into hand, is also a nice touch and helps make up for the trouble of playing this card.

In the end I think Vile Pit is a pretty decent card, but I can’t rate it higher than a 3. Uruk Hunters already have a lot of strong options available to them (now more than ever, with Rise of Saruman bringing bonuses for site control), and I just don’t think Vile Pit will make the cut. It’s definitely worth testing though, so all you Uruk-hai Uruk-hai players have an open invitation to prove me wrong. Wink
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:27 pm
The one thing I found interesting was that you could actually use the first ability multiple times in a turn, as long as you were playing multiplayer.

Unfortunately, it’s a high cost condition, and using the regroup ability is sure to clog your hand. I doubt that it’ll make its way into my Hunter deck; it’s packed full of good cards as it is, and RoS has more cards I’d like to add.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:53 pm
Now I can bring Mauhur back over and over!

Great Card! All the great minions of a Uruk-hai hunter deck can now be brought back as needed! 5.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i wonder, is it supposed to be a condition or a possession?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:40 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Not a bad card. I think there are decks where it wouldn’t hurt to throw one or two in, especially with unique Uruks (or Saruman) that you want to get back pretty easily. Probably would get a 4, but I’m going to a 3 as punishment for that sloppy, rushed mistake. Come on, Decipher. That’s just BAD missing that possession/condition thing. Jeebus.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:20 pm
Pretty sweet; como this beast with Saruman, Curunir to retrieve him over and over! Cool
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:39 am
Actually...no. Saruman, Curunir is not a hunter. Sorry.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
LeoKula
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:26 am
I give this card a 5 because it’s a common and I’d easily put 1 on my uruk hunter deck, because I need to discard the extras With All Possible Speed since it’s unique, and I can discard also lame uruk hunters to bring back the good ones for the situation... the regroup ability is also useful.

I wonder how low can decipher go, and in my opinion it’s already a shame that there are so many text mistakes and amibuous expressions. This makes me wonder if there will ever be treachery and deceit and yet a sixth lotr tcg block...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion