LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Ransom
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:45 pm
--- description ---
Starting Fellowship
Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
Alcarin Warrior of Lamedon
Knight of Dol Amroth

Fellowship:
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor x2
Garrison of Gondor x2
Elendil, The Tall x2
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath
Fourth Level x 4
Sixth Level x 2
Citadel of the Stars
Scroll of Isildur
Sapling of the White Tree
Garrison of Osgilliath x2
Knights Spear x3
Flaming Brand
Knife of the Galladrim
War Must Be
Great Gate
Knights Mount x3
Athelas x3
Shards of Narsil
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Anduril, Kings Blade
Blade of Gondor
Aragorn’s Bow

--- end description ---

Starting Fellowship
Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
Alcarin Warrior of Lamedon
Knight of Dol Amroth

Fellowship:
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor x2
Garrison of Gondor x2
Elendil, The Tall x2
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath
Fourth Level x 4
Sixth Level x 2
Citadel of the Stars
Scroll of Isildur
Sapling of the White Tree
Garrison of Osgilliath x2
Knights Spear x3
Flaming Brand
Knife of the Galladrim
War Must Be
Great Gate
Knights Mount x3
Athelas x3
Shards of Narsil
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Anduril, Kings Blade
Blade of Gondor
Aragorn’s Bow

This deck revolves around the fourth level and the knights mounts. It exausts minions with 4th level and then kills them off through Blade of Gondor, Knights mount, Citadel of the Stars, etc. It kills off most of the minions which allows you to move on as long as the game allows.
If you have any suggestions for how to improve it, let me know.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:40 pm
I’m gonna take a stab here and suspect that Daniel Snow is on the forums. Especially since your looking for 3x DDotR. Either that, or you run a deck exactly identical to his...I mean exactly...and are looking for the same cards...

Anyway, this deck kills. I know for a fact. Houses of Healing would be a good addition, and it would also allow you to run seventh level.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you have Garrison of gondor listed twice. I would replace Knight of DA with Ingold, with 2 sixth levels, every turn you get a fortification back, and can heal him up your next fellowship phase! Anduril kings balde is worthless, either use FOTW(if you can get it) or just a rangers sword or generic weapon. Shards of narsil I think you could toss, except you do have a lot of unique weapons. You need gondor bows, bad. get 4 or at least 2. They work a lot better then knights mounts and such.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:18 am
You also need 4x Knife of the Galadhrim, I mean, you have fourth level, now finish them off with a knife. I have an extra now that I’m going for an IB deck...

What am I saying, I must be crazy suggesting how to make your deck unkillable when I’m the one playing it Confused Oh well...Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath would be nice (the knight that allows you to reveal the top 10 cards from your draw deck when you play him and play a knight revealed)...maybe Denethor, Steward of the City
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
You also need 4x Knife of the Galadhrim, I mean, you have fourth level, now finish them off with a knife. I have an extra now that I’m going for an IB deck...

What am I saying, I must be crazy suggesting how to make your deck unkillable when I’m the one playing it Confused Oh well...Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath would be nice (the knight that allows you to reveal the top 10 cards from your draw deck when you play him and play a knight revealed)...maybe Denethor, Steward of the City

personally I think that many knives would be overkill. CoTS costs just as much, and can be replayed with 6th level. Faramir would be an idea, but no necessary.
and not to contradict everything you say but, IMO unless denethor is in your starting fellowship he is useless, because you will get companions before him, and by the time you get him out, the minion side might be set up well enough to take advantage of his penalty text.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:50 pm
Well...Denethor instead of Knight of DA or Ingold in starting would be a help. He’s also stronger...and he does need at least an extra knife. I have played his deck, and I’m teling you he needs Faramir. Period. We were at site 5 when we had to disband, and he hadn’t drawn a single companion. 4x Faramir would help...

Oh, then you could turn the deck into a noble leaders deck. Noble Leaders, Stewards Legacy, even King’s Legacy would all fit.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:08 pm
IDK 36 is getting large. oh he already has one knife, and if you start denethor, you can’t start alcarin. So IMO either start Alcarin and ingold, or Denethor and Ingold. his choice. He needs to choose either noble leader’s or knights. He could add a faramir, but personally I think with 36 cards, if he adds a little more, he will have to cut to.
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:14 pm
Why would he need to choose Noble Leaders or Knights? He could run with both. Aragorn is a knight, Boromir is a Knight, Denethor gives bonuses to Knights, Faramir’s a knight, h’s trying to get the Elendil Knight, he has the Isildur RB, he could run Noble Leaders, Steward’s Legacy, and King’s Legacy with Knights. And it would work.
Ransom
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:51 pm
I’ve switched out the knight of Dol Amroth to Ingold and Boromir and his stuff have been cut entirely. I agree that an extra knife would be handy but first of all, I don’t have one and secondly the Citadel of the Stars works better and I am trading for more copies of that. I’m somewhat loath to add any thing. The deck is down to 30 cards now and I’d like to keep it that way.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:57 pm
Wait a minute, you cut Boromir? I though you used him for sixth level stuff...Smile. Okay, if you don’t want Noble Leaders, I got a card called King’s Legacy you can’t say no to. Wink It’ll help Isildur fight as well...only two exertions now...(essentially). Or, you can heal an opponent’s enduring man...if there is such a thing.

BTW, if an extra knife would be handy, I got one I don’t need...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open