LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:17 am
As a reminder, this is part of the first of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Ring - 2
Dwarven - 58
Elven - 27
Gandalf - 38
Gollum - 21
Orc - 68
Sauron - 28
Shire - 36
White - 22

White • Across the Water 3
Dwelling. Each time a Free Peoples event is played, the Free Peoples player may spot Bilbo (or 2 Shire companions) to draw a card.
H1 U 278

White • Beorn’s House 2
Dwelling. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may spot 2 Gandalf companions (or Beorn) to draw a card.
H1 C 279

White • Blue Mountain Homestead 3
Mountain. Dwelling. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert 2 Dwarves to play a Dwarven condition from your draw deck.
H1 U 280

White • Bywater 2
Dwelling. The first companion played to this site each fellowship phase is twilight cost -2.
H1 C 281

White • Carrock 3
Unless in region 1, at the start of the fellowship phase, you may discard a Gandalf companion to play a Gandalf companion from your draw deck.
H1 U 282

White • Enchanted Stream 0
Forest. River. If the fellowship moves from this site during the regroup phase, the first Shadow player may Lock a companion until the end of the turn.
H1 U 283

White • Forest-Gate 2
Forest. When the fellowship moves to this site, add a threat (or 2 if you can spot a minion).
H1 C 284

White • Goblin-Town 2
Underground. At the start of the Shadow phase, you may remove a threat to play an Orc Orc from your discard pile.
H1 285

White • Goblin Tunnels 2
Underground. Shadow: Discard an Orc minion to take an Orc event or Orc condition into hand from your discard pile.
H1 286

White • Gollum’s Pool 2
Underground. Lake. At the start of the maneuver phase, each Shadow player may spot Gollum to take a Gollum riddle into hand from their draw deck.
H1 287

White • High Pass 1
Mountain. When the fellowship moves from this site during the regroup phase, the first Shadow player may spot a Giant to exert each companion.
H1 288

White • House of Elrond 0
Dwelling. When the fellowship moves to this site in the regroup phase, you may add [X] to heal X companions (limit 3).
H1 C 289

White • Lone-Lands 1
Until the end of the game, this site cannot be replaced and cannot be stacked. While the fellowship is at this site, the Free Peoples player may not play the next site.
H1 C 290

White • Lower Gate 1
Underground. If the fellowship moves from this site in region 2, the Free Peoples player must exert each companion with 4 or more vitality.
H1 291

White • Main Gate 0
Mountain. Underground. Each Orc Orc gains ambush 1.
H1 292

White • Mirkwood Depths 0
Forest. When the fellowship moves to this site, spot a Spider (or 6 companions) to add 1 for each Free Peoples possession.
H1 C 293

White • The Great River 1
River. Cards cannot be played from draw decks or discard piles.
H1 U 294

White • The Great Shelf 2
Mountain. Each unwinged character is strength -1.
H1 U 295

White • The Hill 3
Dwelling. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a Hobbit to take a Shire event into hand from your draw deck.
H1 C 296

White • The Trollshaws 0
Forest. Each Troll’s twilight cost is -2.
H1 U 297

White • Valley of Rivendell 3
Forest. River. When the fellowship moves to this site, each minion must exert.
H1 C 298

White • Warg Country 0
Each Warg is fierce.
H1 U 299

White • Wilderland 2
Exhausted characters cannot be discarded (except in the regroup phase).
H1 U 300

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:15 pm; edited 11 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:21 am
Make the companion twilight cost -2, 4 is way too good.

And make it exert 1 dwarf as thats what Barazinbar does.

Apart from that Thumbs Up
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:47 pm
Okay, now we’re onto the road to Rivendell, as well as Imladris itself.

White • The Trollshaws 0
H1 U 297

White • Lone-Lands 1
Until the end of the game, this site cannot be replaced and cannot be stacked. While the fellowship is at this site, the Free Peoples player may not play the next site.
H1 C 290

White • Valley of Rivendell 3
H1 C 298

Dwelling. When the fellowship moves to this site in the regroup phase, you may add [X] to heal X companions (limit 3).
H1 C 289

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:09 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Okay, now we’re onto the road to Rivendell, as well as Imladris itself.

White • The Trollshaws 0
H1 U 297
nice

White • Lone-Lands 1
Until the end of the game, this card cannot be replaced and cannot be stacked. While the fellowship is at this site, the Free Peoples player may not play the next site.
H1 C 290
nice

White • Valley of Rivendell 2
H1 C 298
make it cost 3

Dwelling. When the fellowship moves to this site in the regroup phase, you may heal up to 3 companions adding 1 for each.
H1 C 289

Thranduil

make it cost 2, it should be you may add X to heal X companions, limit 3
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:28 am
Thranduil wrote:

White • The Trollshaws 0
H1 U 297

Wow powerful. Works with any troll.

White • Lone-Lands 1
Until the end of the game, this card cannot be replaced and cannot be stacked. While the fellowship is at this site, the Free Peoples player may not play the next site.
H1 C 290

How would you stack a site? Apart from that its cool.

H1 C 298

Ok cool.

Dwelling. When the fellowship moves to this site in the regroup phase, you may heal up to 3 companions adding 1 for each.
H1 C 289

Odd phrasing but seems the only way to do it.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:25 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
White • The Trollshaws 0
H1 U 297

Good stuff. Very similiar to one of mine, actually. VERY similar.

Thranduil wrote:
White • Lone-Lands 1
H1 C 290

I think it should say "...this site cannot be replaced....". And what’s this about stacking a site? Think

Thranduil wrote:
H1 C 298

Yeah, 3 is probably better. Awesome double-move site.

Thranduil wrote:
H1 C 289

ALSO an awesome double-move site. I think it might be better to reword it "...you may add (X) (limit 3) to heal X companions."
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:51 pm
Thanks guys, I’ve made some recommended changes.

Site stacking, however, is a story for another time...

As sites generally make for easy reviewing, here is a reasonably large bunch representing Bilbo’s road through the Misty Mountains:

White • High Pass 1
Mountain. When the fellowship moves from this site during the regroup phase, the first Shadow player may spot a Giant to exert each companion.

White • Main Gate 0

White • Goblin Tunnels 2
Underground. Shadow: Discard an Orc minion to take an Orc event or Orc condition into hand from your discard pile.

White • Goblin-Town 2
Underground. At the start of the Shadow phase, you may remove a threat to play an Orc Orc from your discard pile.

White • Gollum’s Pool 2
Underground. Lake. At the start of the maneuver phase, each Shadow player may spot Gollum to take a Gollum riddle into hand from their draw deck.

White • Lower Gate 1
Underground. If the fellowship moves from this site in region 2, the Free Peoples player must exert each companion with 4 or more vitality.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if there’s any theory behind the way the multi-player arrows go on sites?

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:53 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:22 am
Thranduil wrote:

White • High Pass 1

Fair enough.

White • Main Gate 0

Wow nasty.

White • Goblin Tunnels 2

Interesting. Maybe should cost 1.

White • Goblin-Town 1
Underground. Shadow: Remove 2 threats to play an Orc Orc from your discard pile.

Id make this at the start of the shadow phase not a shadow action. Using the black land guys you could abuse this horrifically.

White • Gollum’s Pool 2

Cool.

White • Lower Gate 2
Underground. If the fellowship moves from this site in region 2, the Free Peoples player must exhaust a companion with 3 or more vitality.

Ouch nasty.

Just out of interesdt, does anyone know if there’s any theory behind the way the multi-player arrows go on sites?

I dont know of one.

Thranduil
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:48 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
White • High Pass 1

Works.

Thranduil wrote:
White • Main Gate 0

"1" should be "1", methinks. But not bad.

Thranduil wrote:
White • Goblin Tunnels 2

Pretty darn cool.

Thranduil wrote:
White • Goblin-Town 1
Underground. Shadow: Remove 2 threats to play an Orc Orc from your discard pile.

Agreed on lem0n’s suggestion. You might be able to raise the shadow number to 2 then.

Thranduil wrote:
White • Gollum’s Pool 2

Good.

Thranduil wrote:
White • Lower Gate 2
Underground. If the fellowship moves from this site in region 2, the Free Peoples player must exhaust a companion with 3 or more vitality.

Ouch! I’d raise the number to 3 and limit that text to moving during the regroup phase. OR you could just exert each companion with more than 3 vitality.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:03 am
Hadn’t thought about the black land guys, good point.

I’ve ’tweaked’ Lower Gate around a bit, let me know if you like it (mostly following DI’s suggestion).

Now we move over the Misty Mountains to Rhovanion:

White • Wilderland 2
Exhausted characters cannot be discarded (except in the regroup phase).
H1 U 300

White • Warg Country 0
Each Warg is fierce.
H1 U 299

White • The Great Shelf 2
Mountain. Each unwinged character is strength -1.
H1 U 295

White • Carrock 3
Unless in region 1, at the start of the fellowship phase, you may discard a Gandalf companion to play a Gandalf companion from your draw deck.
H1 U 282

And here’s a reprint (an accidental one, actually: I wanted to make a site with this title and had forgotten that there was already one, so I just reused the text as well!)

White • The Great River 1
River. Cards cannot be played from draw decks or discard piles.
H1 U 294

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards