LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:02 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
With AC getting the DC Set Index up (for he’s a jolly good fellow!), I thought it would be a good time to start keeping track of cards already posted in my Duos. They’ve all been from my set Lasting Alliances thus far, so as I finish a thread of Duos, I’ll post all the cards from that thread here.

Lasting Alliances is the first of my five sets that make up the collection Wars of the Ring, the others being: The Road Ahead, focused on The Fellowship of the Ring; The Way Into Mordor, focused on The Two Towers; The End Of All Things, originally my final set, focused on Return of the King; and my newest set The Third Age, a Reflections-style set focused on the game LOTR: The Third Age and other events from the time of Frodo’s journey that weren’t in the forefront of the books or movies, as well as a return to some of the material from Lasting Alliances.

This set, Lasting Alliances, will be one of my most unique. It focuses on two chief events in Middle-Earth: the Quest of Erebor as detailed in The Hobbit, and the events during the Last Alliance of Elves of Men at the end of the Second Age. It introduces several new aspects to the game that will be further expanded on in my other sets:

- A new culture based around Mirkwood (represented by the Green culture icon for the time being). Much like the Gollum culture, Green has both Free Peoples and Shadow cards. The FP side is focused chiefly on the Wood-Elves--making Green a second Elven culture--with small slices taken for other characters like Beorn and the Great Eagles. The Shadow side has two subcultures: the Great Spiders (more than you can shake a glowing Elvish knife at!), and the Orcs (and Nazgûl) of Dol Guldur.

- Two additional subcultures: an expanded subculture for Gandalf Men, focused on the Men of Laketown and Dale, and an Orc subculture based around Smaug and his desolation. Three certain Trolls also add a new flair to the Orc culture and bring some new tricks of their own.

- A new unbound keyword, riddle, as well as a grand return of all-but-abandoned keywords like tale, weather, and tracker.

- An all-new strategy of capturing and rescuing characters on both the Free Peoples and Shadow side, working much like capturing and liberating sites.

- Dual-character cards, where two characters share the same card. They work together, fight together, and things go wrong, die together.

- Two new signets (remember those?): Elrond and Thorin. Signets have a big impact again in my sets, though resistance is still around as well.

- An all-new sitepath based on the path taken by Thorin’s Company in The Hobbit.

- Three different Ring-bearers to choose from, each from a different culture.

Needless to say, there’s a lot to see in Lasting Alliances, which is why there’s also so many cards. This should, by far, be the largest of my five sets. Here’s the break-down:

570 Cards:
Ring The One Ring:
Dwarven Dwarves: 72
Elven Elves: 27
Gandalf Gandalf: 63
Gollum Gollum (FP): 7
Gollum Gollum (Shadow): 21
Gondor Gondor: 32
Green Mirkwood (FP): 59
Green Mirkwood (Shadow): 58
Moria Moria: 58
Orc Orc: 59
Rohan Rohan: 16
Shire Shire: 31
Sauron Sauron: 3
Sites: 62

The number of cards will only increase as a I flesh things out; the current list is of completed cards, so as you can see, I’m getting close to being done with this set. If it gets much bigger, I may split it into two sets...or perhaps even if it doesn’t get bigger. Razz

The One Ring, Birthday-Present Ring
Strength +1
Vitality +1
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take any number of wounds, add two burdens or a burden and a threat to prevent all wounds to the Ring-bearer until the end of the current phase.
Skirmish: Add a burden to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“‘That’s what we wants now, yes; we wants it! My birthday-present! It came to me on my birthday, my precious....’”

The One Ring, Magic Ring Ring
Strength +1
Resistance +1
While wearing The One Ring, the twilight cost of each stealth card of the Ring-bearer’s culture and each search card is -1, and each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Maneuver: Add a threat or exert bearer to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“They could not find Bilbo with the ring on, slipping in and out of the shadow of the trees, running quick and quiet....”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:03 pm; edited 24 times in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:12 pm
From Duos #2-7 AND #189-216

4Thorin, Oakenshield Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Signet: Gandalf
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Dwarf and a non-Dwarf companion, Thorin’s twilight cost is -2.
Maneuver: Exert Thorin and spot X Free Peoples races (limit 4) to make X unbound companions strength +1 (or +2 if that companion has the Thorin signet) until the regroup phase. Limit once per turn.
“‘To me! To me! Elves and Men! To me! O my kinsfolk!’ he cried, and his voice shook like a horn in the valley.”
Starter

2A Chance Meeting Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time you play a Dwarf, spot Gandalf and another Dwarven tale to draw a card.
Each time you play a Dwarven tale, spot Gandalf and 2 Dwarves to draw a card.
“‘But on a time it chanced that he was passing through Eriador when he fell in with Thorin Oakenshield, and they talked together on the road....’”

1 A Desperate Venture Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Make a Dwarf skirmishing a unique minion strength +1 (limit +5) for each Dwarven tale you can spot.
“...they all began discussing dragon-slayings historical, dubious, and mythical, and the various sorts of stabs and jabs and undercuts, and the different arts, devices and stratagems by which they had been accomplished.”

0 A Kick and a Struggle Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Dwarf and exert 2 companions of different races to rescue a captured character of the same culture as one of those companions.
“Well, between them they started to haul up first one dwarf and then another and slash them free.”

3As Spoken of Old Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Dwarf, you may heal a Gandalf Man.
Each time you play a Gandalf Man, you may heal a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Spot a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man to take a Dwarven tale and a Gandalf tale into hand from your draw deck or discard pile. Discard this condition.
“‘I have come back. I wish to see the Master of your town!’”

1 At Your Service! Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot Thorin, Gandalf, or Bilbo to play a Dwarf from your draw deck (or spot Thorin and either Bilbo or Gandalf to play a Dwarf from your discard pile).
“‘At yours and your family’s!’”

3Balin, Son of Fundin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Vitality: 3
Signet: Thorin
While you can spot 3 Free Peoples races, Balin’s twilight cost is -1.
While you can spot another Dwarf and a Hobbit companion, Balin is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Balin and spot X Hobbit companions to make Balin strength +X (and damage +1 if you can spot a Ring-bound Hobbit).
“‘Balin at your service!’ he said with his hand on his breast.”

3Balin, Watch-man Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Muster.
While you can spot 3 Free Peoples races, Balin’s twilight cost is -1.
Response: If a Shadow player draws a card (except while reconciling), exert Balin to reveal that card. Then you may add a threat to place that card beneath that player’s draw deck.
“‘Well, it is the first time that even a mouse has crept along carefully and quietly under my very nose and not been spotted, and I take off my hood to you.’”

2Bifur, Dwarf of Moria Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Bifur is strength +1 for each minion in his skirmish.
At the start of the assignment phase, while Bifur is damage +X, you may exert him to make him defender +X (limit +2) until the regroup phase.
“...for Bifur and Bombur had given a lot of trouble, and fought like mad, as dwarves will when cornered.”

2Bofur, Dwarf of Moria Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Bofur may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
If a Shadow card is about to discard a Dwarven possession borne by another skirmishing companion, exert Bofur to prevent that.
“Only Bofur and Bombur were left behind to guard the ponies and such stores as they had brought with them from the river.”

2Bombur, Exceptionally Fat Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
While you can spot two other Dwarves, Bombur is strength +1.
Bombur takes no more than one wound during each archery phase and no more than two wounds during each skirmish phase.
While the fellowship is at a sanctuary, at the start of each regroup phase, you may heal a Dwarf.
“‘I would give a good deal for the feel of a strong drink in my throat, and for a soft bed after a good supper!’”

2Bombur, Unlucky Grumbler Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Bombur may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
If Bombur is about to be killed (except during the archery phase), you may add 2 threats or a burden to discard him instead.
Maneuver: Exert Bombur twice to discard a Shadow condition borne by an unbound companion.
“‘Why, O why did I ever bring a wretched little hobbit on a treasure hunt!’”

1 Bow of Horn Dwarven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Archery: If the Shadow has initiative, exert bearer or discard a card from hand to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit once per phase).
Archery: If you have initiative, exert bearer and discard a card from hand to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit once per phase).
“Then Thorin seized a bow of horn and shot an arrow at the speaker.”

2 Confusticate and Bebother These Dwarves! Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Dwarf, discard a Dwarven card from hand, and spot a non-Dwarf companion to take an event of that companion’s culture into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘Why don’t they come and lend a hand?’”

1Cup of Thrór Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Maneuver or Regroup: Discard this artifact to heal a Dwarf.
“...two-handed, hammered and carven with birds and flowers whose eyes and petals were of jewels....”

3Dáin Ironfoot, Dwarven Lord Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
While Dáin Ironfoot is unwounded, the twilight cost of each Dwarven tale and artifact is -1.
Skirmish: Exert Dáin Ironfoot and discard a Dwarven tale to make a Dwarf strength +1 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
“There now Dáin son of Náin took up his abode, and he became King under the Mountain, and in time many other dwarves gathered to his throne in the ancient halls.”

3Dáin Ironfoot, Son of Náin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Dáin Ironfoot is strength +1 for each Dwarven tale you can spot (limit +3).
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven tale to make each Dwarf damage +1 until the regroup phase. Limit once per turn.
“‘Let Dáin son of Náin come swifly to us!’”

2Days of Our Prosperity Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time you play another Dwarven tale or Dwarven artifact, add a Dwarven token here.
Maneuver: Remove 3 Dwarven tokens from here to heal a Dwarf (or remove 2 tokens to heal Thorin, Balin, or Dáin Ironfoot).
“From that the talk turned to the great hoard itself and to the things that Thorin and Balin remembered. They wondered if they were still lying there unharmed in the hall below....”

1 Deep-Throated Roar Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Spot a unique Dwarf to make a Dwarf strength +2 for each weapon he bears. If he bears more than one hand weapon, make him damage +1.
“With cries of ‘Moria!’ and ‘Dáin, Dáin!’ the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks, upon the other side....”

3Dori, Decent Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
While you can spot 2 Dwarves (or Nori), Dori’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: If Dori is not assigned to a skirmish, you may exert him to cancel a skirmish involving a Hobbit (except the Ring-bearer).
“‘Half a minute!’ said Dori, who was at the back next to Bilbo, and a decent fellow. He made the hobbit scramble on his shoulders....”

2Dwalin, Generous Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
When you play Dwalin, you may play a Dwarven possession from your draw deck.
Fellowship or Maneuver: Add 1 to transfer a possession borne by a Dwarf to another eligible companion (ignoring normal transferring cost).
“‘You will have to manage without pocket-handkerchiefs, and a good many other things, before you get to the journey’s end. As for a hat, I have got a spare hood and cloak in my luggage.’”

2Dwalin, Skeptical Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Muster.
When you play Dwalin, you may play a Dwarven possession from your draw deck.
Each time you play a stealth card, you may exert Dwalin to draw a card.
“‘Since he has got an invisible ring, and ought to be a specially excellent performer now, I am beginning to think he might go through the Front Gate and spy things out a bit!’”

0 Dwarf Cloak Dwarven
Possession • Cloak
To play, spot a Dwarf. Bearer must be a Dwarf or Hobbit.
Bearer may not have their strength reduced by weather conditions.
Response: If a weather card is about to make bearer exert, place no token for that exertion. Limit once per turn.
“...Bilbo was wearing a dark-green hood (a little weather-stained) and a dark-green cloak borrowed from Dwalin.”

2 Dwarf of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Resistance: 6
To play, spot a unique Dwarf.
While you can spot 3 Dwarves, you may play this companion any time you could play a maneuver event.
While bearing a hand weapon, this companion is damage +1.
“The dwarves are exceedingly strong for their height, but most of these were strong even for dwarves.”

0 Dwarven Knife Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
While bearer bears no other hand weapons, bearer is strength +1.
This weapon may not be discarded by Shadow cards.
“Then the battle began. Some of the dwarves had knives....”

1 Dwarven Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer bears no other weapons, bearer is strength +1 and damage +1.
“In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks....”

2 Dwarven Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf companion.
When you play this possession, you may play another Dwarven possession from hand; its twilight cost is -2.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling site, you may add 2 or remove a Dwarven token to heal bearer.
“They were on ponies, and each pony was slung about with all kinds of baggages, packages, parcels, and paraphernalia.”

0 Dwarven Short Sword Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Discard this weapon to wound a minion bearer is skirmishing (twice if that minion is an Orc or Uruk-hai). The Shadow player may remove X threats to prevent X of those wounds.
“...each of them had also a short broad sword at his side....”

2Farewell, King Under the Mountain! Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Dwarf is placed in the dead or discard pile, you may remove a burden.
Regroup: Discard this condition and place a unique Dwarf companion with X vitality in the dead pile to remove X burdens and heal the Ring-bearer (twice if the Ring-bearer is a Hobbit).
“‘I go now to the halls of waiting to sit beside my fathers, until the world is renewed. Since I leave now all gold and silver, and go where it is of little worth, I wish to part in friendship from you....’”

4 Fell or Fled Before Them Dwarven
Event • Assignment or Skirmish
Toil 1.
Exert Thorin 3 times (or 2 times if at a battleground) to make him or an unbound companion with the Thorin signet strength +4, damage +1, defender +1, and unable to take wounds until the regroup phase.
“Thorin wielded his axe with mighty strokes, and nothing seemed to harm him.”

5Fíli & Kíli, Of The Race of Durin Dwarven
Companions • Dwarves
Strength: 10
While you can spot Gandalf, Fíli & Kíli gain the Gandalf signet.
Each time the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, you may heal a Dwarf.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may exert Fíli & Kíli to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Dwarven card, you may add 1 to take it into your hand.
“‘We have found a dry cave, not far round the next corner; and ponies and all could get inside.’”

2Fíli, Sister-son of Thorin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Fíli is strength +1 for each wound on him.
Response: Each time a Shadow event is played, you may exert Fíli or discard a card from hand to reveal the top card of your draw deck and take it into your hand. If it is a Dwarven card, you may heal a Dwarf.
“‘Now make haste and let us have no more words, or your master may have something to say to you.’”

1 Gleamed Like Gold Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Choose one: Discard a possession borne by a Dwarf to play a possession of the same class from your hand or discard pile on that Dwarf; or discard X possessions (except weapons) borne by a Dwarf to make that Dwarf strength +2 for each possession discarded.
“Hood and cloak were gone; they were in shining armour, and red light leapt from their eyes.”

2Glóin, Follower of Thráin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may discard a Dwarven possession to heal an unbound companion.
Response: If a search card is played, exert Glóin and spot a Hobbit to cancel all effects of that card and place that event on top of its owner’s draw deck.
“‘It is all very well for Gandalf to talk about this hobbit being fierce, but one shriek like that in a moment of excitement would be enough to wake the dragon and all his relatives, and kill the lot of us.’”

2Glóin, Skilled Fire-starter Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
When you play Glóin (except in your starting fellowship), you may play a Tinder-box from your draw deck (ignoring cost and spotting requirements).
Maneuver: While at an underground or forest site, exert Glóin and add 1 (or spot 2 other unbound Dwarves) to heal a companion.
“‘...perhaps we can make a little light, and have a look round before the luck turns.’”

2 Great Raven Dwarven
Follower
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Aid – Discard a Dwarven card from hand or from play.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except a Dwarven companion, exert bearer.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may choose one: draw a card; or if the top card of your discard pile is a Dwarven card, take it into hand.
“‘There used to be great friendship between them and the people of Thrór; and they often brought us secret news, and were rewarded with such bright things as they coveted to hide in their dwellings.’”

1 Hauberk of Steel Mail Dwarven
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While you have initiative, bearer takes no more than one wound during each phase.
“Each one of his folk was clad in a hauberk of steel mail that hung to his knees, and his legs were covered with hose of a fine and flexible metal mesh, the secret of whose making was possessed by Dáin’s people.”

1 His Companions Followed Him Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Spot Thorin or Dáin Ironfoot and a threat to play a Dwarf. You may immediately assign that Dwarf to any skirmish involving a wounded companion.
“Suddenly there was a great shout, and from the Gate came a trumpet call. They had forgotten Thorin!”

1 Immensely Rich and Famous Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man.
Fellowship: Discard a Dwarven possession from play to play a Gandalf possession from your draw deck, or discard a Gandalf possession from play to play a Dwarven possession from your draw deck.
“‘Kings used to send for our smiths, and reward even the least skilful most richly. Fathers would beg us to take their sons as apprentices, and pay us handsomely, especially in food-supplies, which we never bothered to grow or find for ourselves.’”

2Kíli, Dwarf of the Blue Mountains Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Kíli may not take more than one wound (unless allowed by a Free Peoples card) or exert more than once each phase.
Response: If another Dwarf is about to take any number of wounds in a skirmish, you may apply those wounds to Kíli instead.
“Fíli and Kíli, however, who were young (for dwarves)...came out more or less smiling, with only a bruise or two and a stiffness that soon wore off.”

2Necklace of Girion Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarf or a Dwarven artifact.
Each time a Gandalf Man wins a skirmish, you may exert that Man to place a Gandalf token here.
At the start of each archery phase, you may remove a Gandalf token from here to make the fellowship archery total +1.
“...made of five hundred emeralds green as grass....”

3Nori, Of the Line of Durin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
While you can spot 2 Dwarves (or Dori), Nori’s twilight cost is -1.
Response: If an unbound companion is about to take a wound in a skirmish, exert Nori and another Dwarf to prevent that wound.
“‘You’ve left the burglar behind again....’”

2Óin, Son of Gróin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
While you can spot a Dwarf, Óin’s twilight cost is -1.
When you play Óin (except in your starting fellowship), you may play a Dwarven condition from your draw deck.
“Óin and Glóin wanted to light a fire at the door to dry their clothes....”

3 Old Burning Grudge Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Until the regroup phase, make a Dwarf (except the Ring-bearer) resistance +1 (limit +4) or strength +1 (limit +4) for each Dwarven card over 4 you can spot in the discard and dead piles.
“The embers in the heart of Thorin grew hot again, as he brooded on the wrongs of his House and of the vengeance upon the Dragon that was bequeathed to him. He thought of weapons and armies and alliances, as his great hammer rang in the forge....”

2Orcrist, Biter Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a unique Dwarf or unique Elf.
If bearer is Thorin, he is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to exert an Orc he or she is skirmishing (or wound that Orc if it is a Moria or Green Orc).
“They knew the sword at once. It had killed hundreds of goblins in its time, when the fair elves of Gondolin hunted them in the hills or did battle before their walls.....They hated it and hated worse any one that carried it.”

2Orcrist, Goblin-cleaver Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Thorin.
He is damage +1 and gains hunter 1.
Response: If Thorin wins a fierce skirmish, exert him twice (or once if you can spot an Orc in his skirmish) to discard a minion in that skirmish.
“‘I will keep this sword in honour. May it soon cleave goblins once again!’”

2Ori, Dwarf of Thorin’s Company Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
When played in your starting fellowship (or while you can spot 3 Dwarves), Ori’s twilight cost is -1.
“Gandalf whistled again; but Nori and Ori were there almost before he had stopped....”

2Quest of Erebor Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot 3 Dwarves and another Free Peoples race (except Elf).
Each time the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, you may remove 1 for each Dwarf companion you can spot (limit 4).
“‘I do not suppose that when it started Thorin had any real hope of destroying Smaug. There was no hope. Yet it happened.’”

2 Recovered His Dignity Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1.
Response: If another Dwarven card is about to be discarded, spot 3 Dwarves (or Thorin and another Dwarf) to take that card into your hand instead. Discard this condition.
“‘We cannot leave them. Get inside Mr. Baggins and Balin, and you too Fíli and Kíli-the dragon shan’t have all of us. Now you others, where are the ropes? Be quick!’”

0 Ring of Power Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer is wounded, bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact and exert bearer to make him damage +2 until the regroup phase.
“Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone....”

0Ring of Salubrity Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard a Dwarven card from hand to prevent that.
Regroup: Exert bearer twice and discard this artifact to heal each other Dwarven companion.
“‘But now, if we must go without the rewards and the weregilds that are owed to us, the sooner we return to our own lands the better pleased we shall be.’”

1Ring of Thrór, Last of The Seven Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance -1
Bearer must be Thráin or Thorin.
Bearer is strength +1 for each other Dwarven artifact you can spot (limit +3).
Each time bearer is about to take a wound, you may add a burden or 2 threats instead.
“Years after the Sack of Erebor, Thrór...gave to his son Thráin the one great treasure he still possessed, the last of the Seven Rings....”

3Roäc, Chief of the Great Ravens Dwarven
Follower
Strength +2
Resistance +1
Aid – Add a threat.
To play, spot 2 Dwarven cards.
Each time you transfer this to a Dwarf, you may heal that Dwarf.
“‘We are few, but we remember still the king that was of old. Most of my people are abroad, for there are great tidings in the South - some are tidings of joy to you, and some you will not think so good.’”

3Roäc, Son of Carc Dwarven
Follower
Strength +1
Resistance +2
Aid – Add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarven card and a Gandalf card.
Each time you transfer this to a Dwarf or Gandalf Man, you may heal that Dwarf or Man.
“‘We would see peace once more among dwarves and men and elves after the long desolation; but it may cost you dear in gold. I have spoken.’”

1 Round Shield Dwarven
Possession • Shield
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
The minion archery total is -1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and discard this possession to prevent all wounds to him until the regroup phase.
“...and a round shield slung at his back.”

2Sealed Entrance Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Fortification. To play, exert 2 Dwarf companions.
When you play this condition, place a Dwarven token here for each mountain and underground site you can spot (limit 3).
At the end of the assignment phase, you may discard this condition or remove 2 tokens from here to make each companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“So now they began to labour hard in fortifying the main entrance....”

4 Spear of King Bladorthin Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
To play, spot a Dwarven artifact or 2 Dwarves. Bearer must be a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
This artifact is twilight cost -1 for each Dwarven artifact you can spot (except rings).
While at a battleground, bearer is damage +1.
“...each had a thrice-forged head and their shafts were inlaid with cunning gold....”

2The Arkenstone, Heart of the Mountain Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarf.
The twilight cost of each other Dwarven artifact (except rings) is -1.
Each time you play a Dwarven artifact (including The Arkenstone), you may heal a Dwarf (twice if the fellowship is at a mountain).
“‘It was like a globe with a thousand facets; it shone like silver in the firelight, like water in the sun, like snow under the stars, like rain upon the Moon!’”

2The Arkenstone, Heirloom of Durin’s Folk Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Dwarven cards (or a Dwarven artifact).
When you play The Arkenstone, you may place a Dwarven token here for each of the following you can spot in the fellowship: Dwarf, Hobbit, Elf, Gandalf Man, Wizard.
Regroup: Remove 2 tokens from here (or remove one token and discard a Dwarven artifact) to remove a burden or a threat.
“‘This is the Arkenstone of Thráin, the Heart of the Mountain; and it is also the heart of Thorin. He values it above a river of gold.’”

2The Battle of Five Armies Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Plays only during the maneuver phase. To play, spot a Dwarf and five cultures.
While this condition is in your support area, at the start of each maneuver phase you may name three cultures. Until the regroup phase (or until you lose initiative), each time a card from any of those cultures is played, you may make that card’s twilight cost -1 or +1.
If you lose initiative, transfer this card to an opponent’s support area.
“So began a battle that none had expected...and it was very terrible.”

4Thorin, Descendant of Kings Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
While you can spot a companion with the Thorin signet, Thorin’s twilight cost is -1.
While the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, each Dwarf and companion with the Thorin signet gains hunter 1.
Each time you play a Dwarven tale, you may add 1 to heal a companion with the Thorin signet.
“‘I am Thorin son of Thráin son of Thrór King under the Mountain! I return!’”

4Thorin, King of Durin’s Folk Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
While you can spot a Dwarf, Thorin’s twilight cost is -1 (or -2 if that Dwarf has the Thorin signet).
Each other companion with the Thorin signet is twilight cost -1.
Skirmish: Exert Thorin twice to make each Dwarf damage +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘The king is come unto his hall / Under the Mountain dark and tall.’”

1Thorin’s Pipe Dwarven
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be Thorin.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed possession and spot X pipes to heal a companion with the Thorin signet X times (limit 2).
“He was blowing the most enormous smoke-rings, and wherever he told one to go, it went....”

1Thráin, Durin’s Heir Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
When you play Thráin, add a burden or 2 threats.
Maneuver: Add a burden to play a Dwarven artifact or tale from your discard pile. Limit twice per turn.
Response: Each time a Shadow event is played, you may exert Thráin or discard a Dwarven card from hand to reveal the top card of your draw deck and take it into hand. If it is a Dwarven card, you may heal a Dwarf.
“‘But surely my own kin will not desert me?’”

2Thráin’s Key, Small and Curious Dwarven
Artifact
Resistance +2
To play, spot a Dwarven artifact or 2 Dwarven tales. Bearer must be a unique Dwarf.
If bearer is Thráin or Thorin, the twilight cost of Thráin’s Key is -1.
Regroup: Discard Thráin’s Key to choose one: heal X Dwarves, where X is bearer’s vitality; remove 2 burdens; or make the move limit for this turn +1.
“...a key with a long barrel and intricate wards, made of silver.”

1Thrór’s Map, Plan of the Mountain Dwarven
Possession • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, spot 3 Dwarves to draw a card for each other Dwarven tale in your support area (limit 3).
“‘There is one point that you haven’t noticed, and that is the secret entrance.’”

2Thrush of Erebor, Keeper of Old Secrets Dwarven
Follower
Strength +2
Resistance +1
Aid – Add 1 and discard a Dwarven card from hand.
Each time you transfer this to a Dwarf, you may heal bearer or remove 1 (or both if bearer has the Thorin signet).
“‘The thrushes are good and friendly-this is a very old bird indeed, and is maybe the last left of the ancient breed that used to live about here, tame to the hands of my father and grandfather.’”

2Thrush of Erebor, Long-lived Messenger Gandalf
Follower
Strength +2
Resistance +1
Aid – Add 1 and discard a Gandalf card from hand.
Each time you transfer this to a Gandalf Man, you may heal bearer or remove a threat (or both if bearer is an archer).
“Unafraid it perched by his ear and it brought him news. Marvelling he found he could understand its tongue, for he was of the race of Dale.”

1 Tinder-box Dwarven
Possession • Box
Resistance +1
To play, spot 2 Dwarves. Bearer must be an unbound companion.
Fellowship: Discard this possession and add 2 to remove a burden.
Regroup: Discard this possession and add X threats to heal X companions.
“Dwarves have never taken to matches even yet.”

0 Wall of Stone Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Fortification. To play, spot 3 Dwarves (or 2 unique Dwarves).
The fellowship may not move to the next site.
Each companion takes no more than one wound in a skirmish. Each of your archers and companions bearing a ranged weapon is strength +1.
Regroup: Add 3 to discard this condition. Otherwise continue play as if the fellowship just moved to the current site.
“...blocked with a wall of squared stones laid dry, but thick and high...there were holes in the wall through which they could see (or shoot), but no entrance.”

1War of the Dwarves and Orcs Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot a Dwarf in your discard or dead pile.
Each Dwarf skirmishing an Orc is damage +1.
“It was a terrible battle....”

2 You Must Claim Your Own Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot 2 Gandalf Men, a Dragon, or a unique Orc to make a Dwarf strength +2, damage +1, and unable to be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled until the regroup phase.
“... there is no knowing what a dwarf will not dare and do for revenge or the recovery of his own.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sun May 27, 2007 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:31 pm
From Duos #8-17:

3 A Very Ticklish Business Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Stealth. Spell.
Exert Gandalf bearing a staff or hand weapon to rescue every captured companion of one culture.
“Just at that moment all the lights in the cavern went out, and the great fire went off poof! into a tower of blue glowing smoke, right up to the roof....”

2Barely Involved Gandalf
Condition
Strength +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Discard this condition if you cannot spot tales from two different cultures.
Fellowship: Exert Gandalf twice and spot X tales of one culture to heal a character of the same culture X times.
“If you had heard only a quarter of what I have heard about him, and I have only heard very little of all there is to hear, you would be prepared for any sort of remarkable tale.”

4Curunír, Head of the White Council Gandalf
Ally • Home 3 [LA] • Wizard
Strength: 8
Signet: Elrond
At the end of each shadow phase, if you can spot Saruman, add 3 or discard Curunír.
Each other Wizard’s twilight cost is -2.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may exert Curunír and add either a threat or a burden to draw a card for each Wizard you can spot.
“...Gandalf had been to a great council of the white wizards, masters of lore and good magic....”

1Curunír’s Pipe Gandalf
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Wizard. When played on Curunír, the twilight cost of Curunír’s Pipe is -1.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed possession and spot X pipes to reveal X cards from an opponent’s hand.
“Now truth to tell, observing Gandalf’s love of the herb that he called ‘pipe-weed’...Saruman had affected to scoff at it, but in private he made trial of it, and soon began to use it....”

2Even Dwarves! Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Spot your Wizard, Dwarf, and Hobbit to make each of your companions of those races resistance +1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a unique minion strength -1 for each race you can spot in the fellowship (and lose a damage bonus if you can spot a Wizard).
“‘Suddenly in my mind these three things came together: the great Dragon with his lust, and his keen hearing and scent; the sturdy heavy-booted Dwarves with their old burning grudge; and the quick, soft-footed Hobbit, sick at heart for a sight of the wide world.’”

1 Finding Things Out Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Stealth.
Exert your Wizard twice and spot a threat to reveal an opponent’s hand. You may discard X cards from your hand to discard X Shadow cards revealed.
“‘...and a nasty dangerous business it was. Even I, Gandalf, only just escaped.’”

2 Flashed In Its Own Light Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Make each minion skirmishing a Wizard with an artifact or hand weapon strength -1 for each wound on it until the regroup phase.
“...the goblin soldiers fled before the sword shrieking into the darkness.”

4Gandalf, Friend and Counsellor Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Fellowship: Play a Hobbit and add 1 to heal Gandalf.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf and spot a Dwarf to make Gandalf damage +1.
Response: If a Man or Elf (except the Ring-bearer) is about to take a wound, exert Gandalf to prevent that wound.
“Tales and adventures sprouted up all over the place wherever he went, in the most extraordinary fashion.”

4Gandalf, Tharkûn Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
While you can spot a Dwarf and another Free Peoples culture, Gandalf’s twilight cost is -1.
Regroup: Spot three Free Peoples cultures and exert Gandalf to make the move limit +1 (limit once per turn). Each Shadow player may take a card into hand from his or her discard pile.
“He had not had many dealings with the Dwarves; though he was a friend to those of good will, and liked well the exiles of Durin’s Folk who lived in the West.”

1Gandalf’s Cloak Gandalf
Possession • Cloak
Bearer must be a Wizard.
Bearer may not have his strength or vitality reduced by weather conditions.
Maneuver: If bearer is Gandalf, exert him and discard this possession to take a Gandalf event into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
“The old man with the casket threw aside his hood and cloak. ‘Here is Gandalf! And none too soon it seems.’”

1Gandalf’s Pipe, Toy of Fire and Smoke Gandalf
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed possession to remove 2 or to discard a Shadow condition borne by a character bearing a pipe.
“‘You might find that smoke blown out cleared your mind of shadows within.’”

0 Giving What’s Asked For Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Exert your Wizard twice to play a Hobbit from your draw deck (or exert that Wizard once if that Hobbit is an ally).
“After a while he stepped up, and with the spike of his staff scratched a queer sign on the hobbit’s beautiful green front-door.”

2Glamdring, Beater Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gandalf or a unique Elf.
If bearer is Gandalf, he is damage +1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to make him or her strength +2 for each Orc in that skirmish.
“Glamdring Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha i vegil Glamdring gûd daedhe loth, dam an Glamhoth.”

0 Service Rendered Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spell.
Exert your Wizard (or spot Gandalf and add 2) to heal an Eagle or a companion bearing a Gandalf follower.
“As a matter of fact Gandalf, who had often been in the mountains, had once rendered a service to the eagles and healed their lord from an arrow-wound.”

2 Staff of the White Council Gandalf
Artifact • Staff
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Wizard.
Bearer gains muster.
Each time a spell is played, you may exert bearer to add or remove 1.
“‘Halt!’ he called in a voice like thunder, and his staff blazed forth with a flash like the lightning.”

0 Strange and Sorcerous Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Spell.
Exert your Wizard bearing a pipe to play a pipe from your discard pile or add 1 to the number of pipes you can spot.
“Then Gandalf’s smoke-ring would go green and come back to hover over the wizard’s head. He had quite a cloud of them about him already....”

3Tower of Blue Glowing Smoke Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Spell. To play, spot a staff or a Gandalf spell.
Each time a Shadow player assigns a minion to a skirmish, you may exert your Wizard or add 2 to exert that minion.
At the start of each regroup phase, exert Gandalf or discard this condition.
“The sparks were burning holes in the goblins, and the smoke that now fell from the roof made the air too thick for even their eyes to see through.”

3Vanishing Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Spell.
At the end of the assignment phase, if any number of minions has been assigned to skirmish Gandalf and he has at least 4 vitality, return him and any cards stacked on him to your hand to wound each minion assigned to him twice. Discard this condition.
“...when goblins came to grab him, there was a terrific flash like lightning in the cave, a smell like gunpowder, and several of them fell dead.”

1 Wizard’s Fire Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert Gandalf bearing an artifact X times to exert X minions (twice if at a forest).
“He gathered the huge pinecones from the branches of his tree. Then he set one alight with bright blue fire, and threw it whizzing down among the circle of the wolves.”

0Yet Time For Counsel Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time a minion whose culture you cannot spot is played, you may spot Gandalf to remove 1 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
“This is the plan that he made in counsel with the Elvenking and with Bard, and with Dáin, for the dwarf-lord now joined them....”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:53 am; edited 3 times in total
menace64
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:44 pm
From reading through the threads, I noticed a few typos:

In your first post, the teaser on ’rescuing’ is misspelled.

Radagast and Service Repaid should have Green and not [Mirkwood].

This is all looking very cool. I like seeing creative takes on The Hobbit!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:16 pm
Good catches, Menace. Thanks. GP for you. Smile

I seem to recall you were working on a couple Hobbit sets back in the day. Those ever come to fruition?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:40 pm
Laketown/Dale is a new subculture introduced in Lasting Alliances and continuing, to a lesser extent, through all of my sets. It is contained within the culture that already houses a couple subcultures: the Gandalf culture. It wouldn’t have been my choice of "parent" culture--I would have picked Gondor, personally--but Decipher already put several men from Dale in with Gandalf, so I figured I better follow suit.

The men of Laketown (and Dale) rely on possessions to get better (much like Rohan), have a number of events to help them direct wound--especially against roaming minions--and heal (much like Gondor), and are proficient archers (much like the now-two Elven cultures: Elven and Green).

But they do more than just borrow from other cultures; they have their own unique flavor. For one thing, they are one of the first cultures in my sets that can capture minions, and rather easily at that. Inspired by their watchfulness for Smaug the dragon’s return, they work A LOT with threats, adding and keying off of them to get stronger and use some of their better abilities and events. They take two not-so-unusual skills--archery and wounding roaming minions--and combine them in new ways. And in the same spirit of healing up Thorin’s exhausted party in The Hobbit, they’re pretty good at healing you up when you need it the most. In general, they support other cultures very well, especially Elves (and particularly Green Elves), Gondor Men (thanks mostly to a certain keyword the cultures share) and Dwarves (moreso in later sets than in Lasting Alliances).

But that doesn’t mean they can’t shine on their own. With heroes like Bard, the Master of Laketown, the Captain of the Guard, and later heroes like Brand, and with possessions galore, archery and skirmish events that can make big minions cry, and the ability to capture minions as you go, the men of Laketown and Dale are a force to be reckoned with even on their own.

Their only real limitations are size (even with all the cards in my sets combined with Decipher’s, it’s still a comparatively small Man subculture) and REMOVING all those threats they add. They have a couple cards that can help in this regard, but not many.

This subculture is, as you would probably guess, biggest in Lasting Alliances since that’s the set that focuses on The Hobbit, and that’s the book where the Lakemen were seen most prominently. But they’ll be dotted throughout the other sets and make a small resurgance in the RotK-focused set The End Of All Things as they desperately fight against the forces of Mordor with their Dwarven allies.

From Duos #18-33, #206, and 216

0A Pleasant Legend Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot two Gandalf Man companions.
Fellowship: Play a Dwarf and discard a Dwarven or Gandalf card from hand to remove a threat.
“Some sang too that Thror and Thrain would come back one day and gold would flow in rivers through the mountain-gates, and all that land would be filled with new song and new laughter.”

2 A Warm Welcome Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to a river or dwelling site, you may choose one: heal a Gandalf ally; or exert a Gandalf Man ally to heal a companion.
Maneuver: If the fellowship is at a sanctuary, exert a Gandalf Man ally whose home is that site to heal a companion.
“They were all doctored and fed and housed and pampered in the most delightful and satisfactory fashion.”

2Armed and Ready Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Gandalf Man companions.
Maneuver: Exert a Gandalf Man to play up to 3 Gandalf possessions from your draw deck. Discard this condition.
Maneuver: Exert a Gandalf Man to take up to 2 Gandalf archery or skirmish events into hand from your draw deck. Discard this condition.
“Every vessel in the town was filled with water, every warrior was armed, every arrow and dart was ready, and the bridge to the land was thrown down and destroyed....”

1 Banner of the Lake Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man companion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may spot another Gandalf Man and a minion to add or remove a threat.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, discard this possession to liberate a site.
“They bore with them...the blue banner of the Lake, and they advanced until they stood right before the wall at the Gate.”

3Bard, Heir of Girion Gandalf
Companion • Man
Resistance: 7
Archer. Knight. To play, spot a Gandalf Man.
Each time a Gandalf archer wins a skirmish, you may exert a Gandalf Man to wound a minion in that skirmish.
“‘Bard is he, of the race of Dale, of the line of Girion; he is a grim man but true.’”

3Bard, The Bowman Gandalf
Companion • Man
Archer. Muster.
Archery: Exert Bard and add a threat to exert a minion; Bard does not add to the fellowship archery total. You may take the next archery action.
“‘I am Bard, of the line of Girion; I am the slayer of the dragon!’”

1Black Arrow Gandalf
Possession • Arrow
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man archer.
Archery: Discard this possession to make the fellowship archery total +2.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and discard this possession to wound a minion (or wound a Dragon twice).
“‘You have never failed me and always I have recovered you.... If ever you came from the forges of the true king under the Mountain, go now and speed well!’”

1 Bow of Yew Gandalf
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man.
If bearer is an archer, he or she is strength +1.
Archery: Exert bearer and discard a Gandalf archery event from hand to make the fellowship archery total +1.
“Now he shot with a great yew bow....”

5 Bows Twanged, Arrows Whistled Gandalf
Event • Archery
Toil 1.
Spot a Gandalf Man companion to make the fellowship archery total +1 for each Gandalf and Green companion bearing a ranged weapon. Then you may make the fellowship archery total -X (to a minimum of 0) to make X of those companions strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“As soon as the host of their enemies was dense in the valley, they sent against it a shower of arrows, and each flickered as it fled as if with stinging fire.”

3Captain of the Guard Gandalf
Companion • Man
Knight.
While bearing a hand weapon, Captain of the Guard is strength +1 and damage +1.
Each time Captain of the Guard wins a skirmish, you may exert him to capture a minion in that skirmish.
“‘If you come in peace lay down your arms!’”

2Corwin, Huntsman Gandalf
Companion • Man
Ranger.
When you play Corwin, you may exert him and add 1 to play a Gandalf weapon on him from your draw deck.
While at a forest or river, Corwin is an archer.
Braving the dangers of Mirkwood, he ventured often into the dark woods for food and sport.

1Donato, Merchant From Esgaroth Gandalf
Ally • Home 8 [LA] • Man
Strength: 4
Vitality: 2
To play, spot a Gandalf Man.
Fellowship: Discard a Free Peoples possession to play another possession of the same class from your draw deck.
“They still throve on the trade that came up the great river from the South....”

2 Esgaroth Counselor Gandalf
Ally • Home 7 [LA] & 8 [LA] • Man
To play, spot two Gandalf Men.
Each time you play a character, you may exert this ally to draw a card.
“So he spoke to the Master and his councillors and said that soon he and his company must go on towards the Mountain.”

1 Esgaroth Long Sword Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Gandalf knight.
Skirmish: If you cannot spot three threats, add two threats to make bearer damage +1. Then you may add another threat to make him or her damage +1 again.
Though known throughout the northern lands for their skill with bow and spear, the Lakemen were proficient swordsmen as well.

1 Esgaroth Longbow Gandalf
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man companion.
Bearer is an archer.
“Bows twanged and arrows whistled....”

2 Esgaroth Mount Gandalf
Possession • Mount
Resistance +1
To play, spot a Gandalf Man. Bearer must be a Man or Dwarf.
When you play this possession, you may reinforce a token of bearer’s culture.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may add 1 to play a possession of bearer’s culture from hand on him or her.
“Here they were joined by the horses with other provisions and necessaries and the ponies for their own use that had been sent to meet them.”

1 Esgaroth Spear Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man.
Archery: If bearer does not bear another weapon, exert him or her and discard this possession to make the fellowship archery total +2.
Skilled in the use of spears, the men of Laketown were also proficient in using them to pierce through foes from afar.

0 Foreboding Gloomy Things Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
If you can spot two threats, add a threat and exert a unique Gandalf Man companion to reveal an opponent’s hand. You may remove 1 for each Shadow card revealed.
“‘Anything from floods to poisoned fish. Think of something cheerful!’”

1Great Bow of Bard Gandalf
Strength +1
Bearer must be Bard.
Each time you play a Gandalf archery event, you may remove a threat.
“The flames were near him. His companions were leaving him. He bent his bow for the last time....”

1 Hail of Dark Arrows Gandalf
Event • Archery
Make X Gandalf archers strength -1 until the regroup phase to make the fellowship archery total +X.
“No fireworks you ever imagined equaled the sights that night.”

2Hilan, Soldier of Esgaroth Gandalf
Companion • Man
Knight.
For each threat you can spot, Hilan is strength +1 (limit +3).
Each time Hilan wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat.
Long without battle but also long under siege, the men of Laketown have kept their skills—and spears—sharpened for battle.

1Kinsmen of the Northmen Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot a Gandalf Man.
Each time you play a non-Gandalf Man, you may remove 2 or a threat.
Maneuver: Spot Men of two different Free Peoples cultures to remove X threats, where X is the number of cultures in the fellowship. Discard this condition.
“As for the Northmen, a few, it is said, fled over the River Running and were merged with the folk of Dale under Erebor....”

2 Laketown Archer Gandalf
Companion • Man
While bearing a ranged weapon, this companion is an archer.
Archery: Exert this companion twice and add a threat to make the fellowship archery total +1.
“A hail of dark arrows leaped up....”

2 Laketown Banner-bearer Gandalf
Companion • Man
While bearing Banner of the Lake, this companion is strength +1.
Response: If an opponent plays a minion, discard a hand weapon borne by this companion and add a threat to return that minion to its owner’s hand. Any Shadow player may discard an unwounded minion or a Shadow condition to prevent this.
“‘...we bid him consider well the claims that have been urged, or be declared our foe.’”

4Laketown Bowmen Gandalf
Companion • Man
Archer. Defender +1.
To play, spot 3 Gandalf Men (or 2 Gandalf archers).
“But there was still a company of archers that held their ground among the burning houses.”

2 Laketown Guard Gandalf
Companion • Man
Resistance: 5
Knight.
For each threat you can spot, this companion is strength +1 (limit +2).
While you have initiative, each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may exert him and another Gandalf Man companion to capture a minion in that skirmish.
“Their astonishment was enormous when Thorin Oakenshield stepped in through the door.”

2 Laketown Spearman Gandalf
Companion • Man
While bearing a hand weapon, this companion is damage +1. If that weapon is a pike, this companion is also strength +1.
“So it was that Bard’s messengers found him now marching with many spearmen....”

2 Laketown Warrior Gandalf
Companion • Man
Resistance: 5
Knight.
This companion is strength +1 for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing.
“...and beside them came the men of the Lake with long swords.”

1 Many Provisions Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Response: If the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may spot a Gandalf Man companion (or 2 Gandalf allies) to take a possession (or 2 Gandalf possessions) into hand from your draw deck.
“‘What help we can offer shall be yours, and we trust to your gratitude when your kingdom is regained.’”

2Master of Laketown, Cautious Councilor Gandalf
Companion • Man
If you can spot 4 threats, Master of Laketown is unhasty.
When you play Master of Laketown, you may draw a card for each Gandalf ally you can spot.
Each time you play a tale or artifact, you may heal a Gandalf ally.
“...nor did he think much of old songs, giving his mind to trade and tolls, to cargoes and gold, to which habit he owed his position.”

2Master of Laketown, Leader of Esgaroth Gandalf
Ally • Home 7 [LA] & 8 [LA] • Man
Unhasty. To play, spot a Gandalf Man.
Any site 8 [LA] is a sanctuary.
Fellowship: Exert Master of Laketown to play a Gandalf ally from your draw deck.
“‘In the Lake-town we have always elected masters from among the old and wise....’”

2 Not Lost! Gandalf
Event • Response
Tale.
If your Gandalf companion is about to be killed or discarded, spot 2 Gandalf Men and add a threat to return that companion to your hand instead.
“And in the very midst of their talk, a tall figure stepped from the shadows. He was drenched with water, his black hair hung wet over his face and shoulders, and a fierce light was in his eyes. ‘Bard is not lost!’ he cried.”

2 Old Thrush Gandalf
Follower
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Aid – Discard a Gandalf card from hand or from play.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except a Gandalf Man, exert bearer.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may choose one: draw a card; or if the top card of your discard pile is a Gandalf card, take it into hand.
“The Men of Dale used to have the trick of understanding their language, and used them for messengers to fly to the Men of the Lake and elsewhere.”

2Simeth, Esgaroth Smith Gandalf
Ally • Home 8 [LA] • Man
To play, spot 3 Gandalf Men (or a Gandalf Man and a Dwarf).
Fellowship: Exert Simeth to play a hand weapon, helm, or armor possession from your draw deck or discard pile. Unless it is a Gandalf or Dwarven possession, its twilight cost is +1.
In their friendly relationship with the Dwarves of Erebor, the men of Dale soon had new skills to pass on through the generations.

1 So Fierce Was Its Flight Gandalf
Event • Archery
Spot a Gandalf archer and either discard an arrow or make the fellowship archery total -2 (to a minimum of 0) to wound a minion.
At the end of each archery phase during which this event was played or discarded, you may exert a Gandalf archer to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
“The black arrow sped straight from the string.... In it smote and vanished, barb, shaft and feather....”

1 Spear of the Lakemen Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Pike. Bearer must be a Gandalf Man.
While you can spot another Gandalf Man, bearer is strength +1 for each wounded minion in his or her skirmish.
“The next morning early a company of spearmen was seen crossing the river....”

2Tarn, Esgaroth Watchman Gandalf
Companion • Man
Knight.
For each threat you can spot, Tarn is strength +1 (limit +3).
Response: If an opponent plays a minion, exert Tarn twice to remove [X], where X is the vitality of that minion.
“‘The lights again! Last night the watchmen saw them start and fade from midnight until dawn.’”

1The King Beneath the Mountain Gandalf
Condition
Vitality +1
Tale. To play, spot a Dwarf.
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man companion. Bearer gains the Thorin signet.
Maneuver: Spot a unique Dwarf companion and exert bearer to heal each other Gandalf Man. Discard this condition.
“‘The streams shall run in gladness, / The lakes shall shine and burn, / And sorrow fail and sadness / At the Mountain-king’s return!’”

1 The Moon Is Rising Gandalf
Event • Archery
Exert 3 Gandalf archers (or exert Bard twice) and spot a minion to make the fellowship archery total +X, where X is the vitality of that minion; any archer exerted in this way does not add to the fellowship archery total.
“Then Bard drew his bow-string to his ear....The dragon swooped once more lower than ever, and as he turned and dived down his belly glittered white with sparkling fires of gems in the moon--but not in one place.”

2Thrush of Erebor, Long-lived Messenger Gandalf
Follower
Strength +2
Resistance +1
Aid – Add 1 and discard a Gandalf card from hand.
Each time you transfer this to a Gandalf Man, you may heal bearer or remove a threat (or both if bearer is an archer).
“Unafraid it perched by his ear and it brought him news. Marvelling he found he could understand its tongue, for he was of the race of Dale.”

2 To Arms! Gandalf
Event • Response
If a minion is played, exert a unique Gandalf Man and add a threat to play a Gandalf Man from your draw deck; remove [X], where X is the vitality of that minion.
“‘The dragon is coming or I am a fool! Cut the bridges!’”

1 To The Mountain! Gandalf
Event • Assignment
Toil 1.
Make a Gandalf Man at a mountain, underground, or plains site strength +1 (and defender +1 if that site is also a battleground) until the regroup phase. Then you may add a threat (or 2 threats if at any site 8 or above) to take this card back into hand.
“‘Let us take our places while there is yet time!’”

4 Worth and Courage Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Toil 2.
Exert your unique Gandalf Man to make each Gandalf Man strength +2 (or +3 if an archer) until the regroup phase.
“No one had dared to give battle to him for many an age; nor would they have dared now, if it had not been for the grim-voiced man (Bard was his name), who ran to and fro cheering on the archers and urging the Master to order them to fight to the last arrow.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sun May 27, 2007 2:52 pm; edited 5 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:11 pm
Finally time for the Gollum culture. It probably won’t surprise you to learn that Gollum appears in this set--twice, at that--but what MAY surprise you is that there’s small FP side as well...including TWO companions!

The Gollum Shadow side, as I said, has two Gollums. One (Small Slimy Creature) is your basic "ninja", with burden-adding capability and a built-in strength pump. The other (Pitiful Wretch) is a cycling machine for events and conditions featuring the new unbound keyword riddle. He can bring them out easily, and then he can spot them to stick around himself and cause consistent trouble. Twisted Evil The riddles themselves do all manner of things, from adding burdens and threats to healing Gollum to reducing companions’ strength to pumping up Gollum (to potentially HUGE levels). So I guess you could say that, in a roundabout way, BOTH Gollums are ninjas! Very Happy

The Free Peoples side is only 1/3 the size of the Shadow side, but it’s got some oomph to make up what it lacks in size, including an alternate Ring-bearer: Déagol! Sméagol appears as well, and the pair have a small group of very powerful supporting cards that can cycle through your deck, heal, and hurt Gollum a bit. Oh, and both Sméagol and Déagol are Hobbits, which alone adds all sort of combo potential, including with this set’s own Shire culture. Thumbs Up

Shadow cards are listed first, followed by Free Peoples.

From Duos #35-44:

0Brooded For Ages Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Each time the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, you may exert Gollum and spot X burdens to exert X Ring-bound companions.
“Gollum’s mind had jumped to a guess quicker than his...he was always afraid of its being stolen.”

1 Creepy and Tricksy Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gollum (or Sméagol) and remove a threat.
You may exert Gollum and remove 1 to play this condition during the skirmish phase.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, each Gollum minion is strength +2 and fierce.
“‘It slipped from us, after all these ages and ages! It’s gone, gollum....The Baggins has got it in its pocketses; the nassty noser has found it, we says.’”

0 Cross It Is Gollum
Event • Shadow
Exert Gollum to play a Gollum possession from your draw deck. Unless the Ring-bearer is a Hobbit, that possession’s twilight cost is +1.
“‘...impatient, precious. But it must wait, yes it must. We can’t go up the tunnels so hasty. We must go and get some things first, yes, things to help us.’”

3Dark Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Riddle. Toil 1. To play, spot Gollum or a Gollum riddle.
You may remove 1 to play this condition during the skirmish phase.
Each companion and ally at an underground site is strength -1 (or -2 if they have resistance 2 or less).
“‘It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, / Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. / It lies behind stars and under hills, /And empty holes it fills. / It comes first and follows after, / Ends life, kills laughter.’”

1Fish Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Riddle.
Response: If you play a Gollum riddle, discard this condition to heal Gollum (twice if you can also spot a riddle from another culture).
“‘Alive without breath, / As cold as death; / Never thirsty, ever drinking, / All in mail never clinking.’”

2Gollum, Pitiful Wretch Gollum
Minion
Site: 4
Lurker.
Shadow: Exert Gollum twice (or once if at an underground site) to take a Gollum riddle into hand from your draw deck (limit twice per phase).
Regroup: Spot 3 riddles (or 2 Gollum riddles) and discard all Gollum riddles to return Gollum to your hand.
“Riddles were all he could think of. Asking them, and sometimes guessing them, had been the only game he had ever played...before he lost all his friends and was driven away, alone, and crept down, down, into the dark under the mountains.”

2Gollum, Small Slimy Creature Gollum
Minion
Site: 4
Lurker. Fierce.
Each time The One Ring is put on or taken off, add a burden.
Skirmish: Discard a Gollum riddle from play or from hand to make Gollum strength +1 (or +2 if at an underground site) until the regroup phase.
“But now the light in Gollum’s eyes had become a green fire, and it was coming swiftly nearer....such a rage of loss and suspicion was in his heart that no sword had any more terror for him.”

2Gollum’s Boat Gollum
Gollum is vitality +1.
Each time Gollum wins a skirmish, add a Gollum token here (or 2 Gollum tokens if that skirmish involved a Ring-bound companion).
Shadow: Remove 2 Gollum tokens from here to play Gollum from your draw deck or discard pile.
“He had a little boat, and he rowed about quite quietly on the lake....He paddled it with large feet dangling over the side, but never a ripple did he make.”

0 Into the Dark Gollum
Event • Regroup
Discard a Gollum condition to choose one: return Gollum to his owner’s hand; or discard Gollum to add a burden or 2 threats.
“‘It won’t see us, will it, my precious? No. It won’t see us, and its nassty little sword will be useless, yes quite.’”

1 Let It Give Us A Chance Gollum
Event • Response
If a Free Peoples riddle is played, exert Gollum to cancel all effects of that riddle and return it to the top of its owner’s draw deck. The Free Peoples player may heal Gollum twice and add a burden to prevent this.
“‘The answer’s not a kettle boiling over, as you seem to think from the noise you are making.’”

1 Mountain Gollum
Event • Response
Riddle. To play, spot Gollum (or Sméagol) or a Gollum riddle.
If the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, add a burden (or two burdens if the Ring-bearer is a Hobbit).
“‘What has roots as nobody sees, / Is taller than trees, / Up, up it goes, / And yet never grows?’”

1 Not Fair! Not Fair! Gollum
Event • Skirmish
Spot a riddle and exert Gollum to add a threat for each riddle you can spot. If you cannot add at least 2 threats, add a burden.
“‘It isn’t fair, my precious, is it, to ask us what it’s got in its nassty little pocketses?’”

1Only Curious Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Make Gollum strength -X (to a minimum of 0) until the regroup phase to reveal X cards from the top of your draw deck. Until the regroup phase, Gollum is strength +2 for each Gollum card revealed. Take all revealed cards into your hand. Discard this condition.
“‘...otherwise he would have grabbed first and whispered afterwards.’”

1Riddles In The Dark Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Riddle. To play, spot Gollum or Sméagol.
Each time you play a riddle, you may add a threat.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to play a Gollum riddle from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘If precious asks, and it doesn’t answer, we eats it, my preciousss. If it asks us, and we doesn’t answer, then we does what it wants, eh?’”

0 Suspicion Grew In His Mind Gollum
Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, remove a threat to choose one: spot Gollum to add a burden; remove a burden to make Gollum fierce until the regroup phase; or remove 2 burdens to make Gollum strength +1, fierce, and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘What has it got in its pocketses?’ The sound came hissing louder and sharper, and as he looked towards it, to his alarm Bilbo now saw two small points of light peering at him.”

1Time Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Riddle. To play, spot Gollum or a Gollum riddle.
Each time the fellowship moves, add 1 (or spot Gollum to add [X], where X is the current region number).
“‘This thing all things devours: / Birds, beasts, trees, flowers; / Gnaws iron, bites steel; / Grinds hard stones to meal; / Slays king, ruins town, / And beats high mountain down.’”

1 What Have I, I Wonder? Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Exert Gollum to make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase. The Free Peoples player may exhaust the Ring-bearer to prevent this.
“He put his left hand in his pocket. The ring felt very cold as it quietly slipped on to his groping forefinger.”

1 What Iss He? Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Play Gollum from your draw deck or discard pile to make the Free Peoples player choose to either add a burden or exert 2 companions (or exert a Ring-bound companion).
“The hobbit jumped nearly out of his skin when the hiss came in his ears, and he suddenly saw the pale eyes sticking out at him.”

2 Where Iss It? Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Each time a burden is added, you may add a Gollum token here.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to make Gollum strength +2 (limit +6) for each token here until the regroup phase.
“‘Losst it is, my precious, lost, lost! Curse us and crush us, my precious is lost!’”

1 Wind Gollum
Event • Skirmish
Riddle.
Make a character skirmishing Gollum strength -2 until the regroup phase.
“‘Voiceless it cries, / Wingless flutters, / Toothless bites, / Mouthless mutters.’”

1Wretched Oddments Gollum
Discard this possession if you cannot spot another Gollum card.
Gollum is strength +1 for each card stacked here (limit +3).
Maneuver: Stack a Gollum card (except a minion) or Shadow possession here from hand (limit 3).
Shadow: Remove 1 to take a card stacked here into hand.
“...fishbones, goblins’ teeth, wet shells, a bit of bat-wing, a sharp stone to sharpen his fangs on, and other nasty things.”

From Duos #45-47:

1Déagol, Bearer of Things Lost Gollum
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Ringed Resistance: 7
Ring-bound.
While bearing The One Ring, each time Sméagol or Déagol takes a wound, add a burden.
Skirmish: Discard a Gollum or Shire card from hand to make Sméagol or Déagol strength +1.
Response: If Déagol is killed while bearing The One Ring, add a threat to make Sméagol the Ring-bearer and transfer all burdens to him.
“‘I found this, and I’m going to keep it.’”

1 Inquisitive and Curious-Minded Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to a river or forest site, you may add a threat to heal Sméagol.
“He was interested in roots and beginnings; he dived deep into pools; he burrowed under trees and growing plants; he tunnelled into green mounds; and he ceased to look up at the hill-tops, or the leaves on trees, or the flowers opening in the air: his head and eyes were downward.”

2 Land of the Stoors Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Discard this condition if you cannot spot Sméagol and Déagol.
Each site on the adventure path is a river.
Maneuver: Discard this condition and exert Sméagol or Déagol to make the move limit for this turn +1.
“Long ago, on the banks of the Great River, lived little Hobbit-like people. They loved the river, and often swam in it, or made little boats of reeds.”

1 Memories of Ages Before Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Exert Sméagol to discard a Gollum card (except a minion).
“...when he lived with his grandmother in a hole in a bank by a river. ‘Sss, sss, my preciouss,’ he said. ‘Sun on the daisies it means, it does.’”

1Pleased With His Discovery Gollum
Condition • Support Area
If Sméagol or Déagol is the Ring-bearer, each time you reconcile, you may add a burden to draw a card.
“...he concealed it, and he used it to find out secrets....”

1Sméagol, Exiled Stoor Gollum
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound. To play, add a threat.
Skirmish: Add burdens or threats equal to the vitality of a minion Sméagol is skirmishing to discard that minion.
“‘...he put his knowledge to crooked and malicious uses. He became sharp-eyed and keen-eared for all that was hurtful.’”

0 Stoor Fishing Rod Gollum
Possession
Bearer must be a Gollum companion or a Hobbit. Limit one per bearer.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is at a river, exert bearer and place a Gollum or Shire card from hand under your draw deck to draw a card.
“...Déagol stayed in the boat and fished. Suddenly a great fish took his hook....”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sun May 27, 2007 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:05 am
Hey, this is my 500th post. Neato. Smile

With only (currently) 31 cards, Shire is a bit smaller than you might expect in Lasting Alliances. It’s less than half the size of Dwarven, about half the size of Gandalf and Green, and smaller than even Gondor!

But like Hobbits themselves, don’t let the size fool you, or it’ll come back to bite you in the bum. Razz

Obviously, everything focuses around the culture’s one and only companion: Bilbo Baggins. (In fact, since one of the two versions of Bilbo is the set’s main Ring-bearer, you could argue the whole set focuses around him. Smile But anyway....) Bilbo has lots of tricks up his sleave, especially stealth (which is back in a BIG way) and riddles that give him burden-removing, healing, and pumping capabilities and turn him into the perfect counter to the good ol’ "Ninja Gollum".

But Bilbo isn’t done yet. He also single-handedly makes tales and pipeweed (the classic possession variety) into valid strategies again, and has some of the best possessions/artifacts and skirmish events known to Hobbits. Bilbo also has a couple of the best rescuing cards in the game, and he can almost single-handedly shut down your opponents’ attempts to capture your companions.

So, like I said, don’t underestimate Bilbo because of his size, and the size of his culture. He’s a very key piece of your Lasting Alliances fellowship and can mean the difference between defeat and "stealing" a victory. Razz

From Duos #48-62:

1A Box Without Hinges Shire
Condition • Support Area
Riddle.
Response: If you play a Shire riddle, discard this condition to heal Bilbo once (or twice if you can spot a Gollum riddle).
“‘...key, or lid, / Yet golden treasure inside is hid.’”

1 A Mad Idea Shire
Event • Maneuver
Stealth. To play, spot a Hobbit and a companion of another race.
Add a threat and make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase to rescue every wounded companion in an opponent’s support area.
“‘We thought you had got some sensible notion, when you managed to get hold of the keys.’”

2Again Showed His Usefulness Shire
Condition • Support Area
Stealth.
Each time a Shadow card is about to exert a companion, you may exert a Hobbit instead.
Maneuver: Exert a Hobbit (or spot Bilbo) to reveal a card from your draw deck and take it into hand. Discard this condition.
“‘Gandalf spoke true, as usual. A pretty fine burglar you make, it seems, when the time comes.’”

0 Barrels Out of Bond Shire
Event • Fellowship
Stealth.
Spot a Hobbit and exert X companions at a river to rescue X captured characters.
“‘For some time Bilbo sat and thought about this water-gate, and wondered if it could be used for the escape of his friends, and at last he had the desperate beginnings of a plan.’”

2Bilbo, Excitable Little Fellow Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
At the end of each fellowship phase, you may exert Bilbo and add 1 to place a pipeweed possession or a Shire, Dwarven, or Gandalf tale from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
“‘We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!’”

0Bilbo, Expert Burglar Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bearer (resistance 8 ). Ring-bound.
At the start of each fellowship, maneuver, and regroup phase, you may exert Bilbo to take a Shire event or condition into hand from your discard pile. If it is a stealth card and you play it this turn, its twilight cost is -1.
“He put the ring in his pocket almost without thinking: certainly it did not seem of any particular use at the moment.”

1Bilbo’s Pipe, Long-Stemmed Pipe Shire
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be Bilbo.
When you play Bilbo’s Pipe, you may play a pipeweed from your draw deck.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed possession to heal Bilbo or remove a burden.
“Then Bilbo sat down on a seat by his door, crossed his legs, and blew out a beautiful grey ring of smoke that sailed up into the air without breaking and floated away over The Hill.”

1 Cleverly As He Could Shire
Event • Skirmish
Stealth.
At any forest site 1-7, add 1 to prevent a Hobbit from taking wounds until the regroup phase. At any other site 1 to 7, add a threat to cancel a skirmish involving a Hobbit.
“Hobbits are clever at quietness, especially in woods....”

2 Desperate Rescue Shire
Event • Response
Toil 2.
If your companion is about to be captured, spot a Shire companion to prevent that.
“...had tied him up again and were dragging him away. He gave a shout and slashed at the spiders in front of him.”

1 Dreadfully Easy Shire
Event • Response
If a Shadow riddle is played, exert a Ring-bound Hobbit to cancel all effects of that riddle and return it to the top of its owner’s draw deck. Any Shadow player may heal a Ring-bound Hobbit (of your choice) and remove a burden to prevent this.
“Unfortunately for Gollum Bilbo had heard that sort of thing before....‘Dark!’ he said without even scratching his head or putting on his thinking cap.”

1Fish, Man, Cat Shire
Condition • Support Area
Riddle. To play, spot a Hobbit.
Maneuver: If you can spot more Shire riddles than Gollum riddles, discard this condition to play a riddle from your draw deck.
“‘No-legs lay on one leg, two-legs sat near on three legs, four-legs got some.’”

1Gandalf Tea Wednesday Shire
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Maneuver: If the fellowship is at a dwelling or sanctuary, exert a Hobbit (or spot a Hobbit and a Gandalf Wizard) and reveal X Shire cards from hand to heal X unbound companions. Discard this condition.
“He rushed and put on the kettle, and put out another cup and saucer and an extra cake or two, and ran to the door.”

0 Goblin-bane Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Sting, Glamdring, or Orcrist and exert its bearer X times to wound X Orcs or X Uruk-hai.
“He took out his sword again, and again it flashed in the dark by itself. It burned with a rage that made it gleam if goblins were about; now it was bright as blue flame for delight in the killing of the great lord of the cave.”

1 Have A Look Round Shire
Event • Maneuver
Stealth. Toil 1.
Spot your Hobbit to reveal a card at random from an opponent’s hand. If that card is a minion or Shadow possession, remove [X], where X is that card’s cost. Otherwise discard that card or return it to the top of that opponent’s draw deck.
“‘After all there is the Side-door, and dragons must sleep sometimes, I suppose.’”

2 I Will Do The Stinging! Shire
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Hobbit companion to have him or her replace a wounded unbound companion in a skirmish. That Hobbit is strength +1 for each threat you can spot.
“He darted backwards and forwards, slashing at spider-threads, hacking at their legs, and stabbing at their fat bodies if they came too near.”

0 Inside Information Shire
Event • Response
Stealth.
If an opponent plays a minion and the Ring-bearer is a Hobbit, make him put on The One Ring to make that opponent discard X cards from hand or remove [X], where X is that minion’s vitality.
“‘I have got my ring and will creep down this very noon-then if ever Smaug ought to be napping-and see what he is up to.’”

0 Lovely Titles Shire
Event • Response
Riddle.
If any number of threats are added by a Shadow card, exert a Ring-bound Hobbit twice (or exert Bilbo once) to remove that number of twilight tokens from the twilight pool (or twice that many if you can spot a Dragon).
“‘I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly. I was chosen for the lucky number....I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider.’”

2Mithril-coat, Elven-mail Shire
Artifact • Armor
To play, spot a Dwarf or Elf. Bearer must be a Ring-bound Hobbit.
The minion archery total is -1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to remove the game text (except card type and race) and all damage bonuses of each minion he is skirmishing until the regroup phase.
“...a small coat of mail, wrought for some young elf-prince long ago. It was of silver-steel which the elves call mithril....”

2Quite a Merry Gathering! Shire
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time you play a non-Hobbit companion, you may exert a Hobbit (or spot Bilbo) to heal every companion of that race.
“‘Tea! No thank you! A little red wine, I think, for me.’ ‘And raspberry jam and apple-tart.’ ‘And mince-pies and cheese.’ ‘And pork-pie and salad.’ ‘And more cakes-and ale-and coffee, if you don’t mind.’ ‘Put on a few eggs, there’s a good fellow!’ ‘And just bring out the cold chicken and pickles!’”

1Riddle-game Shire
Condition • Support Area
Riddle. To play, spot 2 Hobbits (or Bilbo).
Each time you play a riddle, you may remove a threat.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to play a Shire riddle from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘It likes riddles, praps it does, does it?’”

2 Shivering and Whispering Shire
Event • Assignment
Toil 1.
Spot a Hobbit bearing a weapon to prevent Gollum from being assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase. Any Shadow player may wound Gollum once (or twice if that weapon is Sting) to prevent this.
“But at any rate Gollum did not at once attack him. He could see the sword in Bilbo’s hand.”

0 Smooth Stone Shire
Possession • Stone
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
You may add 1 to play this possession any time you could play an archery event.
Archery: Exert bearer and discard this possession to add 1 to the fellowship archery total.
“...he had nothing to shoot with; but looking about he saw that in this place there were many stones lying....”

1Songs and Tales Shire
Conditon • Support Area
Riddle. To play, spot a Hobbit.
Each time a Shadow player exerts Gollum or a Dragon, you may exert a Hobbit or add 1 to remove a threat.
“No dragon can resist the fascination of riddling talk and of wasting time trying to understand it.”

1 Southlinch Weed Gandalf
Pipeweed.
When you play this possession, spot another pipeweed or a pipe to heal a Gandalf Wizard or Gandalf Man.
“...but bless me! this is a splendid place for smoke rings!”

1Sting, Elven-knife Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
If skirimishing an Orc or Spider, Bilbo is damage +1.
Each time Bilbo wins a fierce skirmish, you may heal him.
“‘I will give you a name, and I shall call you Sting.’”

1 Sun On the Daisies Shire
Event • Response
Riddle.
If the fellowship moves to a sanctuary or dwelling, spot 2 Hobbits to remove a burden (or two burdens if the Ring-bearer is a Hobbit).
“‘An eye in a blue face / Saw an eye in a green face. / “That eye is like to this eye” / Said the first eye, / “But in low place / Not in high place.”’”

1The Legend of Bandobras Took Shire
Condition
Tale. Bearer must be a Hobbit companion.
While skirmishing an Orc, bearer is strength +1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and discard this condition to make bearer strength +2 and damage +1.
“...Old Took’s great grand-uncle Bullroarer...He charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram in the Battle of the Green Fields, and knocked their king Golfimbul’s head clean off with a wooden club.”

1 Thirty White Horses Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle. To play, spot Bilbo or a Shire riddle.
Remove a burden or a threat.
“‘... on a red hill, / First they champ, / Then they stamp, / Then they stand still.’”

1 Three Guesses Shire
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Riddle. To play, spot a Ring-bound Hobbit.
If you and an opponent have at least 3 cards in your hand, that opponent must name a card type. Reveal 3 cards at random from your hand, then discard each card that is of the named type and take the rest into hand. If no cards were discarded, that opponent discards 3 cards at random from his or her hand.
“‘What have I got in my pocket?’”

2Tobacco Jar Shire
Pipeweed.
Each time you play a pipeweed possession (including Tobacco Jar), place a Shire token here.
Maneuver or Regroup: Remove 2 tokens from here to remove a burden or a threat.
Hobbits were never without a ready supply of pipeweed in their homes.

0 Tobacco of the Shire Shire
Pipeweed.
“Then he felt for his pouch, and there was some tobacco in it, and that was something more.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sun May 27, 2007 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:37 pm
Mirkwood, or Green, is by far the biggest culture in Lasting Alliances, thanks to it being A.) a big part of The Hobbit, B.) the first major "split" culture (meaning one with both a FP and Shadow side) since Gollum, and C.) having no less than 3 FP subcultures and 2 Shadow subcultures. There’s lots of stuff in here. Green makes a big, big impact in Lasting Alliances, and while not nearly as large in my other sets, it never goes away. If you were to play a game with the cards in my sets, you’re more than likely going to have Green make an appearance in SOME player’s deck.

There are four Free Peoples races in Green, and each one has quite different, quite specialized cards around it.

Radagast appears as the first non-Gandalf FP Wizard, and has a couple of support cards to go with him.

Beorn has a decent chunk of Green, though he almost ended up in the Gandalf culture, but then the Lakemen got bigger and bigger, and this guy didn’t seem to fit too well anymore. So I figured that, for several reasons, he fit much better with his own slice of the Green culture. He gets two versions and a handful of support cards, mostly focused around making him HUGE in skirmishes.

Eagles make their grand entrance into LOTR TCG (as a race rather than just followers) in the Green culture. They have a number of allies, but also some companions (albeit typically unhasty ones). They usually have VERY big stats (especially their leader Gwaihir, who gets two versions), but actually do better supporting other companions’ skirmishes rather than focusing on their own. When you DO get them skirmishing, though, they can make minions lose keywords, pump themselves up to beat out most minions in the game, or capture minions in their skirmish. They also have some site path (and move limit) manipulation, and even a dash of returning cards to Shadow player’s hands. Oh, and they get some further support from Radagast, too. Smile

But the BIG race of the FP Green culture is a race that, until now, has only appeared in one other culture: Elves. The Wood-elves share many of the same tricks as their Elven cousins: strong archery, hunter (and even a dash of ranger), and healing. But unlike Elven Elves, Green Elves tend to prefer pumping up rather than reducing minions’ stats and abilities (with a variety of possessions that help out). They also have one trick not seen (at least until now) with their Elven brethren: capturing minions, which the Wood-elves do pretty efficiently. And with the condition Good People (which also shows up as an identical Elven condition), you can interchange Elven and Green Elves without too much trouble, and use the best tricks one culture has to offer by Elves in the other culture. Very Happy

From Duos #63-90:

2A Fierce Enemy Green
Condition • Support Area
Assignment: If Beorn is assigned to an Orc, exert him X times to assign him to X additional Orcs.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make Beorn strength +2 for each Orc in his skirmish.
“‘The goblins will not dare to cross the Great River for a hundred miles north of the Carrock nor to come near my house - it is well protected at night!’”

4Aeglirnen, Misty Mountain Eagle Green
Ally • Home 5 [LA] • Eagle
Aeglirnen gains each home site of each Eagle ally.
Each time a minion is rescued, you may make Aeglirnen strength +4 and able to be assigned to skirmishes until the end of the turn.
“He had just strength to wonder what the messenger had meant by ‘prisoners,’ and to begin to think of being torn up for supper like a rabbit, when his own turn came. The eagle came back, seized him in his talons by the back of his coat, and swooped off.”

2Alfirin, Elven Warrior Green
Companion • Elf
To play, spot a Green Elf.
While skirmishing an Orc, Alfirin is strength +1.
While skirmishing a fierce minion, Alfirin is damage +1.
“The yells were deafening. The rocks were stained black with goblin blood.”

1 Banner of the Forest Green
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Green Elf companion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may spot a Green archer to exert a minion.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, discard this possession to liberate a site.
“They bore with them the green banner of the Elvenking...and they advanced until they stood right before the wall at the Gate.”

2 Battle About To Be Joined Green
Event • Archery or Skirmish
Discard a Green weapon and a captured minion in your support area with X vitality to make X Green Elves strength +1 until the regroup phase (or, if you discarded a ranged weapon, make the fellowship archery total +X).
“‘Suddenly without a signal they sprang silently forward to attack. Bows twanged and arrows whistled....’”

3Belówen, Elven Guard Green
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
Skirmish: If Belówen is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to capture a wounded minion not assigned to a skirmish.
“Then the Wood-elves had come to him, and bound him, and carried him away.”

5Beorn, Keeper of the Ford Green
Companion • Man
Vitility: 4
Signet: Elrond
Beorn may not bear armor.
While the fellowship is at any site 6 or higher, Beorn is damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Beorn twice (or once if the fellowship is at a forest or river) to heal a companion.
“Standing near was a huge man with a thick black beard and hair, and great bare arms and legs with knotted muscles.”

5Beorn, Skin-changer Green
Companion • Man
Vitility: 4
Beorn may not bear armor.
While skirmishing an Orc, Beorn is damage +1.
Beorn takes no more than one wound per phase (except during the archery phase).
“‘He changes his skin: sometimes he is a huge black bear, sometimes he is a great strong black-haired man with huge arms and a great beard.’”

2Beorn’s Axe Green
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Beorn.
When played at site 6 [LA], this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish events may not be played and skirmish special abilities may not be used in skirmishes involving Beorn.
“He was clothed in a tunic of wool down to his knees, and was leaning on a large axe.”

1 Blade of Mirkwood Green
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf companion.
While at a forest, river, or sanctuary, bearer is strength +1.
Though primarily archers and spearman, the Wood-elves are quite proficient in making and using swords akin to those of their brethren in Lorien.

1 Bow of Mirkwood Green
Bearer must be an Elf companion.
If bearer is a hunter or a Green Elf, he or she is strength +1.
Archery: Exert bearer to play a Green or Elven archery event; its twilight cost is -1.
The bows of the Wood-elves, while small and simply made, are deadly accurate, even at long ranges.

5 Bows Twanged, Arrows Whistled Green
Event • Archery
Toil 1.
Spot a Green Elf companion to make the fellowship archery total +1 for each Green and Gandalf companion bearing a ranged weapon. Then you may make the fellowship archery total -X (to a minimum of 0) to make X of those companions strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“As soon as the host of their enemies was dense in the valley, they sent against it a shower of arrows, and each flickered as it fled as if with stinging fire.”

3Brethil, Mirkwood Sentinel Green
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. To play, spot a Green Elf.
Brethil is strength +1 for each weapon he bears.
While at a battleground or forest, Brethil is an archer.
“Out leaped Wood-elves with their bows and spears and called the dwarves to halt.”

4 Cold and Bitter Hatred Green
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1. To play, spot 2 Green Elf companions.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make each Elf strength +1 until the regroup phase for each of the following that is true: he or she is bearing a hand weapon; he or she is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai; he or she is skirmishing a fierce minion; he or she is skirmishing a Green minion.
“The elves were the first to charge...a thousand of their spearmen leapt down and charged. The yells were deafening. The rocks were stained black with goblin blood.”

2Dorwinian Wine Green
When you play this possession, place a Green token here for each Green Elf you can spot (limit 3).
Response: If a companion is about to exert, you may add 1 and remove a token from here to place no token for that exertion.
Regroup: Discard this possession to heal X companions, where X is the number of tokens on this possession.
“‘Now come with me and taste the new wine that has just come in. I shall be hard at work tonight clearing the cellars of the empty wood, so let us have a drink first to help the labour.’”

3 Eagle of the Great Shelf Green
Ally • Home 5 [LA] • Eagle
Unhasty.
Each time the fellowship moves, exert this ally or add 1.
This ally gains each home site of each Eagle ally.
Assignment: Exert 2 companions (or one Eagle companion) or discard 2 cards from hand to allow this ally to be assigned to a skirmish.
“...they were proud and strong and noble-hearted.”

3Ecthelhador, Chief Guard Green
Companion • Elf
Each time Ecthelhador wins a skirmish, you may exert him to capture an exhausted minion in that skirmish.
Fellowship or Regroup: Exert Ecthelhador to draw a card for each captured minion in your support area (limit 3). Limit once per turn.
“‘He wasn’t a bad fellow, and quite decent to the prisoners.’”

3 Enchanted Green
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot X Green Elves at a forest site to capture a minion whose vitality is X or less (limit 4).
“Out went all the lights again and complete darkness fell. If it had been difficult collecting themselves before, it was far worse this time. And they simply could not find the hobbit. Every time they counted themselves it only made thirteen.”

2Galion, King’s Butler Green
Ally • Home 7 [LA] • Elf
To play, spot Thranduil or a Green Elf companion.
Fellowship: Exert Galion to play a Green possession from your draw deck. If that possession is Dorwinian Wine, you may place a Green token on it.
“‘You began your feasting early and muddled your wits! You have stacked some full casks here instead of the empty ones, if there is anything in weight.’”

0Good People Green
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Green Elf and an Elven Elf.
Each time a card must spot an Elven Elf, you may add 1 to spot a Green Elf instead.
Each time a card must spot a Green Elf, you may add 1 to spot an Elven Elf instead.
“...and after the coming of Men they took ever more and more to the gloaming and the dusk. Still elves they were and remain....”

3 Great Eagle Green
Companion • Eagle
Unhasty.
Assignment: Exert 2 Eagles (or a Wizard) or discard 2 cards from hand to allow this companion to be assigned to skirmishes until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: If this companion is not assigned to a skirmish, discard it and remove 1 to make another companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength +5 until the regroup phase.
“But the ancient race of the northern mountains were the greatest of all birds....”

1 Greenwood Longbow Green
Bearer must be an Elf.
At the start of the archery phase, you may make the fellowship archery -1 (to a minimum of 0) to either heal bearer or exert a minion.
Made of dark wood and carved in the style of Númenórean longbows, the bows of Mirkwood are infallible and deadly weapons.

6Gwaihir, King of All Birds Green
Ally • Home 5 [LA] & 8 [LA] • Eagle
Strength: 11
Unhasty. Damage +1.
Each time the fellowship moves, add 1.
Assignment: Exert your Wizard or discard 3 cards from hand to allow Gwaihir to be assigned to a skirmish.
Maneuver: Exert Gwaihir twice (or once if you can spot a Nazgûl or 3 Orcs) to make each Eagle strength +1 until the regroup phase (limit twice per turn).
“The Lord of the Eagles of the Misty Mountains had eyes that could look at the sun unblinking, and could see a rabbit moving on the ground a mile below even in the moonlight.”

6Gwaihir, Lord of the Eagles Green
Companion • Eagle
Damage +1. To play, discard 2 Green or Gandalf cards from hand (or spot 3 Green or Gandalf cards).
Gwaihir’s twilight cost is -1 for each Wizard companion and Eagle you can spot.
While at a battleground, forest, or mountain site, each minion skirmishing an Eagle loses fierce and cannot gain fierce until the regroup phase.
“‘What’s all this uproar in the forest tonight?’”

2 Hall of the Elvenking Green
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a minion is about to be rescued, exert a Green Elf (or spot Thranduil and another Green Elf) to prevent that.
“‘There is no escape from my magic doors for those who are once brought inside.’”

2Hallodol, Bowman of Mirkwood Green
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
While the fellowship is a a river or forest, the fellowship archery total is +1.
“...no use against the arrows of the elves that could hit a bird’s eye in the dark.”

1 His Wrath Was Redoubled Green
Event • Skirmish
Make each minion skirmishing Beorn lose all strength and damage bonuses from possessions and artifacts.
“...nothing could withstand him, and no weapon seemed to bite upon him. He scattered the bodyguard, and pulled down Bolg himself and crushed him.”

0 Hospitality of the Elves Green
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Exert 2 Elves to heal a companion (or heal a companion twice if at a forest sanctuary or forest dwelling).
“They gave him food and drink, plenty of both, if not very fine; for Wood-elves were not goblins, and were reasonably well-behaved even to their worst enemies....”

1 Huge Black Shadows Green
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Eagle to make it strength +1 for each Eagle you can spot (limit +4).
“Over them swooped the eagles; the dark rush of their beating wings smote them to the floor or drove them far away; their talons tore at goblin faces.”

3 In Bear’s Shape Green
Event • Skirmish
Make Beorn damage +1 until the regroup phase. Then you may add up to 3 threats to make Beorn strength +2 for each threat you add in this way until the regroup phase.
“The roar of his voice was like drums and guns; and he tossed wolves and goblins from his path like straws and feathers. He fell upon their rear, and broke like a clap of thunder through the ring.”

2Ithilden, Mirkwood Scout Green
Companion • Elf
Ranger. Hunter 1.
At the start of each maneuver phase while the fellowship is at a forest or site 7 [LA], you may exert Ithilden to play a Green Elf from hand. That Elf’s twilight cost is -1.
“They dwelt most often by the edges of the woods, from which they could escape at times to hunt....”

2 Keen Sight Green
Event • Fellowship or Regroup
If the fellowship is at any site 5 or above, spot an Eagle to examine a player’s adventure deck. Then you may play the fellowship’s next site from either your adventure deck or that player’s adventure deck (replacing opponent’s site if necessary).
“But eagles have keen eyes and can see small things at a great distance.”

3Legandir, King’s Guard Green
Companion • Elf
Response: If a Green Elf is about to take a wound, exert Legandir to prevent that wound.
“If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers.”

3Lianna, Mirkwood Adventurer Green
Companion • Elf
Ranger.
While bearing a hand weapon, Lianna is strength +1.
While bearing a ranged weapon, Lianna is an archer.
While the fellowship is at a river, forest, or plains site, Lianna gains hunter 2.
She was a respected and feared warrior in the Elvenking’s army, noted for her independent streak.

1 Long Suspicion Green
Condition • Support Area
Each time a minion or Shadow condition with a twilight cost of (X) is played, you may exert X Eagles (minimum 1) to return that card to its owner’s hand.
“...from their watchfulness the movements in the mountains could not be altogether hid.”

1 Magic Shut The Gates Green
Event • Skirmish
If the fellowhip is at a forest or dwelling, exert a Green Elf to cancel a skirmish involving an unbound companion. At any other site, exert 2 Green Elves to cancel a skirmish involving a Green companion.
“Then if Bilbo was very nimble, he could slip out just behind them; though it was a dangerous thing to do. More than once he was nearly caught in the doors....”

1 Mirkwood Arrows Green
Possession • Arrow
Bearer must be a Green Elf (or an Elf archer).
Archery: Discard this possession to choose one: make the fellowship archery total +1; or make bearer an archer until the end of the turn.
Mirkwood arrows are very distinctive with their long, bodkin-style tips and green flights. Many only notice their detail as they view the arrow stuck in their body.

2 Mirkwood Guardian Green
Companion • Elf
While you can spot another Green ranger, this companion is a ranger.
While you can spot another Green hunter, this companion gains hunter 1.
While you can spot 2 other Green archers, this companion is an archer.
“If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers.”

1 Mirkwood Spear Green
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Pike.
Bearer must be a Green Elf companion.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and add 1 to make each minion skirmishing bearer lose fierce and be unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.
“...and out upon the other side came many of the spearmen of the elves.”

1 Mountain Vantage Green
Event • Archery
Exert any number of Elves (or spot any number of Green Elves and add 1) at a mountain to make each of them strength +1 until the regroup phase. Then you may add 1 and spot 2 Elves to make the fellowship archery total +1.
“...elves climbed to the height of the Eastern shoulder to gain a view to the North. Soon they could see the lands before the Mountain’s feet black with a hurrying multitude.”

2Nestadion, Mirkwood Hunter Green
Companion • Elf
Ranger.
The twilight cost of each weapon and mount played on Nestadion is -1.
“In fact the subjects of the king mostly lived and hunted in the open woods, and had houses or huts on the ground and in the branches.”

0Not A Bad Fellow Green
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may exert Radagast to remove 1 for each Green companion you can spot (limit 4).
“‘...but perhaps you have heard of my good cousin Radagast who lives near the Southern borders of Mirkwood?’”

2Nurgon, River Watchman Green
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
At the start of each assignment phase while the fellowship is at a river or site 7 [LA] or 8 [LA], you may spot another Green Elf and an unbound companion of another race to heal a Green Elf or Gandalf Man.
“‘These are prisoners of our king that have escaped, wandering vagabond dwarves that could not give any good account of themselves, sneaking through the woods and molesting our people!’”

3Oropher, Lord of the Silvan Elves Green
Companion • Elf
While you can spot an Elven Elf, Oropher is also an Elven Elf.
Maneuver: Exert Oropher and an Elven companion to play a Green Elf from your draw deck. Limit once per turn.
“Despite the desire of the Silvan Elves to meddle as little as might be in the affairs of the Noldor and Sindar, or of any other people, Dwarves, Men, or Orcs, Oropher had the wisdom to forsee that peace would not return unless Sauron was overcome.”

3 Out Leaped Wood-elves Green
Event • Maneuver
To play, exert a Green Elf.
If you can spot a Green or Sauron minion, this event’s twilight cost is -1 (or -2 if you can spot both).
If the fellowship is at a forest, you may play Green companions and allies any time you could play a maneuver, archery, or regroup event until the end of the turn.
“...suddenly out sprang the light of many torches all round them, like hundreds of red stars.”

2 Pursued Closely Green
Event • Regroup
To play, spot 2 Green Elves.
If the fellowship is at a battleground, forest, or underground site, spot X Elf companions to wound X minions.
“Then dismay fell on the Goblins and they fled in all directions....those that came hardly to the Wood-elves’ realm were there slain, or drawn in to die in the trackless dark of Mirkwood.”

2Queer Lodgings Green
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Green companions (or Beorn).
Maneuver: If the fellowship is a forest, exert Beorn twice (or exert a Green companion and discard a Green card from hand) to heal a companion or remove a threat.
“...so soon they were all seated at Beorn’s table, and the hall had not seen such a gathering for many a year. There they had a supper, or a dinner, such as they had not had since they left the Last Homely House in the West and said good-bye to Elrond.”

4Radagast, Gandalf’s Cousin Green
Companion • Wizard
Radagast is strength +1 for each Tree, Eagle, and Free Peoples mount you can spot (limit +3).
Fellowship: Exert Radagast and discard 2 cards (or one Green or Gandalf card) from hand to heal an Eagle, Tree, or Ent.
“‘...not a bad fellow as wizards go, I believe.’”

2 Realm of the Elvenking Green
Event • Maneuver
If the fellowship is at a forest, exert a Green Elf to exert a minion (or wound a Green minion). Then you may exert a Green companion and spot two other Green companions to return this card to your hand.
“‘It is a crime to wander in my realm without leave. Do you forget that you were in my kingdom, using the road that my people made? Did you not three times pursue and trouble my people in the forest and ’rouse the spiders with your riot and clamour?’”

4Reviaur, Eagle Escort Green
Companion • Eagle
To play, spot a Wizard or 2 Eagles (or spot Gwaihir).
While the fellowship is at an underground site, Reviaur is unhasty.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may exert Reviaur to prevent him from being assigned to a skirmish and make another unmounted companion strength +4 and considered to be mounted until the regroup phase.
“‘It is a fair morning with little wind. What is finer than flying?’”

2Rinavar, Mirkwood Scout Green
Companion • Elf
Ranger. Hunter 1.
At the start of each archery phase while the fellowship is at a forest or site 7 [LA], you may exert Rinavar or add 2 to make him an archer until the end of the turn.
“...would from time to time ride out to hunt, or to other business in the woods and in the lands to the East.”

3 Seized In His Claws Green
Event • Regroup
Toil 1.
Spot an Eagle to capture a minion with less printed strength than that Eagle.
“He had just strength to wonder what the messenger had meant by ‘prisoners,’ and to begin to think of being torn up for supper like a rabbit....”

2 Service Repaid Green
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Exert your Wizard and spot 3 Eagles (or 2 Eagle companions) to make the move limit +1 for this turn.
“The wizard and the eagle-lord appeared to know one another slightly, and even to be on friendly terms... He was discussing plans with the Great Eagle for carrying the dwarves and himself and Bilbo far away and setting them down well on their journey across the plains below.”

2 The Clouds Burst Green
Event • Skirmish
Exert a companion (except a Green companion) to make him or her strength +1 for each Green companion you can spot (limit +4).
“The clouds were torn by the wind, and a red sunset slashed the West. Seeing the sudden gleam in the gloom Bilbo looked round. He gave a great cry: he had seen a sight that made his heart leap, dark shapes small yet majestic against the distant glow.”

0 The Eagles! Green
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Hobbit to play an Eagle from your hand or discard pile; that Eagle’s twilight cost is -1 for each Green companion you can spot (limit -3).
“‘The Eagles! the Eagles!’ Bilbo cried, dancing and waving his arms. If the elves could not see him they could hear him. Soon they too took up the cry, and it echoed across the valley.”

1 The Yells Were Deafening Green
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elf, a Dwarf, and a Man to make each of those characters strength +1 until the regroup phase. You may then exert a Green Elf and add 2 to return this event to your hand.
“With cries of ‘Moria!’ and ‘Dain, Dain!’ the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks, upon the other side; and beside them came the men of the Lake with long swords. Panic came upon the Goblins; and even as they turned to meet this new attack, the elves charged again with renewed numbers.”

3Thranduil, King of the Woodland Realm Green
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is at a forest, each Green archer gains hunter 1.
Fellowship: Add 1 and discard a Green or Elven event from hand to heal an Elf.
“In a great hall with pillars hewn out of the living stone sat the Elvenking on a chair of carven wood. On his head was a crown of berries and red leaves....”

2 Twisting, Crossing, Echoing Paths Green
Event • Maneuver
Make each Green Elf at an underground site strength +1 until the regroup phase. Then you may add 1 and exert 2 of those Elves to capture a minion.
“The king’s cave was his palace, and the strong place of his treasure, and the fortress of his people against their enemies. It was also the dungeon of his prisoners.”

2 Woodland Elf-Guard Green
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
This companion is strength +1 for each captured minion in your support area.
Response: If this companion wins a skirmish, exert him and another Green Elf to capture a minion in that skirmish.
“Then the elves put thongs on him, and shut him in one of the inmost caves with strong wooden doors, and left him.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:35 pm; edited 5 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:09 pm
The Orc culture is just as powerful as you’ve come to expect in Lasting Alliances...but unlike what you know, it’s not broken! Laughing At least, I hope not.

There are three minion races in the culture. The first, unsurprisingly, is Orcs. They’re a race that’s certainly not exclusive to Orc in Lasting Alliances: there are many Moria and Green Orcs. Those, however, are usually more of the swarming goblin variety. The Orc culture still has several of those, but they also have some bigger, meaner minions too. Whereas the Moria and Green Orcs in this set are those encountered along the Quest of Erebor, the Orc Orcs are from nearly 3,000 years earlier, during the final years of the Second Age and the War of the Last Alliance. They’re the Orcs that stood up to a siege for seven years and took down countless brave Númenóreans and Elves. They’re also the Orcs that took down Isildur and his sons, and began a new chapter in the War of the Ring.

As I said, the Orc Orcs have some swarmers, and some really big, REALLY nasty guys too, like the potentially 16/3 damage +1, fierce Morgul Champion (all for only 6 twilight!) and the non-unique 18/4 Morgul Horde. Twisted Evil They also have some archery which is very strong but more balanced than Decipher’s ideas (*cough*Frenzy of Arrows*cough*) and some ambushing.

Next up, we have Trolls. Not just ANY Trolls, but Three Monstrous Trolls that Bilbo and the Dwarves encounter early in their quest, and that were so memorable they appeared in the following Lord of the Rings books AND films.

In my set, these trolls--Bert, Tom, and William--share some of the same qualities as other Trolls; they’re big, they’re expensive, but they get cost reductions by spotting certain things. However, just as the trio were pretty unlike the trolls we saw in later stories of Middle-Earth, these three have their own unique flavor. They have a couple pretty interesting possessions, and they’re also good at "copping" (or capturing, if you prefer) a couple of the opponent’s companions, usually by abandoning fighting.

And finally, the highlight of the Orc culture is a brand-new race: Dragon. Twisted Evil The last great dragon in the history of Middle-Earth makes for, not surprisingly, a very tough, very nasty minion in the world of LOTR TCG. It took me some time to make him, and then even more to fine-tune him to be (hopefully) balanced while still terrifying to any FP player that has to face him.

This dragon, Smaug, had a few characteristics in The Hobbit that I spent some time trying to figure out how to translate into the world of LOTR TCG. Fiery breath was a unique aspect, as well as flying. He was strong against archery (except certain "lucky" shots), though we never really got to see how he was against melee weapons (presumably also very strong, though). And he could smash buildings and mountains with relative ease...not to mention what he might do to people.

So, he needed to be very strong, at least on the level of the Balrog. He also needed very high vitality. I dropped the flying concept after a while (too complicated), but decided that the fiery breath could work if I did it right. Thus, Smaug ends up with very high vitality, BIG strength, plenty of keywords, archery (the fiery breath), threats, search cards, conditions that play on (and cripple) companions, possession discarding, and Roar and Rumble of His Fury, which lets you discard multiple FP cards of ANY type (except companions). Oh, and if all that fails, he can simply overwhelm most companions a la Sauron.

There are a few Orc cards that support any or all of these races, and some weather cards that wreak havoc on the fellowship no matter what Orc races you’re using, so while the Orcs and Trolls work best with their own race--and Smaug usually works best on his own--it’s not a bad idea to mix and match, either.

From Duos #91-99, #217-236

3 A Gorgeous Row Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make a Troll enduring until the end of its skirmish.
“‘He caught hold of Tom’s leg—as well as he could, it was thick as a young tree-trunk—but he was sent spinning up into the top of some bushes, when Tom kicked the sparks up in Thorin’s face.’”

2 A Shadow of Foreboding Orc
Event • Skirmish
Cancel a fierce skirmish involving an Orc or Orc minion to add a burden.
“‘And we bear burdens of worth beyond all reckoning.’”

1 Banner of Barad-dûr Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Orc or Sauron Orc.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may add 1 for each Orc card in your support area (limit 3).

10Bert, Hungry Troll Orc
Minion • Troll
Strength: 16
Vitality: 5
Site: 2
Fierce.
Bert’s twilight cost is -2 for each Troll you can spot.
While you can spot 2 Trolls, Bert is a lurker.
Each other Troll is strength +1 (or +2 if that Troll is Tom or William).
“‘Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don’t look like mutton again tomorrer.’”

10Bert, Lout Orc
Minion • Troll
Strength: 15
Fierce.
Bert’s twilight cost is -2 for each Troll you can spot.
Each time a captured companion or ally is killed, you may heal a Troll.
Regroup: Exert Bert and remove 1 to exert a character you have captured.
“‘I don’t want to have me throat cut in me sleep. Hold his toes in the fire, till he talks!’”

1 Breeze From the Black East Orc
Event • Maneuver
Weather.
Spot no threats to play an Orc or Moria minion and add two threats. Then, if you can spot a weather condition, add 2.
“...it was ominous and dreary even in the light of morning. Now it was lost and gone, blotted in the dark.”

0 Brooding Orc
Condition
Resistance -2
To play, exert 2 Orc minions (or exert Smaug once).
Bearer must be an unbound companion. Limit 1 per bearer. Bearer is damage -1 (to a minimum of 0) and, if bearer is a Dwarf, strength -1.
Discard this condition if you can spot 2 other companions of bearer’s race.
“...the armies were dispersed and the alliances broken and the axes of his people were few; and a great anger without hope burned him, as he smote the red iron on the anvil.”

1 Came From The North Orc
Event • Shadow
Spot a Dwarf or Man and remove a threat to play an Orc or Moria minion from your draw deck.
“‘The first we heard of it was a noise like a hurricane coming from the North, and the pine-trees on the Mountain creaking and cracking in the wind.’”

1 Cold and Wet Orc
Condition
Weather. To play, spot a weather condition and exert an Orc minion. Plays on a site.
Each companion at this site who does not bear a cloak is strength -1.
Discard this condition at the end of the turn.
“Everything seemed gloomy, for the weather that day had taken a nasty turn....it was pouring with rain, and had been all day; his hood was dripping into his eyes, his cloak was full of water; the pony was tired and stumbled on stones; the others were too grumpy to talk.”

2 Copped Orc
Event • Response
If a Troll is about to win a skirmish, remove a threat and cancel that skirmish to capture a wounded companion in that skirmish.
“‘Ere, ’oo are you?’”

1 Crude Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Orc or Sauron minion.
You may play this possession any time you could play a skirmish event.
The simplicity of the weapons carried by Sauron’s orkish armies made them no less deadly.

1 Desolation and a Dragon Orc
Event • Shadow
Play an Orc minion; its twilight cost is -1 for each Sauron card you can spot. The Free Peoples player may add 2 threats to prevent any cost reduction for that minion.
“‘The Dragon Sauron might use with terrible effect. Often I said to myself: ‘I must find some means of dealing with Smaug....We must disturb Sauron’s plans.’’”

1 Dragon-fire Orc
Condition
Bearer must be a Dragon. Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is an archer.
Archery: Exert bearer and discard this condition to make the minion archery total +2.
“Soon he would set all the shoreland woods ablaze and wither every field and pasture.”

4 Dragon-spell Orc
Event • Response
Search. Toil 2.
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, spot a Dragon to add a burden for each threat you can spot (limit 3).
“Whenever Smaug’s roving eye, seeking for him in the shadows, flashed across him, he trembled, and an unaccountable desire seized hold of him to rush out and reveal himself and tell all the truth to Smaug.”

0 Forgive Me, And My Pride Orc
Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, exert 2 Orc or Sauron minions (or exert an Orc or Sauron minion twice) to prevent that wound and make him or her put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“Isildur turned west, and drawing up the Ring that hung in a wallet from a fine chain about his neck, he set it upon his finger with a cry of pain, and was never seen again by any eye upon Middle-earth.”

0 Further Vengeance To Take Orc
Event • Shadow
Search. You may add 1 to play this event during the maneuver or assignment phase.
Play a Dragon or an Orc or Moria Orc from hand. Its twilight cost is -1 for each of the following Free Peoples races you can spot: Dwarf, Hobbit, Man.
If the minion played is Smaug, he is strength +1 until the regroup phase for each of the following races you can spot in the fellowship: Dwarf, Hobbit, Man.
“‘They shall see me and remember who is the real King under the Mountain!’”

1 Glum and Wet and Muttering Orc
Event • Maneuver
Weather. To play, spot a weather condition.
Spot 2 companions of the same race to make the Free Peoples player choose to exert one of them.
“Then the rain began to pour down worse than ever, and Óin and Glóin began to fight.”

2 Grim Servants of Barad-dûr Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Orcs.
Skirmish: Discard a Sauron, Moria, or Orc skirmish event from hand to make each Orc strength +1 until the regroup phase.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard each Orc or this condition.
“There was not only cunning in the attack, but fierce and relentless hatred.”

5 Keen-Eyed Orcs Orc
Minion • Orc
Site: 6
Archer. Fierce.
“They halted briefly, preparing their assault. First they let fly a hail of arrows....”

2Laden With Rain Orc
Condition • Support Area
Weather. To play, exert an Orc.
Each time the fellowship moves to a river, spot another weather condition to make each companion exert.
Regroup: Spot 3 Orcs and discard this condition to make the move limit for this turn -1 (to a minimum of 1).
“The rain lasted for four days; so when they came to the entrance to the Vales, between Lórien and Amon Lanc, Isildur turned away from the Anduin, swollen with swift water....”

3Many Sorties Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Orc or Sauron minions.
Each time you play an Orc or a companion is killed, add an Orc token here.
Archery: Discard this condition to make the minion archery +1 for every 2 tokens here (limit +3).
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make an Orc strength +1 for each token here (limit +8 ).
“There in the valley of Gorgoroth Anárion son of Elendil was slain, and many others.”

3 More To Come Yet Orc
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Remove a threat to play a Troll stacked here as if played from hand.
Maneuver: Spot 2 minions stacked here and discard this condition to capture a companion.
Regroup: If there are fewer than 2 cards stacked here, spot your Orc Troll to stack that minion here.
“‘...we’d best get out of the light.’”

2 Morgul Aggressor Orc
Minion • Orc
This minion is strength +1 for each other Orc and Sauron Orc you can spot (limit +5).
Even when seemingly defeated, the minions of Sauron would somehow rally enough to launch an offensive.

6Morgul Champion Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 12
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While Morgul Champion is the only minion assigned to a skirmish, he is strength +4 (and fierce until the regroup phase)
Veterans of combat were few in the days of the Last Alliance, but those who had seem combat with men and elves and dwarves still lived for good reason.

4 Morgul Defender Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Fierce. Hunter 1.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may exert it to wound a character in that skirmish.
Though most of Sauron’s defenders were little more than an army of pests, the Dark Lord’s protection became more and more difficult the farther the Last Alliance advanced.

2 Morgul Harasser Orc
Minion • Orc
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may exert an Orc Orc and spot an unbound companion to make this minion participate in an additional skirmish phase with that companion.
So fierce were Sauron’s forces that despite grievous losses, through sheer numbers they were able to wear down the powerful warriors of the Last Alliance.

22 Morgul Horde Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 18
Damage +2. Fierce.
This minion’s twilight cost is -2 for each Orc Orc, Sauron Orc, and threat you can spot.
A literal sea of Orcs stood between Elendil and Gil-galad’s army and the Dark Lord Sauron.

2 Morgul Provoker Orc
Minion • Orc
Assignment: Exert this minion to assign it to an unbound companion. Unless you spot 6 companions, the Free Peoples player may exert a companion to prevent this.
Suicidal Orcs would literally throw themselves at the soldiers of the Last Alliance.

3 Morgul Taunter Orc
Minion • Orc
Lurker.
This minion is strength +1 for each companion that is not assigned to a skirmish.
Orcs who lived long enough would hurl insults at their foes until a Man or Elf took the time to silence them.

2 Morgul Vermin Orc
Minion • Orc
Skirmish: Exert this minion to wound a character it is skirmishing.
Even Orcs that fell quickly on the Dagorland were often able to draw blood.

2 Mountain Ambusher Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 2. Hunter 1.
While the fellowship is at a battleground or mountain site, you may play this minion any time you could play an assignment event.
“But Isildur was overwhelmed by a host of Orcs that lay in wait in the Misty Mountains....”

2 Mountain Assailant Orc
Minion • Orc
Vitality: 1
Archer. Ambush 1.
Archery: Spot 2 other Orc cards, discard this minion, and remove 2 to make the minion archery total +1 for each exhausted companion you can spot (limit +3).
“Then the Orcs saw him as he laboured in the stream, and they shot him with many arrows, and that was his end.”

3 Mountain Tracker Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 1. Hunter 1.
When you play this minion, spot another Orc minion to make the Free Peoples player add 2 or discard a card from hand.
While the fellowship is at a river or mountain site, you may play this minion any time you could play an assignment event.
“...but the Orcs hunted him by scent and slot, until he came to the River and plunged in.”

0 No Longer Secret Orc
Event • Maneuver
Exert Smaug twice (or once if the current site is at a mountain or battleground site) to replace the fellowship’s current site with a site from your adventure deck. If the fellowship’s current site has a printed site number, you may only play a site with the same site number.
“‘Old Smaug had lived there long enough now to find out anything there is to know about those caves.’”

2 Orc of the Mountains Orc
Minion • Orc
While this minion is at a mountain site, it is strength +1.
While this minion is at an underground site, it is strength +1.
“There was not only cunning in the attack, but fierce and relentless hatred.”

1 Orkish Bow Orc
Bearer must be an Orc.
Archery: Exert bearer and spot 2 other Orc or Sauron minions to make bearer an archer until the regroup phase.
“...they laid siege to it for seven years, and suffered grievous loss by fire and by the darts and bolts of the Enemy....”

5 Orkish War-cries Orc
Event • Assignment
Toil 1.
Remove a threat to make each Orc at a battleground or mountain gain hunter 1 and fierce until the regroup phase.
“Suddenly as the sun plunged into cloud they heard the hideous cries of Orcs, and saw them issuing from the Forest and moving down the slopes....”

2 Prepared Assault Orc
Event • Archery or Skirmish
Make each Orc archer and Orc with ambush strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“First they let fly a hail of arrows, and then suddenly with a great shout they did as Isildur would have done, and hurled a great mass of their chief warriors down the last slop against the Dúnedain, expecting to break up their shield-wall.”

3 Poisoned Arrows Orc
Possession • Arrow
Bearer must be an Orc archer.
Archery: Discard this possession to make the minion archery total +2.
Regroup: Discard this possession and exert bearer to wound a companion.
The Orcs of the Misty Mountains often tipped their crude arrows with various poisons to ensure a quick kill. Such was the case with the first victim of the One Ring’s seduction.

2 Reckless Ferocity Orc
Event • Skirmish
Place X wounds on your Orcs to make the Free Peoples player place X wounds on companions (limit 4).
“Men were falling; for some of the greater Orcs leaped up, two at a time, and dead or alive with their weight bore down a Dúnadan, so that other strong claws could drag him out and slay him.”

1 Reckless In His Rage Orc
Event • Archery
Exert a Dragon or an Orc archer any number of times to either make the minion archery total +1 for each exertion or to make the fellowship archery total -2 for each exertion.
“Then down he swooped straight through the arrow-storm...taking no heed to turn his scaly sides towards his foes, seeking only to set their town ablaze.”

1Roar and Rumble of His Fury Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
Shadow: Exert Smaug twice and remove (X) to discard X Free Peoples cards (except companions and allies). Discard this condition.
“He was breaking rocks to pieces, smashing wall and cliff with the lashings of his huge tail, till their little lofty camping ground, the scorched grass, the thrush’s stone, the snail-covered walls, the narrow ledge, and all disappeared in a jumble of smithereens, and an avalanche of splintered stones fell over the cliff into the valley below.”

2 Sack Orc
Possession
Bearer must be Bert, Tom, or William. Limit 1 per bearer.
At the end of the assignment phase, you may discard this possession to capture an unassigned companion. Bearer may not be assigned to a skirmish until the end of the turn.
Regroup: Exert bearer twice and discard this possession to capture a companion.
“...before Balin, who was wondering where in all this commotion Bilbo was, knew what was happening, a sack was over his head, and he was down.”

14Smaug, Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities Orc
Minion • Dragon
Vitality: 6
Site: 9
Damage +1. Fierce. Hunter 2.
Smaug’s twilight cost is -1 for each site you control.
Smaug may not take wounds during the archery phase (except from special abilities) and may not bear possessions.
Smaug is strength +2 for each threat you can spot (limit +6).
“‘My armour is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!’”

15Smaug, Last of the Great Fire-drakes Orc
Minion • Dragon
Strength: 17
Vitality: 6
Site: 9
Damage +2.
Smaug’s twilight cost is -1 for each threat you spot and site you control (limit -8 ).
Smaug may not take wounds during the archery phase (except from special abilities) and may not bear possessions.
Archery: Exert Smaug to make the minion archery total +1 (limit +3).
“Fire leaped from the dragon’s jaws....the trees by the shores shone like copper and like blood with leaping shadows of dense black at their feet.”

2 Terrific Flames Orc
Event • Archery
Spot a Dragon and remove X threats to make the minion archery total +X.
“...the nostrils sent forth fire and vapour to pursue him, and he was nearly overcome, and stumbled blindly on in great pain and fear.”

2 That’ll Teach ‘Em Orc
Event • Response
If a Troll wins a skirmish, assign it to a companion in that skirmish again (and add 1 if that companion is a Dwarf). The Free Peoples player may exert that companion to prevent this.
“Trolls simply detest the very sight of dwarves (uncooked).”

3 The Devastation of Dale Orc
Event • Assignment
Toil 1.
Assign an Orc minion to an unbound Man. If that Man has resistance less than 4, you may exert a Man.
“‘Later he used to crawl out of the great gate and come by night to Dale, and carry away people, especially maidens, to eat, until Dale was ruined, and all the people dead or gone.’”

3 The Gathering of the Clouds Orc
Event • Maneuver
Weather.
Exert a Dragon or a Moria Orc to make the Free Peoples player choose to either add 2 burdens or 2 threats.
“Still more suddenly a darkness came on with dreadful swiftness! A black cloud hurried over the sky. Winter thunder on a wild wind rolled roaring up and rumbled in the Mountain, and lightning lit its peak.”

1Threat Of Oncoming Winter Orc
Condition • Support Area
Weather. To play, exert an Orc minion.
Each time the fellowship moves from a sanctuary, dwelling, or underground site, you may remove X threats to exert X companions.
Maneuver: Play a weather event from your draw deck. Discard this condition.
“A bitter easterly breeze blew....It swirled over and round the arms of the Mountain into the valley, and sighed among the rocks. After their long time in the stewing depths of the dragon-haunted caverns, they shivered in the sun.”

2Three Very Large Persons Orc
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Orc token here for each Troll you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and an Orc token from this condition to make a Troll strength +1 (or +2 if that Troll is Bert, Tom, or William) for each other Troll you can spot.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Troll or this condition.
“But they were trolls. Obviously trolls. Even Bilbo, in spite of his sheltered life, could see that: from the great heavy faces of them, and their size, and the shape of their legs, not to mention their language, which was not drawing-room fashion at all, at all.”

2 Troll’s Purse Orc
Possession
Bearer must be Bert, Tom, or William. Limit 1 per bearer.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, the Free Peoples player must add a threat or exert a companion or ally in that skirmish.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent that wound.
“Trolls’ purses are the mischief, and this was no exception.”

8Tom, Booby Orc
Minion • Troll
Lurker.
Tom’s twilight cost is -2 for each Troll you can spot.
While you can spot a Hobbit and a Dwarf, Tom is fierce.
While you can spot more Dwarves than Trolls, each Troll is fierce (or damage +1 if that Troll is already fierce).
“‘There’s more to come yet, or I’m mighty mistook. Lots and none at all, it is. No burra-hobbits, but lots of these here dwarves.’”

8Tom, Grumbler Orc
Minion • Troll
Lurker.
Tom’s twilight cost is -2 for each Troll you can spot.
Each time a Troll wins a skirmish, you may exert Tom twice to exert a character in that skirmish.
Each time a Troll loses a skirmish, you may exert Tom to add 1.
“‘Never a blinking bit of manflesh have we had for long enough....and the drink runnin’ short, what’s more.’”

1 We Can Do Nothing Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing an Orc minion strength -2 (or -3 if that companion has resistance 2 or less).
“‘They will be slain, and all our ponies too, and all our stores lost....’”

2 Weapons Were Flung Down Orc
Event • Skirmish
Play at the start of a skirmish involving your Orc minion. If that minion wins that skirmish, remove a threat to discard all weapons borne by a companion in that skirmish.
“Already men were jumping into the water on every side....”

1 What Are Yer? Orc
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Troll to choose one: add 1 for each Free Peoples race you can spot; or discard a follower.
“‘A burrahobbit?’ ‘What’s a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?’ ‘And can yer cook ‘em?’”

9William, Bill Huggins Orc
Minion • Troll
Damage +1.
William’s twilight cost is -2 for each Troll you can spot.
Shadow: If at a forest, marsh, or mountain site, exert William to replace the current site with your own site of the same number.
Maneuver: Exert William and discard an Orc card from hand to play an Orc possession on a Troll.
“‘You’ve et a village and a half between yer, since we come down from the mountains. How much more d’yer want?’”

9William, Fat Fool Orc
Minion • Troll
Lurker. Damage +1.
William’s twilight cost is -1 for each Troll you can spot (or -2 if that Troll is Bert or Tom).
Response: If a Free Peoples card makes you discard a card (except a minion) from hand or from play, exert William twice and discard a card from hand to capture an unbound character.
Response: If a Troll wins a skirmish, exert William twice to capture a character in that skirmish.
“‘Blimey, Bert, look what I’ve copped!’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sun May 27, 2007 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards