LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NBarden
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:29 am
Glamdring wrote:
The reason I don’t have IB in my deck, is ’cuz my deck mostly focuses upon wounding.

3x IB would be better than 3x Gondorian Blade, if only for the extra strength bonus vs roaming minions. Faramir’s Bow would be good, as would Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. And maybe sixth level w/ either third level or second level. The new Soldier’s Cache will be a must once it releases Very Happy. Fourth Level would be nice as well...’course, it requires two exertions.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:56 pm
All right, I modified my deck to what I wanted it to be. More advice about this version appreciated!

Ringbearer/Ring:
boromir, bearer of council
the one ring, the ring of rings

Free Peoples:
faramir, captain of gondor (Starting Fellowship)
aragorn, strider (Starting Fellowship)
gondorian prowler (Starting Fellowship)
madril, faramir’s aide (Starting Fellowship)
the saga of elendil
hardy garrison x3
sapling of the white tree x3
arrows thick in the air x3
gondorian blade x3
swordsman of the northern kingdom x3
ancient roads x3
might of numenor x2
much needed rest x2
houses of healing
boromir, my brother
ranger’s bow x3
gondor bowmen
stewards’ legacy x2

Shadow:
ulaire otsea, black-mantled wraith x2
ulaire nertea, black-mantled wraith x2
ulaire otsea, seventh of the nine riders
morgul lurker x4
morgul ambusher x4
morgul creeper x3
morgul squealer
gothmog, morgul commander x2
streaming to the field x4
there came a cry x3
flung into the fray x2
gollum, nasty treacherous creature
captured by the ring x3
fat one wants it
heavy burden

Sites:
[3]Trollshaw Forest
[3]North Undeep
[3]city of kings
[2]hobbiton market
[1]pelennor flat
[1]slag mounds
[0]anduin banks
[0]doors of durin
[0]crags of emyn muil

Notes:
I took out pippin, wearer of black and silver so I could stick in the stewards’ legacy which might help quite a bit, but if you play against a lot of archery, take out a sapling of the white and put Pip in his place. Also, I might want to put in more gondor bowmen, so what cards should I take out? Arrows thick in the air creams minions combined with stewards’ legacy, and makes ulaire enquea, thrall of the one useless. You can also exert Boromir and Faramir with ranger’s bow to make it even worse for the shadow player. Notes on the shadow side: Instead of those nazuls that didn’t do much except win skirmishes in my first version, I decided to make them more useful, so that’s why I stuck in ulaire otsea, black-mantled wraith, and ulaire nertea, black-mantled wraith. Works a lot better with the Morgul archers. Also note that when combined with there came a cry, you can set up really quickly and bomb him with archers (mostly morgul lurker and morgul ambusher). It’s cool. Sites: Oh, about the sites, trollshaw forest helps with drawing cards since my rangers have a ton of posessions. I should really replace north undeep with something else, but it helps against archery since I don’t have pippin, wearer of black and silver. What site would you reccomend replacing it with? city of kings draws cards, hobbiton market helps double-move, pelennor flat adds burdens for morgul creeper’s game text, slag mounds in the case of killing companions, anduin banks a must for archery decks, doors of durin helps me win a few skirmishes, and crags of emyn muil either helps my archery, or prevents double moving if I’m the shadow player (mind you though, your opponent might use this against you! But of course if you have a might of numenor in your hand, take the risk!).

Any advice appreciated!

-Glamdring-

Note: I was wondering what other shadow side would work well with this deck. Have any ideas?
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think from what i see of the strategy, add more gondor bowmen. Aragorn’s bow, possible either version of faramir’s.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:05 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I think from what i see of the strategy, add more gondor bowmen. Aragorn’s bow, possible either version of faramir’s.

Thanks for the tip! The problem is, I don’t know what cards to take out... Mad
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded