LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Pywils
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:11 pm
Elf, Man, and Dwarf archery, but a little different. we replaced the man and elf

The key to this deck is killing everything before the archery phase. The way I do this is wait once they get more opponents then I have the fellowship archery total explodes to 5, at the least, (assuming I have Gimli’s Battle Axe). Then everything else just explodes. Quick as May Be is simply an AMAZING card and destroys, which Nocked helps, and then Double Shot, and Baruk Khazad. Hand Axe’s are excellent, and then Elven Marksmanship (which I played free thanks to allies) kills everyone. Unfotunately, this deck has a hard time with Beat-Down decks, and the skirmish phase is pretty hard. A Grey Ship, Farewell to Lorien, Galadriel, and Friends of Old keep you alive.

37 cards

Starting Fellowship
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, the Ring of Rings
•Gildor Inglorion, Of the House of Finrod
•Brand, King of Dale

Events (1Cool
Double Shot (1)(for obvious resons)
Quick As May Be (4) (amazing wounding card)
Swan-ship of the Galadhrim (3) (used either for suiciding, or for their archery)
Farewell to Lórien (2) (important healing)
Nocked (2) (key wounds)
A Grey Ship (more healing)
Baruk Khazad (3) (another good wounding card)
Friends of Old (1): lets you use Rumil and Orophin some more.
Reckless We Rode

Allies (6)
•Rúmil, Elven Protector (2)
•Orophin, Lórien Bowman (2)
•Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood (2) (only reason is for healing)

Artifacts (1)
Nenya (1) (gives Galadriel more vitality, helps cycling)

Possessions (Cool:
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon (2) ( more archery)
Ring of Fury (1)
Hand Axe (2)
Elven Bow (2)
Heavy Chain

Conditions: (4)
Elven Marksmanship (2) (waste Galadriel’s vitality for these toils)
Shake Off the Shadow
Take up the Bow
please review
Last edited by Pywils on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:21 pm
Sweet! I always wanted to build a 3 companion mega archery choke with Brand and Gildor Inglorian. But I never got around to it. Anyway, if you get swarmed, each companion is an archer AND Brand throws up the archery total. Each minion gets wounded! Good-bye Dunland and Moria. (Except for hides and pinned down...). And then Elven Marksmanship, Quick as may Be, and Baruk Khazad?

Anyway, nice deck. I would think that maybe Take up the Bow would be good, since you have rumil and orophin, and maybe an elven bow for Galadriel. That way by simply discarding the condition and spotting all your allies, you discard a big minion. You gotta admit that this deck has no protection against Shelob, who would easily kill off both Gildor Inglorian and Brand, or a couple allies. Also, Sword of the Fallen does wonders for archer, and maybe a coat of mail or heavy chain just in case...Blood runs Chill can knock out Dunland hides, Moria pinned down. Wraith wreathed in shadow. Isengard their arrows enrage, etc.

GP

P.S. I think Galadriel is xd. I’ll have to check...

EDIT:She is xd. This deck should have been placed in open.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Pywils
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:38 pm
sorry about that galadriel. thanks for the review anyway. And ya Ninja Gollum does absoltuetly KILL this deck, i played it yesterday and I WAS DEAD by site 4. Gildor never became an archer, so i had hand clog with double shot, and much more.
I guess i’ll add a pair of Take up the Bow along with the Elven Bow, and Sword of the Fallen and maybe Blood runs Chill, or Pallando, Far Travelling One as you suggested, but i need something to take out.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:16 pm
I was also thinking, if your running this in open format because the galadriel is xd, might as well throw in an extra Flaming Brand. Strength +2 always, strength +6 damage +2 vs Nazgul, no wonder it was restricted... Very Happy
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:13 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
preatty nice, i would think of adding mirkwood bowmen or break the charge two nice cards or reckless we rode would work
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 pm
Break the Charge wouldn’t work, because it requires Elven companions, not elves.

I like Reckless we rode, because that would strengthen this deck vs. Ninja Gollum. Precision fire on Gollum, no wounds on Shelob...
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:55 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
also, Shake Off the Shadow is the perfedt card for this deck and Taking the High Ground would be nice to bet rid of any allys that are clogging your hand
Pywils
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:21 am
thanks guys for the replies, and i can see a lot of the cards working excellently, but if i do add them the deck size grows bigger then already
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:44 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK lets see here. Flaming brand isn’t really necessary, I would just use coat of mail if you are worried about him skirmishing.(or heavy chain). Personally just in case gildor doesn’t become an archer, I would add an elven bow or 2, so that you can still use the double shot. ok for cutting, I would cut a delving(if you have cards to make sure you set up fast, just cut the cards, and you will set up faster). unless you add elven bows, maybe one less double shot.. Possible could cut a galadriel.
otherwise looks good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pywils
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:06 pm
thanks sop, its done

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open