LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Relentless Warg?

5 (best)  
100%
  [ 13 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
Cobra
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:44 am
If you thought the other two Rise of Saruman wargs were good, check out this newly-spoiled card! Very Happy

This card lacks the raw stats of Vicious Warg or the combo-enabling functionality of Threatening Warg, but more than makes up for it with a terrific ability. Against single-race fellowships, the mounted Orc will always skirmish at strength +3 and damage +1. Other fellowships will, at the very least, be forced to make some difficult choices about skirmish assignments.

Relentless Warg provides another great reason to try out the new post-Rise of Saruman warg decktype, and within that deck I think he’ll often be the star of the show. He puts the extremely powerful Vicious Warg to shame. This may be the most enthusiastic five-star rating I’ve given all set! Dancing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:43 am
Nice! This may be one of the best cards of the set. Thumbs Up

With that damage bonus and the +5 strength, you may not even need to abuse the abilities of Scouting Orc and Veteran War Chief. Even better, play the Warg on one of them, and then if they assign him to a slightly weaker companion you can just pass and save his vitality for the fierce skirmish, grabbing you 2 easy kills.

Also keep in mind that Relentless Warg can play on both Scouting Orc and Veteran War Chief, while Vicious Warg can’t play on the Chief.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:39 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Holy Snikeys! Surprised
That card is awesome.
It looks like Orc wargs are gonna be way better then those Isengard ones ever were. Basically this card is a cost 3 Strength +5, vitality +2, and damage +1.
WOW.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:00 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow. All that for only 3 twilight. Wow.

The only weakness I can see is against a rainbow fellowship, where the FP player could assign a strong companion of a different race than the "targeted" one and cut out the best text. But still, that’s a very powerful Warg. I give it a 5.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:13 pm
Great card. Scouting orc? Good idea. Use his vitality to make him essentially damage +2, enough to kill lmost anyone, or damage +3, where they start using possessions to beef up companion’s vitality. (except Ent Horde...)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Gillian
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:45 pm
This is third broken card in edition. This is too much even for Decipher.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:52 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Gillian wrote:
This is third broken card in edition. This is too much even for Decipher.

I understand your point, and I thought about that too. But I think that the card balances out--barely--because it’s not fantastic unless you skirmish a character of the race you named. The FP has plenty of ways to make sure a companion of a different race ends up being assigned instead, if they work at doing so.

I think it balances out. It will require some new strategies on the FP player’s part, but it’s not broken, I don’t think.

Just out of curiosity, what are theNOLINK other two you think are broken?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:01 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
This is AWESOME!! Wargs are back with a vengeance!!

Okay, did you realize that against Dwarves, Ents, and Rohan, this card will completely rock??? Unless the FP wants to assign this guy to the RB, he’ll be just incredible. For only three twilight, an incredible ability!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:04 pm
How does it rock vs. dwarves? Gimli RB...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Even better. Only one race to spot. So he’s guaranteed a bonus. Of course, you have to deal with Durin, but with two of these out...and Scouting Orc + this could take care of Durin easily.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion