LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:31 pm
thanks for the review SoP, and i got an idea last night for Nori, of the Lonely Mountain. i changed it so that it is somewhat like Shagrat, Captain of Cirith Ungol.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:

2 •Nori, of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1.
If this companion loses a skirmish, you may add a threat to wound a minion.
If This companion is about to be killed, remove all threats.

ok you said you changed him, so I thought i would drop by and review him again. make the second ability If this companion is about to be killed, exert another dwarf to remove all threats.(DON"T CAPITALIZE THIS WHEN IT ISN’T AT THE BEGINNING OF A SENTENCE! Smile) i like the first ability, but you might want to make it, boy how would you say it, unless that minion is skirmishing the ring-bearer? cause I don’t think you want to be able to wound minions skirmishing the rb. your Choice though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:45 pm
well Gimli, Skilled Defender can, with no cost, so with adding a threat and losing a skirmish, i think one wound to a minion skirmishing the ring-bearer is justafied.
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:
well Gimli, Skilled Defender can, with no cost, so with adding a threat and losing a skirmish, i think one wound to a minion skirmishing the ring-bearer is justafied.

no offense but he can’t. look at him again. Assigned to Skirmish an UNBOUND companion. I guess you could keep it as it is. get a second opinion.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:53 pm
oh yeah, whoops! but still, i think losing a skirmish and adding a threat is worth it. what about: (if that minion is skirmishing the ring bearer, exert it instead)???
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:54 pm
macheteman wrote:
oh yeah, whoops! but still, i think losing a skirmish and adding a threat is worth it. what about: (if that minion is skirmishing the ring bearer, exert it instead)???

as previously said. I would get a second opinion. I really can’t decide.
"DáinIronfoot"
macheteman
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:52 pm
2 •Ori, At Your Service Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 5
Response: If a maneuver or archery event is played, spot Bilbo wearing the One Ring, and exert Ori to cancel that event.
While you can spot Thorin, Ori is strength +2 and damage +1.

2 •Ori, In Despair He Wrote Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Regroup: Exert Ori to play a Dwarven tale from your discard pile. If that tale is the Book of Mazarbul, you may play it for free.
Maneuver or Regroup: Discard a Dwarven tale to exert a minion (or wound a minion if that tale is the Book of Mazarbul).

Notes: Ori was a Dwarf who was a great writer who wrote often in elvish. he wrote the last entry in the book of mazarbul: We cannot get out. The end comes ... drums, drums in the deep ... they are coming. in the battle in Moria he was one of the last to die, so he gets 4 vitality for a change of pace. he was also writing during the battle, and does not get an automatic damage +1. the second copy obviously relates closely with the book of mazarbul.
Last edited by macheteman on Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:32 am; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:24 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
macheteman wrote:
2 •Ori, At Your Service Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Response: If a maneuver or archery event is played, you may spot Bilbo wearing the One Ring, and exert Ori to cancel that event.
While you can spot Thorin, Ori is strength +2 and damage +1.

Yeah, that works. He’s a beast with even just Thorin around. I think you can safely get rid of "you may", though, as well as the comma between "Ring" and "and exert".

macheteman wrote:
2 •Ori, In Despair He Wrote Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Regroup: Exert Ori to play a Dwarven tale from your discard pile. if that tale is the Book of Mazarbul, you may play it for free.
Maneuver or Regroup: Discard the Book of Mazarbul to wound a minion.

Watch the capitalization again ("if").

I think his second ability should be less specific. Perhaps something like this:

Maneuver or Regroup: Discard a Dwarven tale to exert a minion (or wound a minion if that tale is the Book of Mazarbul).
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:30 am
EXCELLENT!! thanks DI. Can I call you DI?

-macheteman
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:15 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
macheteman wrote:
EXCELLENT!! thanks DI. Can I call you DI?

Hey, if I call you "mm", then anything is possible. Razz I think that would be a first, though. But sure...go for it.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards