LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:45 pm
macheteman wrote:
2 •Ori, In Despair He Wrote Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 5
Regroup: Exert Ori to play a Dwarven tale from your discard pile. If that tale is the Book of Mazarbul, you may play it for free.
Maneuver or Regroup: Discard a Dwarven tale to exert a minion (or wound a minion if that tale is the Book of Mazarbul).

I like it, but there was the problem with Galadriel, Lady of Light. While this is significantly less powerful than Galadriel, free is very open-ended. We might understand what you mean, but a numeric amount might work better (even an arbitrarily large one for the card’s cost)

For example:
Regroup: Exert Ori to play a Dwarven tale from your discard pile. If that tale is the book of mazarbul, its twilight cost is -9.

(I’m not sure the most it could possibly cost, so you may want to up it even further...
macheteman
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:03 pm
hmm, an interesting idea. But i don’t know the maximum cost it could be. what does everyone else think about this?

anyway, here comes Bifur.

2 •Bifur, At Your Service Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
While you can spot Bilbo and a burden, Bifur is resistance +2.
Skirmish: Spot Thorin and exert Bifur twice to make Bifur or Bilbo strength +X where X is Bifur’s resistance (limit once per phase.)

2 •Bifur, Descendent of Moria Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Defender +1.
If you can spot a Troll Bifur is strength +3.
Each time you play a Barrel possession, you may remove a threat.
Last edited by macheteman on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
thonnas7
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:29 pm
macheteman wrote:
hmm, an interesting idea. But i don’t know the maximum cost it could be. what does everyone else think about this?

anyway, here comes Bifur.

2 •Bifur, At Your Service Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
While you can spot Bilbo and a burden, Bifur is resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Thorin and Bifur to make Bifur or Bilbo strength +X where X is Bifur’s resistance.

I’m not too fond, of the subtitle, but I won’t nitpick it. Also, the skirmish ability it way to strong. Assuming his text, four exertions (on two different companions, and imagine two endurance of dwarves on each) you could make Bifur or Bilbo strength +24. WAY too strong.

2 •Bifur, Descendent of Moria Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Defender +1.
If you can spot a Troll Bifur is strength +5.
Each time you play a Barrel possession, you may remove a threat.

[color=blue]How is he a descendent of Moria, if Moria doesn’t exist yet? Just food for thought. You need a comma, after Troll. Also, strength +5 is too much. +3 should suffice.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:41 pm
thanks for the review. first, Moria had existed before the hobbit, and then balin went back to re-establish a colony there. bifur was a descendant of the dwarves who were originally in moria.

i see what you mean about the skirmish ability being too strong, what if i changed it to:

Skirmish: Spot Thorin and exert Bifur twice to make Bifur or Bilbo strength +X where X is Bifur’s resistance (limit once per phase.)

this way, while still spotting Thorin, more exertions go on a single companion, and it is limited. Oh, and the sub-title is in a whole line of these dwarves that key off of bilbo and thorin.

i’ll change the second one to strength +3.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:33 pm
ok, a break from the dwarf companions to bring this Arkenstone. it is the same one i used in my contest.

2 •The Arkenstone Dwarven
Artifact • Stone
To play exert a Dwarf.
Bearer must be a Dwarven companion.
If bearer is the Ring-Bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him you may remove a burden or a threat.
If bearer is not the Ring-Bearer, each time a possession is played on a Dwarf, you may add a threat to heal that dwarf.
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:07 pm
ok, here we go with bofur.

3 •Bofur, At Your Service Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
At the start of the fellowship phase you may spot Bilbo and add a threat to heal Bofur.
While you can spot Thorin, he and Bofur are resistance +2.

3 •Bofur, Brother to Bombur Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Response: If a Dwarf is about to take a wound, exert Bofur and add 1 to prevent that wound.
Maneuver: Exert Bofur to remove a threat (or two threats if you have initiative).
Last edited by macheteman on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:
ok, here we go with bofur.

Companion • Dwarf
Resistance: 7
At the start of the fellowship phase you may spot Bilbo and add a threat to heal Bofur.
While you can spot Thorin, they are both resistance +2.
the wording is a little unclear maybe thorin, Bofur and thorin are...

Companion • Dwarf
Response: If a Dwarf is about to take a wound exert Bofur to prevent that wound.
Maneuver: Exert Bofur to remove a threat (or two threats if you have initiative).

how about exert bofur and add 1 for the first ability?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:31 pm
i suppose you mean 1 twilight, and i think that is a great idea. i’ll make the change.
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
While you can spot Thorin, Bofur and Thorin are resistance +2.

Might sound a little better to say "While you can spot Thorin, he and Bofuer are both resistance +2."

Between that and the healing with Bilbo, Bofur could be a tough little Dwarf to kill! I’d lower the resistance for both versions to 6 or maybe even 5. Not many companions have 7+ resistance, anyway.

macheteman wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Response: If a Dwarf is about to take a wound exert Bofur and add 1 to prevent that wound.

Again, the resistance seems a tad high. Add a comma after the first "wound". Other than that, though, he looks pretty darn good.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:29 pm
ok, he will have his resistance lowered. and i’ll fix the grammar junk.

thanks for the review.
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards