LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:03 pm
4 •Thorin Oakenshield, At Nobodies Service Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 4
Toil 1. Damage +1.
Bilbo and each Dwarf is Strength +1.
Skirmish: Spot Bilbo, and exert Thorin, to make a minion skirmishing Bilbo or a Dwarf lose a keyword, and not able to regain that keyword until the regroup phase.

4 •Thorin Oakenshield, Son of Thrain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Toil 1. Damage +1.
While Thorin bears an artifact, he is damage +2.
When you play an artifact on Thorin, you may exert him to draw a card or to take a Dwarven event into hand from your discard pile.

Notes: Thorin was a dwarf who, while not being a burden like Bombur, still had a hard personality. that is the reason for giving him the toil keyword. he was also a tough dwarf and a leader. that is the reason he can get damage +2, or give bilbo and all other dwarves strength +2.

-macheteman
Last edited by macheteman on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:53 am; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:31 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Toil 1. Damage +1.
Bilbo and each other Dwarf is Strength +2.
Skirmish: Spot Bilbo, and exert Thorin, to make a minion skirmishing Bilbo or a Dwarf lose a keyword, and not able to regain that keyword until the regroup phase.

Okay, definately time to drop the "service" thing for Thorin’s subtitle. Razz

With the toil, I think his strength should be 8. Either that or include him in his own strength boosting text.

The skirmish ability is neat, but I think it’s too much with that perma-strength boost. Reduce the boost from +2 to +1 and it might be okay.

macheteman wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Toil 1. Damage +1.
When you play an artifact on Thorin, you may exert him to draw a card or to take a Dwarven event into hand from your diascard pile.

Whoa whoa. His artifact text would make him a total of damage +3, which isn’t what I think you were going for. Change that +2 to a +1 and I think it would work out as you intended.

He’s pretty specific, but since the other version has nice text, I think that’s okay. I’d be tempted to use one or the other depending on my deck.

macheteman wrote:
Notes: Thorin was a dwarf who, while not being a burden like Bombur, still had a hard personality. that is the reason for giving him the toil keyword. he was also a tough dwarf and a leader. that is the reason he can get damage +2, or give bilbo and all other dwarves strength +2.

But why is his resistance so low? I can see it being lower than some, but I think 5 should be the bare minimum.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Toil 1. Damage +1.
Bilbo and each other Dwarf is Strength +2.
thats incredibly good. I think you need to make him cost 5, that first ability is simply killer.

Companion • Dwarf
Toil 1. Damage +1.
When you play an artifact on Thorin, you may exert him to draw a card or to take a Dwarven event into hand from your diascard pile.
-macheteman

misspelled discard Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:52 am
Thanks for the reviews!

the first ability of the first version will be reduced, and i will include him in the effects of that ability.

on the second one, i was intending for him to be able to reach damage +3, mostly to counter the fact that he was so specific (and he also won’t benefit from the strength boost like his other version). what i’d really like to know is if that is too powerful? and i’ll fix "discard"...

the reason i gave him 4 resistance, (and i meant to mention this) was because he was rather greedy, but if you think five is better, it will certainly be changed.

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:02 am
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Toil 1. Damage +1.
Bilbo and each Dwarf is Strength +1.

Kinda specific...

Companion • Dwarf
Toil 1. Damage +1.
When you play an artifact on Thorin, you may exert him to draw a card or to take a Dwarven event into hand from your discard pile.

Nice. Ring of fury = damage +5! And that means HE OWNS! Honed, anybody?[b]

Notes: Thorin was a dwarf who, while not being a burden like Bombur, still had a hard personality. that is the reason for giving him the [b]toil
keyword. he was also a tough dwarf and a leader. that is the reason he can get damage +2, or give bilbo and all other dwarves strength +2.

-macheteman
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:07 pm
thanks, and the first thorin is supposed to be specific to a certain dwarf strategy.

yeah, i sort of had damage dwarves in mind with the second version.
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:09 am
5 •Orcrist, The Twin Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Resistance: +2
Toil 2. Bearer gains Muster.
Bearer must be Thorin.
Each time Thorin wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat, or add a threat to discard a condition.

Notes: the toil is there for players who believe dwarf possessions should always be low-costed. and while it can be low-costed, it takes two exertions to get it lower than the cost of gimli’s battle axe.
Last edited by macheteman on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 am
macheteman wrote:
4 •Orcrist, The Twin Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Toil 1. Muster.
Bearer must be Thorin or Gandalf.
If bearer is Thorin, each time He wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat, or add a threat to discard a condition.

Dwarven Possessions should always be low costed. Wink Anyway, maybe make it 3 or 5/toil 2. Kinda powerful, but so is Heavy Axe...and the fact that its unique and can only be borne by Thorin or Gandalf.

Notes: while orcrist was thorin’s sword, gandalf retrived it back from the goblins and faught with it in the tunnels. so, while gandalf gets a good strength and resistance boost, but doesn’t benefit from the full power of the card. the toil is there for players who believe dwarf possessions should always be low-costed. and while it can be low-costed, it takes two exertions to get it to the cost of gimli’s battle axe.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:13 am
thanks, i revised the toil and twilight.
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:46 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
macheteman wrote:
5 •Orcrist, The Twin Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Toil 2. Muster.
Bearer must be Thorin or Gandalf.
If bearer is Thorin, each time He wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat, or add a threat to discard a condition.

Actually, Gandalf did NOT bear Orcrist. He bore Glamdring during the entire rescue, and Thorin retrieved (and used) Orcrist himself in the scuffle.

That all being said, I think this is fine. I wouldn’t allow Gandalf to bear it, personally, but I guess there’s nothing WRONG with it, per se.

The one change that needs to be made is in muster. It needs to say "Bearer gains muster." The sword itself has muster right now, so that’s not right.

Also, "He" shouldn’t be capitalized.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards