LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:02 pm
yes, you are correct, again Dain. i’ll make some changes.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:
5 •Orcrist, The Twin Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Resistance: +2
Toil 2. Bearer gains Muster.
Bearer must be Thorin.
Each time Thorin wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat, or add a threat to discard a condition.

OK one. make it damage +1 instead of muster IMO. 2. Just make it add a threat IK what you are getting at but i think this is better..
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:02 pm
you mean just have: each time thorin wins a skirmish, you may add a threat to discard a condition.

if this is what you mean, the reson for having both of them is this: it can be effective no matter what kind of shadow you are facing. if you are up against a threat deck, it removes threats, if not, it can discard conditions, and can keep you from maxing out the threats. the muster was there so that thorin, while being generally geared toward damage, can also beuseful in a cycling deck as a powerful companion.

let me know if you still think i should make changes, and i’ll try to get some feedback from others as well.
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sorry I misunderstood it. I thought you could remove a threat to discard a condition. I guess muster could stay. though damage seems well, better eared towards orcrist.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:09 pm
ok, thanks. and you are right, generally damage goes with weapons, especially dwarf weapons, but since this is a special sword, (and the only Dwarven sword) i thought i’d try to be unique with the muster ability.

-mm
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:06 pm
ok, well, like i said, i’m focusing on characters, (and some possessions) so i’ll get into the Shire culture now with:

0 •Bilbo’s Handkerchief Shire
Possession
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Fellowship: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to heal a Hobbit or a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to reveal an opponent’s hand.
Regroup: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to discard a shadow card. Any shadow player may remove 3 to prevent this.
Last edited by macheteman on Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
thonnas7
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:31 pm
macheteman wrote:
ok, well, like i said, i’m focusing on characters, (and some possessions) so i’ll get into the Shire culture now with:

Possession
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Fellowship: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to heal a Hobbit or a Dwarf.
Manuever: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to reveal an opponent’s hand.
Skirmish: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to cancel a skirmish involving Bilbo. Any shadow player may remove 1 to prevent this.
Regroup: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to discard a shadow card. Any shadow player may remove 3 to prevent this.

Honestly, I think there is too much text. I like the idea though. GP for you.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:32 pm
yeah, i was worried about that. which one(s) should i remove?
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:34 pm
macheteman wrote:

Possession
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Manuever: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to reveal an opponent’s hand.
Skirmish: Exert Bilbo and discard this possession to cancel a skirmish involving Bilbo. Any shadow player may remove 1 to prevent this.

you misspelled maneuver. Cut one of the abilities. otherwise I doubt it would fit on a card.
"DáinIronfoot"
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:38 pm
alright, i’ll remove the skirmish one. a hankerchief doesn’t really help in a skirmish. the funny thing was that when i started making this card a had an ability for each phase. heheh, WAY too much text.
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards