LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:38 pm
Today, we introduce the Elven minions of the Dark Minions set. They focus on the realms of the elves - Rivendell, Lorien, and Mirkwood. Each has a specific specialty, but work very well when combined.

Keep in mind that very few Elven cards have lore currently, so if you have any that would fit, let me know. Very Happy

First up, we’ll visit Mirkwood. Hidden in the shadows of their home, these elves are dangerous opponents that strike unseen.

Our first elf is only seen as eyes in the darkness, if ever. They can draw their opponent’s wrath, and not be harmed.

2 Shadowed Elf Elven
Minion • Elf
4 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
Hunter 2.
While you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, this minion takes no more than 1 wound per phase.
Archery: Exert this minion to make the fellowship archery total -2 (limit -2).
DC70

The next is able to draw his opponents off their focus, watching in the shadows for the enemy’s first sign of weakness before striking.

3 Shadowed Hunter Elven
Minion • Elf
8 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
While you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, this minion may not take wounds (except during skirmish phases).
Non-Wraith companions skirmishing this minion lose hunter and cannot gain hunter.
DU71

The last card shows the elves striking back quickly from the shadows. In Mirkwood, the shadows make it virtually impossible to see who shot, preventing a counterattack.

1 Shadows of Mirkwood Elven
Event • Archery
Spot an Elven minion to make the minion archery total +1. If you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, make the fellowship archery total -1.
DR72
Last edited by BattleWarg on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:03 am; edited 10 times in totalOur time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:51 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
BattleWarg wrote:
1 Shadowed Elf Elven
Minion • Elf
4 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
While you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, this minion may only take 1 wound per phase.
DC70

Seems awfully specific, but his ability is nice. I’d increase his strength (perhaps through hunter, which would be particularly appropriate) and cost a bit so he’s not as useless outside of his ability.

BattleWarg wrote:
3 Shadowed Hunter Elven
Minion • Elf
4 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
While you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, Shadowed Hunter may not take wounds (except during skirmish phases).
Non-Wraith companions skirmishing this minion lose hunter and cannot gain hunter.
DU71

Whoa! Way too expensive with those current stats. Up his strength and maybe vitality or bring his cost down.

BattleWarg wrote:
Event • Archery
Spot an Elven minion to make the minion archery total +1. If you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, make the fellowship archery total -1.
DR72

I can’t wait to see this Realm of Mirkwood thing. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:20 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Seems awfully specific, but his ability is nice. I’d increase his strength (perhaps through hunter, which would be particularly appropriate) and cost a bit so he’s not as useless outside of his ability.

Added Hunter 2, and increased his cost by 2.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Whoa! Way too expensive with those current stats. Up his strength and maybe vitality or bring his cost down.

Yeah, apparantly I misread the strength line... whoops.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
I can’t wait to see this Realm of Mirkwood thing. Very Happy

I had a feeling this reaction would come up.

Soon enough, soon enough. Twisted Evil
Our time here is ending...

Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:43 pm
BattleWarg wrote:
2 Shadowed Elf Elven
Minion • Elf
4 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
Hunter 2.
While you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, this minion may only take 1 wound per phase.

Should read: "While you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, this minion takes no more than 1 wound per phase." Other than that, decent minion...for an Elf. Twisted Evil

BattleWarg wrote:
3 Shadowed Hunter Elven
Minion • Elf
8 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
While you can spot Realm of Mirkwood, Shadowed Hunter may not take wounds (except during skirmish phases).

Since he is non-unique, he text should say "this minion" rather than Shadowed Hunter. Also, add an "each" to the beginning to the second line. Very interesting.

BattleWarg wrote:
Event • Archery

Very good. I can’t wait to see this Realm of Mirkwood. You get a GP for creativity, my friend!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:14 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
BattleWarg wrote:

2 Shadowed Elf Elven
Minion • Elf
4 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
Hunter 2.
DC70
fine by me

3 Shadowed Hunter Elven
Minion • Elf
8 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
DU71
whats realm of mirkwood? fine by me

Event • Archery
DR72

ditto above

so it sounds like these should be sharpshooters striking in the archery phase, and then slipping past skirmish.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BattleWarg
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:45 pm
Well, they are better at making sure you don’t hit them than making sure they hit you. However, the Elves do work well together.

Now we travel west, into Lorien.

Lorien is the brighter version of Mirkwood. It’s harder to hide, but easier to see in. Mirkwood will be dodging and preventing wounds. Lorien will surround and stick their foes from the forest.

1 Hidden Places Elven
Event • Archery
Exert 2 Elven archers to make the minion archery total +2 (or +4 if you can spot Realm of Lothlorien).
DU62

Up higher in the trees, are the elves’ homes. They are able to retreat here, only to cause more trouble when they are better prepared. And they will protect their homes to the death.

1 •Tree-houses of Lorien Elven
Possession • Support Area
To play, spot Realm of Lothlorien or Galadriel.
Shadow: Play an Elf stacked on Tree-houses of Lorien as if from hand.
Regroup: Remove 1 to stack your Elven minion on Tree-houses of Lorien.
Response: If Tree-houses of Lorien would be discarded, discard 4 cards stacked on this card to prevent that (or 3 cards if you spot Realm of Lothlorien in your support area).
DR75

Of course, what would the Elven minion spoiler be without an Elven minion? This one knows the tactics of the forces of Shadow almost too well - he’s less effective against opponents that don’t know what they’re doing.

3 •Orophin, Lorien Hunter Elven
Minion • Elf
9 Strength
2 Vitality
7 Home Site
Archer. Hunter -2. While you can spot another unique Elf, Orophin’s home site is -1.
DR64

And, yes, he’s a hunter that’s stronger against hunters than non-hunters - not to mention, other hunters don’t get their bonus against him.
Last edited by BattleWarg on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in totalOur time here is ending...

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:51 pm
BattleWarg wrote:
1 Hidden Places Elven
Event • Archery
Exert 2 Elven archers to make the minion archery total +2 (or +4 if you can spot Realm of Lothlorien).
DU62

Basic, but useful. Maybe raise the cost to 2 and make it toil 1. Think

BattleWarg wrote:
Response: If Tree-houses of Lorien would be discarded, discard 4 cards stacked on this card to prevent that (or 3 cards if you control Realm of Lothlorien).
DR75

Nice; perhaps raise the cost to 2 and include a spotting requirement.

BattleWarg wrote:
Minion • Elf
9 Strength
2 Vitality
7 Home Site
Archer. Hunter -2. While you can spot another unique Elf, Orophin’s home site is -1.
DR64

I would lower his home site to 5.

Sweet cards; glad to finally rewview some of your DCs! Mr. Green
I had to put something here.
BattleWarg
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:02 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
BattleWarg wrote:
1 Hidden Places Elven
Event • Archery
DU62

Basic, but useful. Maybe raise the cost to 2 and make it toil 1. Think

Could work...

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
BattleWarg wrote:
Response: If Tree-houses of Lorien would be discarded, discard 4 cards stacked on this card to prevent that (or 3 cards if you control Realm of Lothlorien).
DR75

Nice; perhaps raise the cost to 2 and include a spotting requirement.

For the card or one of the abilities? Because the card has a spotting requirement of one of three cards (each a different type) already. (Technically, it could spot a Galadriel ally or companion, but only counting the Dark Minion versions...)

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
BattleWarg wrote:
Minion • Elf
9 Strength
2 Vitality
7 Home Site
DR64

I would lower his home site to 5.

Actually, I could see it. And it might make more sense...

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
BattleWarg wrote:

1 Hidden Places Elven
Event • Archery
DU62
nice but what is realm of lothlorien a condition? or a site? maybe then it should be worded if the fellowship is at RoL.

DR75
ah a site.

Minion • Elf
9 Strength
2 Vitality
7 Home Site
DR64

ok works for me. interesting hunter concept.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BattleWarg
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:40 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
nice but what is realm of lothlorien a condition? or a site? maybe then it should be worded if the fellowship is at RoL.

DR75
ah a site.

Actually, that was a miswording on my part... Embarassed

The Realms (Mirkwood, Lothlorien, and Rivendell) are conditions.

I wanted you to have to play Realm of Lothlorien to get the benefit - so you can play this if another player has Realm of Lothlorien, but would still have to discard 4 cards unless you had it. Once again, Embarassed

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards