LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Ok so I was thinking of old deck types (like the kind that were made with FOTR block cards) and I thought of making this deck, It’s an Aragorn Signet Healing deck With Shire and the bad I mad a Man Swarm so yeah

Free Peoples

Frodo, Hope Of Free Peoples
The One Ring, The Ring Of Doom

Starting

Pippin, Mr. Took
Boromir, Lord of Gondor

Companions
Aragorn, King in Exile x2
Sam, Son Of Hamfast x2
Merry, From O’er The Brandywine

Possessions
Athelas x3
Kingsfoil x3
Blade Of Gondor
Ranger’s Sword
Hobbit Sword x4

Events
Might Of Numenor x3
Hard Choice x3
Halfling Deftness x4
Swordsman Of The Northern Kingdom x4

Conditions
Houses Of Healing x2
No stranger to the Shadows x2

Shadow

Minions

Man Of Bree x4
Rampaging Easterling x3
Column Of Easterlings x3
Crooked Townsmen x3
Crazed Hillman x4
Merciless Dunlending x4

Possessions
Pavise x4
Worn Battleaxe x3

Events
Overrun x4

Conditions
Goaded To War x3

Sites
Plenty of Battleground and Plains
Like Fortress of Orthanc, Gates of Mordor, Wold Battlefield, and Pelennor Fields

ok the Good side just heals alot and i found out sometimes works well as a Choke deck Boromir, Lord Of Gondor is there to keep the big minions at bay. The Shadow uses Crazed Dunland and Pavise to kill fellowships and man of bree is a great swarm card
Last edited by legoles3333 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:57 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Freeps...looks pretty good. I’d advise to take another look at why you’re using Pippin’s Dagger and Merry’s Dagger. I’d personally just use 2x Hobbit Sword, because the Daggers’ abilities are really not that good. On that note...why do you have so few swords in there? I’d dump maybe 1x Kingsfoil and 1x Athelas to put in another Ranger’s Sword and Blade of Gondor.

I’d also personally use The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles, which I think is more useful than Ring of Doom, simply because it gives a guaranteed strength bonus. But that’s just my thoughts.

It looks like your freeps can heal pretty well and survive for a shadowkill. But make sure Aragorn can survive, which means you might want to consider The Saga of Elendil. And/or Ranger’s Cloak.

Also, that starting fellowship doesn’t work. Pippin, Mr. Took doesn’t take down Aragorn’s twilight cost in your starting fellowship.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:59 pm
Hobbit Intuition is better than Halfling Deftness

And CG’s right, you can’t start Aragorn with Pippin, Mr. Took.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:15 pm
Hobbit Intuition...an excellent idea. I guess it just depends on whether you want the exertion or not. In a healing deck like this, you might not care about the exertion, and so you’d want Hobbit Deftness for the choke. Especially if you use it to protect Frodo, who has 6 vitality courtesy of the Ring.

If this is an Open deck, have a look at No Stranger to the Shadows. It really helps with choke. An Able Guide 1x or 2x would also be nice.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:44 pm
Better yet, Bill the Pony, Habits of Home x 4...(if you want to include forests/dwellings)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:41 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
thanks for the input I changed my starting fellowship to Boromir and Pippin and killed the Daggers for x4 Hobbit sword but i did the ring of doom Because i dont have Atatr and i dont have any an able guide and just one Hobbit intuition and i think i might have bill the pony but i never considerd using
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:42 pm
sorry but i neverr considerd using No Stranger to the Shadows
alehaak
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:30 am
can you start with this companions?!

pippin’s ability isn’t only on fellowship phase? then, after u place the starting fellowship ?!?!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:40 pm
Nope, Pippin’s ability is very specifically Fellowship. It can’t be used in any other phase, or outside the phases (i.e., in Starting Fellowship). As a side note, you also can’t use it with cards like The Prancing Pony, since you can’t combine abilities.
alehaak
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:49 pm
then this deck doesn’t work, right?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open