LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
56%
  [ 9 ]  56%

31%
  [ 5 ]  31%

12%
  [ 2 ]  12%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 16
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:44 pm
Alrighty, I switched around the top rankings. Look better? Smile

Thanks for the help.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:47 pm
Much. YAHOO FOR THE GOBLIN RUNNER! GP

A shadow rises is a better splash than Ugluk. Matter of fact, I was going to ask why it wasn’t in the top five.... Question
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 pm
A Shadow Rises isn’t technically a minion, therefore he doesn’t belong here. Razz

Seriously though, he’s decent, but he gets killed by any form of conditions removal. Maneuver condition removal really kills him, since you’ll already have spent 5 twilight making him a minion, only to get burned by Lothlorien Guides.

So, while he has the potential to be great, he is just too risky to be listed in the top 10 splashable minions.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:23 pm
The article is definitely more complete and more informative with 10 minions instead of 5; however, I am still surprised to see that Black Rider did not make the roster. Confused
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:50 pm
Black Rider, while splashable, isn’t quite good enough to make the Top 10 list. He’s just a fierce minion with pretty good strength; that’s not too impressive, and it’s not going to help too many decks. If you’re going to be playing against lots of companions, you’d might as well use Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul or some of the other anti-6-companion cards.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:41 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Very nice article, not amazingly incredible, but very good. 4.5, so round up to 5.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:55 pm
Thanks!

Anyone else want to review? I’m open to suggestions as to how it can be made better. Thumbs Up
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:11 pm
I like it, looks neat. I love splashing minions, really makes decks fun to play with. And everything I wanted to say has already been conversed. Smile
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:34 pm
Another great article from AC. That’s a surprise. Rolling Eyes

Good choices for minions, and great explainations of the uses of each one. And after reading some responses, good reasoning for eliminating other good splashes. Nice formatting, easy to read, and very informative.

I can’t see why this doesn’t deserve a 5.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:05 pm
Thanks, Celebrimbor and EL!

I did a quick run through the article and smoothed it up a bit. I’m also considering adding Orkish Footman, just because he can have astronomical strength. I’m not sure though, so let me know if you really think he ought to take Ugluk’s spot.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest