LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:49 am
Well first disclaimer about my decks are is that I make them a little larger, usually like to round them off at 40 cards on fellowship. But if you ever played a discarding deck you would know why. Ok, here we go.

Starting Fellowship:

-Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
-The One Ring, The Binding Ring

-Arwen, Echo of Luthien
-Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath

Companions:

-Gandalf, Manager of Wizards x4
-Gil-Galad, Elven High King x3

Allies:

-Elrond, Keeper of Vilya x3
-Galadriel, Keeper of Nenya x3

Possessions:

-Narya, Ring of Fire x2
-Nenya, Ring of Adamant x2
-Vilya, Ring of Air x2
-Phial of Galadriel, Star-Glass
-Elven Sword
-Naith Longbow x2
-Aiglos x2
-Gwemegil x2
-Asfaloth x2
-Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs x2(Just happens to be in my deck, no real
benifit from it really)
-Mithril-Coat

Conditions/Events:

-Sent Back x4
-Still Needed x2
-Hope Comes x2
-Mallorn-Trees x2
-Glimpse of Fate x2
-O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!

I know it is a lot of cards and if you want you can trim it down a bit, but take my word for it there is not a whole lot of it left when you are done (minus what you have purposefully placed under the draw deck). So here is the idea behind this deck. Get Gandalf out soon as possible:so now you can place 3 cards from hand on top of your draw deck to make a minion strength -3 (and if you happen to have Glimpse of fate out already when you lose initiative you can make a minion strength -4 [that is a win-win situation even if they decide to stack 3 cards from hand to prevent the original strength deduction from Gandalf]) If you have Elrond and Galadrial out remember the order you placed the cards and you will have a great weapon at your disposal and can easily cycle through cards. So say you stacked a elven card on top exert Elrond to take it back into hand and heal an Elven companion...Alright! Or if it was a minon, Exert Galadrial to discard the top card and make a minion skirmishing an elf strength-3. Mallorn-Trees allows you to stack some doubles on the bottom of your draw deck for Arwen to burn to make each minion skirmishing her strength-3. Still needed when use to make an elf strength+2 can be place on top of the draw deck for elrond to pick back up, and if you happen to dip a couple time under the initiative using Gandalf and then discarding Hope comes to pick up three more cards after using still needed and take all that in account for Glimpse of fate you are looking at some serious pumping capabilities. Only type of deck that would destroy this is a discarding deck, but I think it could stand up to that cause you have Gandalf with is Sent Back. I love this cause you can kill Gandalf to discard a minion and then play him back in the regroup or fellowship, so nasty Balrogs or Cave Trolls or not really a nuisance as much anymore. Also kinda beefed up Frodo a bit so that he could actually participate in a skirmish or two towards the end of the adventure. To give you an idea of how great this worked, I over whelmed a Witch-king with a pale blade with an unarmed Arwen, and at the start of the next fellowship phase had not a scratch to show for it. Another impressive bout was take a moria swarm deck down a bunch of notches, I had been saving up Arwens ability for a couple of cards and was actually being toyed with by the other player (he would not kill Frodo when he had the chance, but was slowly killing off the rest of my fellowship to showboat) anyway when he finally got around to Arwen I faced a 47 strength combined of Moria orcs, and I over whelmed them without even tapping into Elrond or Galadrial(of course this only worked because he was showboating, but still a great feeling of accomplishment came over me after that) I think this is prolly one of the best decks I have put together and most certianly one of the funnest to play with and just thought I would share it with some others cause no one can see them here cause I dont have any one here that plays any more.

For minions it is up to you. I am using a Beserker deck with this Fellowship, the main reason was so I could use The Palantir of Orthanc, Seventh Seeing-Stone to stack a card during my shadow turn too. Overall it works out well cause I can stack high twilight cards for Glorfindel to reveal and seriously take Nazgul down when needed, that or just discard the excess with Galadrial and I am cycling through cards like crazy. Either way you should give it a try, I will some time in the future (when I get enough cards) going to do a Gimli/Elves manipulation deck as well with Final Count and My Axe is notched, that should be interesting.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
correct name is telepathy. Personally i would use
Elrond witness to history, he is a good combo though yours is pretty nice to.
Attunement and Forearmed are useful for strength. You might want another elf to make sure you can play gil-galad. your choice there though.
otherwise cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:12 pm
Well actually after playing it a couple more times after reading your reply I was thinking of switching my Elrond with Elrond, Venerable Lord and drop the Narya, Ring of Fire and adding 2 of the Hadafang so that Elrond could benifit from a descent strength bonus. Also droping the Elven Sword and Naith Longbow cause honestly the other two elves are strong enough already without weapons and adding more pumpers like Forearmed, like you suggested, and adding another Hope Comes for Gandalf to benifit from. Either way it is still kinda cool I think, and I might try Elrond, Witness to History just to see how that might work too. Thanks for the post and I think that this is an awesome deck.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:26 pm
mithrandirmatt wrote:
I might try Elrond, Witness to History just to see how that might work too.

Elrond, witness to history/ Nenya, Ring of Adamant is the best telepathy combo around. You may want to look at my deck....lemme find the URL

EDIT: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3167

Its an elf telepathy/archery deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:45 am
I was thinking of adding in a Sauron to stack on top of my draw deck for Forearmed to reveal or Vilya, Ring of Air to discard. Then could stack on the ring back on with Elrond, Witness to History. Either way it could be exciting purposefully putting in a minion that cost so much to pump my characters. I guess I will play with it some more and see what happens.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elrond only returns elven cards to hand. Oh Venerable lord would be na idea, as well as Celeborn Elven lord would be another idea.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:56 am
You see I have added 2 Final Account to this deck too, allowing me in the Fellowship to cycle a Freepeoples and Shadow card from my discard pile by discarding 2 cards and exerting Gandalf. Of course I would cycle Forearmed and the highest twilight card I had available(Sauron/Balrog) to reveal (forearmed) and then discard (Vilya, Ring of Air) if I needed to make them strength-14 or 18 after using Gandalf or Nenya, Ring of Adamant to stack it top of on my deck. (I only have one Sauron right now, so a Balrog will do as my second minion pumper for the fellowship). I also will add 2 Shadow Between to help Heal Elrond cause chances are I will be cycling Nenya and Vilya both sometimes back onto my draw deck. I think it will work really good, I will post the new structure of the deck here soon. For now what I got is still pretty good, but this will send it over the top I think. Now Elves dont need damage bonuses cause overwhelming a minion has never been so easy. Even a fully equiped Witch-king would cower to this deck, and even Sauron himself would struggle to win a skirmish. Time will tell will tell if it should be called Telepathy/Overwhelming deck.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:01 pm
OK yeah with the final account that works a lot better. one more reason final account is X’ed. a GP for that cool idea.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open