LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:25 pm
Yup. Here are cards depicting the story of the Ring, starting with, of course, the Ring itself!

•The One Ring, The Least of Rings
Each minion skirmishing the Ring-bearer is strength -1.
Response: If the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound or a threat is about to be added, he or she wears The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound or a threat is about to be added, add a burden instead.
"’...you should find this thief and get from him, willing or no, a little ring, the least of rings, that once he stole. It is but a trifle that Sauron fancies...’"

0 A Once Fair Shape Sauron
Event • Shadow
Reveal Sauron from your hand to discard a Free Peoples artifact or Free Peoples condition.
"For in that time he was not yet evil to behold, and they received his aid and grew mighty in craft, whereas he learned all their secrets, and betrayed them..."

1 Forged in Secret Sauron
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may reinforce a Sauron token X times, where X is the number of rings you spot.
Regroup: Exert a Sauron minion twice (or spot Sauron) and discard this condition to exhaust a companion (except the Ring-bearer) with resistance 4 or less.
"’...for he made that Ring himself, it is his, and he let a great part of his own former power pass into it...’"

9 •Sauron, The Deceiver Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength-24
Vitality-5
Roaming-6
Damage +1. Fierce. When you play Sauron, you may spot X burdens and exert him X times to place X exertions on companions bearing an artifact.
Sauron may only be assigned to skirmish companions with resistance 0.
"Then Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine Rings of Power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question. One by one falling into darkness."

0 By Shattered Blade Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Discard a Gondor artifact borne by a companion to wound a minion skirmishing another companion twice.
"’...Isildur, son of the king, took up his father’s sword.’"

0 •Passed to Men Gondor
Condition
Strength +1
Resistance -1
To play, spot a Gondor Ring-bearer. Bearer must be the Ring-bearer.
Skirmish: Add a burden to wound a minion skirmishing bearer.
"’...who, above all else, desire power...’"

3 A Will of Its Own Sauron
Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, discard 4 cards from your hand to take off The One Ring.
"’It betrayed Isildur, to his death.’"

Keep watching!
Last edited by menace64 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:53 pm; edited 2 times in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:31 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
Response: If the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound or a threat is about to be added, he or she wears The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound or a threat is about to be added, add a burden instead.
"’...you should find this thief and get from him, willing or no, a little ring, the least of rings, that once he stole. It is but a trifle that Sauron fancies...’"

Interesting. But it could probably benefit from SOME strength/vitality/resistance boost, because otherwise I don’t see it getting much use.

menace64 wrote:
Event • Shadow
Reveal Sauron from your hand to discard a Free Peoples artifact or Free Peoples condition.
"For in that time he was not yet evil to behold, and they received his aid and grew mighty in craft, whereas he learned all their secrets, and betrayed them..."

Awesome. Absolutely awesome. GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 pm
menace64 wrote:

I was justing reading the part in FotR about Sauron’s messenger calling the One "the least of rings, just a fancy, etc.", so this is pretty cool. I agree with Dain, though; some sort of bonus is needed. Maybe hunter 1?

menace64 wrote:
Event • Shadow

Just plain sweet! GP
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:
Yup. Here are cards depicting the story of the Ring, starting with, of course, the Ring itself!

shouldn’t it be strength + something or offer some bonus aside from the threat thing

Event • Shadow

ow. nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:39 pm
Okay, I gave the ring a strength bonus, and then added two more cards.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:17 pm
menace64 wrote:
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may reinforce a Sauron condition X times, where X is the number of rings you spot.
Regroup: Exert a Sauron minion twice (or spot Sauron) and discard this condition to exhaust a companion (except the Ring-bearer) with resistance 4 or less.
"’...for he made that Ring himself, it is his, and he let a great part of his own former power pass into it...’"

"Reinforce a conditon"? Did you mean "reinforce a token"? Second ability seems okay, though.

menace64 wrote:
8 •Sauron, The Deceiver Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength-24
Vitality-5
Roaming-6
Damage +1. Fierce. When you play Sauron, you may spot X burdens and exert him X times to place X exertions on companions bearing an artifact.
"Then Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine Rings of Power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question. One by one falling into darkness."

*Whew* These are quite the challenge to make. More later.

Yeah, Sauron is always tough.

This guy’s pretty good, but I think that 10 might be a better cost. Maybe not, but 8 for the likes of Sauron seems WAY too good.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:

Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may reinforce a Sauron condition X times, where X is the number of rings you spot.
what sauron conditions have tokens out of curiosity?

8 •Sauron, The Deceiver Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength-24
Vitality-5
Roaming-6

boy this card is...interesting. maybe make the free peoples player assing X wounds to companions bearing artifacts
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:53 pm
Added 3 more cards, and put Sauron’s cost up to 9 (which I think is reasonable, considering he wont be fighting very much).
Riddle 9

Who am I?
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:02 pm
menace64 wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Discard a Gondor artifact borne by a companion to wound a minion skirmishing another companion twice.

Very cool! Thumbs Up

menace64 wrote:
0 •Passed to Men Gondor
Condition
Strength +1
Resistance -1

Neat. Smile

menace64 wrote:
Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, discard 4 cards from your hand to take off The One Ring.

I would lower the cost to 2 or make it only 3 cards. Sweet DCs! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:29 pm
menace64 wrote:
Event • Skirmish

Neat.

menace64 wrote:
0 •Passed to Men Gondor
Condition
Strength +1
Resistance -1

Cool! GP That’s very appropriate.

menace64 wrote:
Event • Response

I agree with AP. I’d lower the number of cards discarded, personally.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards