LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:27 am
--- description ---
Gimli Legolas Aragorn Archery/Wounding
--- end description ---

# of Cards :40

Starting Fellowship:

Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Legolas, Greenleaf
Gimli, Son of Gloin

Other Companions and Allies:

Arwen, Lady Undomiel x3
Aragorn, Heir to the White City x3
Elrond, Lord of Rivendell x3
Silinde, Elf of Mirkwood
Erestor, Chief Advisor to Elrond
Galdor, Councilor from the West
Golradir, Councilor of Imladris
Saelbeth, Elven Councilor

Possessions:

Aragorn’s Bow x2
Andúril, Sword That Was Broken
Aiglos

Events and Conditions:

The Saga of Elendil
The Tale of Gil-galad
The Choice of Luthien x2
Shoulder to Shoulder x2
Quick as May Be x3
Power According to his Stature x3
Gondor Bowmen x4
Double Shot x4

Okay heres how it works: You start off with Legolas and Gimli and soon you pull out Aragorn and Arwen, when that happens the fun really starts. Even if you dont pull Aragorn or Arwen right away that is ok cause chances are you will pull Elrond and a couple of other site 3 allies along with shoulder to shoulder. When that happens you can cycle wounds onto your allies and basically survive until you do pull Aragorn and Arwen. Once you pull them then it is game on! Aragorn with his bow can deal direct damage, plus once you get the choice of luthien and shoulder to shoulder you can cycle his wounds the next manuever phase onto Arwen, then Arwen to Gimli and then Gimli to one of your allies. Elrond heals each Elf whos home site is 3 so that pretty much covers any exertions you may have placed the turn before. I have added Andúril, Sword That Was Broken and The Saga of Elendil to further Aragorn’s wounding capability, and The Tale of Gil-galad and Aiglos to further Legolas’. Added bunches of double shot, Gondor Bowmen, Power According to his stature, and Quick as may be to add in some extra kick for pre and post wounding of minions. Prolly not your average archery or wounding deck, but any chance I can add Arwen to a cool deck I usually take it. Not to mention each minion Skirmishing Arwen would be minus 3 and you can control which minions make it through, plus Gimli pumps himself and Aragorn isnt too shabby once equiped. Overall makes a pretty cool deck I think. But won’t really get to try it until Rise of Saruman comes out, this is really just a theoretical deck at this point, but hopefully I will see if it works in the near future.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:46 am
Add forth the three hunters. Try to get Gimli, Eager hunter and Aragorn, Thorongil, or even Aragorn, Swift Hunter (Both easy to get). Then add 4x Focus, anything that gets through to the skirmish gets the strength dropped by 6 for no cost (’cause of focus).

If you don’t like that idea, just get Aragorn, Driven By Need w/ Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow and the new Anduril (For extra vitality). If you can heal him, you can exhaust him to remove all your threats, then dish out another five wounds...
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:52 am; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:51 am
I like the suggestion alot about all those additions, I will prolly play with the composition of this deck a bit before I try and build it, but I definitely like were you were taking it. Thanks for the post.
corvus
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:18 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Here is my idea for this deck:

Gimli, bearer of grudges
The one ring, the ring of doom
Legolas, Greenleaf
Aragorn, Strider
Pippin, hobbit of some intelligence

Quick as may be x4
Hand axe x3
Lord of Moria x2
Ring of Fury x2
Endurance of Dwarves
Baruk Khazad x3
Great Day, Great hour x2

Double shot x4

Aragorn’s bow x4
Gondor Bowmen x4

Unheeded x3

Enjoy!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:05 pm
Definitely need Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon and Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. Extra archery is always good in a wounding deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I like his idea of shuffling wounds around, though a couple focus would still be good. Toss in another anduril(if you can get it) either aragorn’s bow and maybe an elven bow.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
NBarden wrote:
Definitely need Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon and Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. Extra archery is always good in a wounding deck.

My version or his?
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I would assume his, after all lest just make his better, not totally remake it.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:08 pm
His

EDIT: (ha, beat A_E’s two word posts, well...now I haven’t...)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:42 pm
NBarden wrote:
His

EDIT: (ha, beat A_E’s two word posts, well...now I haven’t...)

off-topic

A_E twice posted "LOL Very Happy"

anyway, another GP for a strategy I think is sweet MRDM(OK if i call you that?)
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open