LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
you are going to work up alot of twilight with this deck by using shoulder to shoulder, (Red Wrath would hurt this deck) I suggest looking for twilight removel cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
he has aragorn, maybe toss in a no stranger to the shadows to help. but Legolas is right, you are adding quite a bit. you might consider waiting until the double move to shuffle stuff around, so you don’t have a mound of twilight sitting just waiting for you to move again.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:54 pm
of course you would not be able to shift the wounds of the first archery phase until the next manuever phase any way, so if I wanted to double move it would be no problem. Just got to be sure to balance my exertions well on that second time to ensure I can double move the next turn. Other than that I should be ok with this deck. Yes twilight adding is a side effect of this deck, but not many people play cards like Red Wrath because of the ridiculus twilight cost, plus who are they gonna have to exert with when Aragorn and Legolas can deal 5 direct wounds with only Aragorn’s bow equiped, not to mention the extra four once they get their vitality adding cards, plus archery and any events you happen to come accross. I think even in the later sites this deck would fair alright, even if you are reduced to just survival. I guess I will have to test it soon to see if it would work ok, but the wound cycling is well worth the twilight you would add in the manuever phase I think. I guess it really comes down to what kind of minions you are playing against, cause every deck has its weekness. The real trick is to exploit its strengths when ever possible.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:43 pm
mithrandirmatt wrote:
Yes twilight adding is a side effect of this deck, but not many people play cards like Red Wrath because of the ridiculus twilight cost.

Um...no. Ever heard of Southron Ambush? You throw out tons of minions with ambush and wham! Red Wrath. Or at least whirling strike.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:27 pm
Yea well you can’t guard against everything, but even so I guess the main thing would to be to kill everyone so they can’t spot a Southron for their events. I admit this is a flaw, but every deck has a weakness.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

Um...no. Ever heard of Southron Ambush? .

yeah, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen someone play it Wink
seriously , he’s right you can’t guard against EVERYTHING
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:48 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
yeah, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen someone play it Wink

I’ll have you know that I won with it. Howl of Harad + Eastern Emyn Muil and then Ambush/ Red Wrath or Whirling Strike? Instant death to ring-bound fellowships, and pretty good kills with just the RB.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open