LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:01 pm
--- description ---
Elven Telepathy Deck Updated
--- end description ---

Well first disclaimer about my decks are is that I make them a little larger, this one is pretty big, but trust me the size don’t matter in this case as much.

Starting Fellowship:

-Frodo, Courteous Halfling
-The One Ring, The Binding Ring

-Arwen, Echo of Luthien
-Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath

Companions:

-Gandalf, Manager of Wizards x4
-Gil-galad, Elven High King x3
-Elrond, Witness to History x3

Allies:

-Galadriel, Keeper of Nenya x3

Possessions:

-Hadafang x2
-Nenya, Ring of Adamant x2
-Vilya, Ring of Air x2
-Aiglos x2
-Gwemegil
-Asfaloth
-Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs x2(Just happens to be in my deck, no real
benifit from it really)
-Mithril-coat

Conditions/Events:

-Shadow Between x2
-Final Account x2
-Sent Back x4
-Forearmed x3
-Hope Comes x3
-Mallorn-trees x2
-Glimpse of Fate x2
-O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!

I know it is a lot of cards and if you want you can trim it down a bit, but take my word for it there is not a whole lot of it left when you are done (minus what you have purposefully placed under the draw deck). So here is the idea behind this deck. Obviously this deck revolves around its ability to manipulate your draw deck and discard pile, and thus Frodo, Courteous Halfling is a guard against manipulating your cards in any other way than the way you want to(during the opponents shadow turn anyway). I chose to play The One Ring, The Binding Ring so that if you want you could add 2 burdens to play a ring from your draw deck. Get Gandalf out soon as possible:so now you can place 3 cards from hand on top of your draw deck to make a minion strength -3 (and if you happen to have Glimpse of Fate out already when you lose initiative you can make a minion strength -4 [that is a win-win situation even if they decide to stack 3 cards from hand to prevent the original strength deduction from Gandalf]) There are three copies of Hope Comes in this deck so that you can take those cards back into hand and do it again if you needed to. Now remember the order in which you place those cards and you will have a great weapon at your disposal. I chose to play some ridiculous twilight costing cards on my minion side for the pumpers for my fellowship (I included one Balrog and one Sauron[cause I only have one Sauron], which costs 14 and 18 ). Forearmed makes a minion strength-X where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed, if you purposefully place Sauron or the Balrog on top of your draw deck you are looking at a very serious pumper. I also included Final Account to pull out a Forearmed and the highest twilight costing minion from your discard pile in the Fellowship phase, honing in on the detrimental minion de-pumping ability of the elves. Mallorn-trees allows you to stack some doubles on the bottom of your draw deck for Arwen to burn to make each minion skirmishing her strength-3. Keep close account on Glimpse of Fate as you are manipulating your hand and draw deck cause chances are you could drop the intuitive twice on a given turn. If you happen to have a second copy of Sent Back already out in play and have a second Gandalf in hand, discard sent back to discard each minion skirmishing a wizard, good bye and thank you, then turn around and play him back in the regroup or the next fellowship. So there are several different ways to handle a situation that may arise. Elrond, Witness to History allows him to skirmish and stack a elven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck, chances are you might want to stack a pumper and maybe a ring. But don’t forget that Nenya, Ring of Adamant can be discarded to heal up to two companions and stack two cards from hand (me personally would save the card stacking for Gandalf’s ability though). So if you are taking some wounds you can stack Nenya, Ring of Adamant each turn to help with healing, I also included 2 Shadow Between to help with healing. I also kinda beefed up Frodo a bit so that he could actually participate in a skirmish or two towards the end of the adventure. There are eleven possible cards that can be stacked for Arwen that are doubles for her to discard (maybe more this calculation is just off the top of my head)

To give you an idea of how great this worked, I over whelmed a Witch-king with a pale blade with an unarmed Arwen, and at the start of the next fellowship phase had not a scratch to show for it. Another impressive bout was take a moria swarm deck down a bunch of notches, I had been saving up Arwens ability for a couple of cards and was actually being toyed with by the other player (he would not kill Frodo when he had the chance, but was slowly killing off the rest of my fellowship to showboat) anyway when he finally got around to Arwen I faced a 47 strength combined of Moria orcs, and I over whelmed them without even tapping into Elrond or Galadrial(of course this only worked because he was showboating, but still a great feeling of accomplishment came over me after that) I think this is prolly one of the best decks I have put together and most certianly one of the funnest to play with and just thought I would share it with some others cause no one can see them here cause I dont have any one here that plays any more.

For minions it is up to you. I am using a Beserker deck with this Fellowship, the main reason was so I could use The Palantir of Orthanc, Seventh Seeing-stone to stack a card during my shadow turn too. Overall it works out well cause I can stack high twilight cards for Glorfindel to reveal and seriously take Nazgul down when needed, or any minion with Vilya, Ring of Air or Forearmed, or just discard the excess with Galadrial and I am cycling through cards like crazy.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:12 pm
Galadriel RB would be better than Galadriel Ally. And then use the extra slots to include a couple more Nenya, Ring of Adamant.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:24 pm
You mean Ring-Bearer Galdriel?? If so though I don’t think so cause she is a pumper as an ally and The ring-bearing Galdriel would not help this deck any, and then you would lose your deck and hand protection from Frodo.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
attunement is incredibly useful. why do you need so many sent back?

IMO I would include another elf to make sure you can get G-Gl out, Glorfindel would be a good choice methinks. Or legolas of the grey company.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:40 pm
Sent back = direct minion discarding with no real threat of loss to the fellowship. Plus if you have another copy in your hand you can play Gandalf Right back out in the regroup. Concerning the Attunement, i did consider putting this card in, but unless I could find a way to take free peoples cards into my hand from the bottom of my draw deck I think the risk of stacking cards that way actually hurts my overall strategy, cause then it is possible that I will have to stack a card I really need on the bottom of my draw deck just for a quick pump. Not to mention, Frodo does not guard the bottom of the draw deck, so yet another weakness. This is my version of Elf Telepathy, you can change things around if you want, but what I have I really like. Thanks for the comments and suggestions, and I am not saying this as a discouragement to suggestions, I am completely open to suggestions. I have given this deck much thought and consideration and have swapped quite a few things around (thanks to some suggestions) to get it where it is at already, which gives you complete control of card stacking. That control is very important to the strategy of this Telepathy deck, and is not something I would want to give up so easily.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I still think glorfindel could be very nice, especially if you play nazgul.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:45 am
I have Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath in my starting Fellowship. You must have missed it. Easy to miss considering how big this deck is.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:03 pm
I would drop 2 copies of Gandalf and 1 copy each of Gil-galad and Elrond. Galadriel, Lady Redeemed would be better suited than Keeper of Nenya, and perhaps add another copy of Mithril-coat. Otherwise, the deck looks solid. Applause
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:06 pm
mithrandirmatt wrote:
I have Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath in my starting Fellowship. You must have missed it. Easy to miss considering how big this deck is.

Embarassed excuse me while I slap myself

*slap*
OW!
"DáinIronfoot"
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:48 pm
your funny. Laughing

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open