LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:03 pm
I’m also interested in Orc.

And I can’t wait to see that Sauron follower.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:19 pm
elf lvr wrote:
I’m also interested in Orc.

And I can’t wait to see that Sauron follower.

The Eye of Sauron is perhaps one of my favorite cards of this set. He works best with the Men culture and will probably be spoiled with such. Speaking of which, one more vote for the Orc culture and the fun begins! Mr. Green
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:35 pm
Sure, start with the Orc culture. I always liked them. Mr. Green
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:15 pm
The tribe has spoken! Laughing

We begin Ambush at Amon Hen with the Orc culture. To date, the Orc culture is not skilled in the area of archery, for that has been given to the Men. However, let it not be forgotten the potency of the Moria archers in their prime. In the days of the Fellowship block, Moria archery was a force to be reckoned with! So will it be, at the bidding of this set, with the Orc. Twisted Evil

----

3 Vicious Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
Archer.
Shadow: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert this minion to make one of your other Orc minions gain archer until the regroup phase.

"Beyond the fire he saw swarming black figures..."

----

1Black Feather Orc
Condition
Resistance: -1
To play, spot two Orc archers. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
Each time bearer takes a wound during the archery phase, you may remove 2 Orc tokens to discard a possession borne by bearer.

"Another pierced Gandalf’s hat and stuck there like a black feather."

----

1 Arrows Fell Among Them Orc
Event • Archery
Exert an Orc archer at an underground site to make the minion archery total +1 and reinforce an Orc token.

"One struck Frodo and sprang back."

----

Enjoy. Very Happy
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
thonnas7
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:31 am
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

We begin Ambush at Amon Hen with the Orc culture. To date, the Orc culture is not skilled in the area of archery, for that has been given to the Men. However, let it not be forgotten the potency of the Moria archers in their prime. In the days of the Fellowship block, Moria archery was a force to be reckoned with! So will it be, at the bidding of this set, with the Orc. Twisted Evil

You are quickly rising on my list of personal heroes. Laughing

----

3 Vicious Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Archer.
Shadow: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert this minion to make one of your other Orc minions gain archer until the regroup phase.

It seems...too powerful, unless of course he is a rare. I’d give him 3 vitality, bump him up to 4 twilight and require two exertions.

----

1Black Feather Orc
Condition
To play, spot two Orc archers and an Orc token. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
Each time bearer takes a wound during the archery phase, you may remove 3 to discard a possession borne by bearer.

I like it, although I don’t think you should have to spot an Orc token to play it.

----

Event • Archery
Exert an Orc archer at an underground site to make the minion archery total +1 and reinforce an Orc token.

I was staring horridly at this at first. Now I like it. the fact that the site is underground balances it out. GP! Very Happy

----

Enjoy. Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:56 am
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

----

3 Vicious Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Archer.

Whoa. Powerful. I like it

1Black Feather Orc
Condition
To play, spot two Orc archers and an Orc token. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
Each time bearer takes a wound during the archery phase, you may remove 3 to discard a possession borne by bearer.

To powerful. Discard a possession borne by bearer? Make it something beter.

Event • Archery

Nice

Enjoy. Very Happy
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:06 am; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:38 am
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
3 Vicious Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Archer.

Nice card; simple, balanced, and useful. Smile

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1Black Feather Orc
Condition

Sweet card! Twisted Evil

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Event • Archery

Very impressive. Nice cards! Applause
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:51 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

Good! They could use it.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
3 Vicious Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Archer.

Good stuff!

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1Black Feather Orc
Condition

Unusual, but I think good. Perhaps remove a couple tokens instead of twilight for the ability.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Event • Archery

Good.

Nice cards! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

3 Vicious Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Archer.
cut the space between lore and card in the future. fine by me
----

1Black Feather Orc
Condition
To play, spot two Orc archers. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
Each time bearer takes a wound during the archery phase, you may remove 2 Orc tokens to discard a possession borne by bearer.
again good
----

Event • Archery
great cards!
----
Enjoy. Very Happy

I did GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:12 pm
Thanks for the comments, everyone! They are most appreciated. All who have reviewed will receive a GP for their kind efforts to further this set. Smile

I’ve made some alternations to Black Feather, as per suggestions. The spotting requirement of an Orc token was dropped, as two Orc archers should be adequate. Also, the ability has been changed from removing 3 to removing 2 Orc tokens, as it fits one of the themes that my Orc culture contains...

Theme? Did someone say theme? Indeed I did! One of the main sub-strategies of the Orc culture is cultural tokens, as this culture seemed to be abandoned in the token frenzy of Bloodlines. Perhaps it would be best to demonstrate this through today’s cards. Very Happy

----

5Band of Goblin Bowmen Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Archer.
While you can spot 5 or more culture tokens, the minion archery total is +2 (or +3 if the fellowship is at an underground site).

----

0 Archer’s Ledge Orc
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Orc token here for each Orc archer you can spot.
Response: If an Orc archer is about to take a wound during the archery phase, remove two Orc tokens from here to prevent that wound. The Free Peoples player may make the minion archery total +1 to prevent this.

----

2 Whistling Arrows Orc
Event • Archery
Exert an Orc archer to make the Free Peoples choose 2 companions. Exert X other companions, where X is the number of Orc archers you can spot.
"An arrow whistled over Frodo’s head."
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards