LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:16 am
Today everyone is in for a special treat! Since I wasn’t able to access a computer, I’m going to finish the Gandalf culture now. After I receive a few reviews, I’ll recap the entire culture. It gets even better; later tonight, I’ll be spoiling the dreaded Wraith culture! Mr. Green

1 Goblet of Isengard Gandalf
Possession • Cup
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be a Gandalf Wizard.
Regroup: Add a burden and discard an ale to draw 2 cards (limit once per turn).

----

1 Orthanc Wine Gandalf
Possession • Support Area
Ale. To play, exert a Gandalf Wizard.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may spot your Gandalf Wizard with resistance 8 or more to draw a card.
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:18 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

Possession • Cup
Regroup: Exert bearer twice and discard an ale to draw 2 cards.
the regroup ability stinks. make it once, or maybe add a threat or something like that
----

1 Orthanc Wine Gandalf
Each time the fellowship moves, you may spot your Gandalf Wizard with resistance 8 or more to draw a card.

nice.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:31 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Possession • Cup

That’s right, you had this stuff for Hobbits, too. Neat.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 Orthanc Wine Gandalf

Cool.

You may also want to consider Miruvor, the fine drink that Elrond gives to Gandalf, and that he gives the party at Caradhras and Moria to revive them from weariness. You could even give it the subtitle of "the cordial of Imladris", as it is called in The Fellowship of the Ring. Just a thought. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:00 pm
Today brought an end to the Gandalf culture. The first half of this culture featured synergy between Gandalf himself and the Hobbits of the Shire, encouraging a blended fellowship of the two. The second half, however, promoted a new theme - Gandalf Wizards. Curunír, Head of the Council makes his debut in this set alongside cards from his humble abode that have also revisited an old Shire tactic - ales.

I give you, wonderful reviewers, the Gandalf culture:

4Curunír, Head of the Council Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 4
Muster. Hunter 1.
Curunír is resistance +1 for each Gandalf card you can spot.
At the end of any phase, if Curunír has a resistance of 0, place him in your dead pile.
"’So the Ring of Power has been found.’"

----

4Gandalf, Friend of Old Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
Muster.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf to make him strength +1 for each Hobbit you can spot (limit +4).
"’All your long years, we’ve been friends.’"

----

Possession • Cup

----

2 Istari Staff Gandalf
Possession • Staff
Strength: +1
While bearer has resistance 8 or more, each Gandalf event is twilight cost -1.

----

1 Orthanc Wine Gandalf

----

1Curunír’s Counsel Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Wizard.
While you can spot Gandalf, Curunír is resistance +2.
While you can spot Curunír, Gandalf is strength +2.
Each time the fellowship moves, add a burden or discard this condition.
"’You know this? How?’"

----

2 Disturber of the Peace Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf (or 2 Shire companions).
While you can spot Gandalf and he is not exhausted, each Hobbit is strength +1.

----

2 Eager and Curious Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert Gandalf and spot 2 Shire companions.
While you can spot Gandalf and he is not exhausted, Shadow cards cannot exert your Shire companions with resistance 8 or more.

----

1Love of the Halfling’s Leaf Gandalf
Condition
To play, spot a Hobbit. Bearer must be Gandalf.
Fellowship: Exert Gandalf (or spot Gandalf and discard a pipeweed) to heal a Hobbit. Any Shadow player may remove a burden to prevent this.

----

2 Encouraging Thought Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Exert Gandalf to make a Hobbit strength +3. If that Hobbit wins this skirmish, you may heal Gandalf.

----

1 Lost in Thought Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Exert Gandalf and spot a Hobbit to discard up to 3 cards from hand and draw an equal number of cards.
"’Riddles in the dark. My precious. Precious...’"

----

3 Nudge Out the Door Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Exert Gandalf to make a minion skirmishing a Hobbit strength -2 (or strength -5 if the fellowship has moved more than once this turn). You may exert that Hobbit to return this event to your hand.

----

1 Power of the Istari Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Make a Gandalf Wizard strength +2 (and damage +1 if that Wizard bears a staff).

----

2 Visions of Evil Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Gandalf Wizard with resistance 7 or more and discard two Free Peoples cards from hand to take 2 Shadow cards into hand from your discard pile.
"’I have seen it.’"
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:01 am
Moving right along...

Since I promised some Wraith cards yesterday and never got around to posting them, you’ll get to see two batches today - one in the morning and one this afternoon.

The Wraith culture in Ambush at Amon Hen reverts to some of its old tricks - wounding the Ring-bearer, companions bearing Wraith conditions, and even a few twilight Nazgûl! Mr. Green

To begin:

5Úlairë Cantëa, Hunter of the Night Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 10
Vitality: 3
Site: 3
Hunter 2. Fierce.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Úlairë Cantëa gains twilight.
Assignment: Exert Úlairë Cantëa, spot another twilight Nazgûl, and exert a twilight Nazgûl to make the Free Peoples player assign Úlairë Cantëa to a companion bearing a Wraith condition.

----

4 A Knife in the Dark Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Strength: -1
Resistance: -2
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing your Nazgûl. Limit one per bearer.
Each time bearer is assigned to skirmish a Nazgûl bearing a hand weapon, exert bearer (or wound bearer if you can spot a twilight Nazgûl).

----

1 Slaves to His Will Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Exert 2 Nazgûl (or spot 2 Nazgûl and exert a twilight Nazgûl) to make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
"’They will never stop hunting you.’"
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:21 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 2. Fierce.
Assignment: Exert Úlairë Cantëa and spot another twilight Nazgûl to make the Free Peoples player assign Úlairë Cantëa to a companion bearing a Wraith condition.

Wow, a lot of abilities there. i love the use of the twilight keyword. maybe exert cantea and another nazgul.

----

Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing your Nazgûl. Limit one per bearer.
Each time bearer is assigned to skirmish a Nazgûl bearing a hand weapon, wound bearer once (or twice if you can spot a twilight Nazgûl).

this is a little too devastating. i suggest making it exert bearer (or wound him if skirmishing a twilight nazgul).

----

Event • Maneuver
Exert 2 Nazgûl (or 1 twilight Nazgûl) to make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.

the twilight nazgul would absolutly kill with this card, i like it, personally i’d make it: remove a burden (or exert a twilight nazgul twice)...

Good cards! i’ve always had a special love for twilight nazgul, because they were my first shadow deck ever.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:35 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 2. Fierce.
Assignment: Exert Úlairë Cantëa and spot another twilight Nazgûl to make the Free Peoples player assign Úlairë Cantëa to a companion bearing a Wraith condition.

The return of twilight! Awesome. Smile

I agree with mm...you need another exertion in there. I think I’d reword the assignment ability like this: "Exert Úlairë Cantëa, spot another twilight Nazgûl, and exert a twilight Nazgûl". Kinda wordy, yes, but now it lets you spot him and another twilight ’Gul and either exert Cantëa twice or exert him and that other twilight ’Gul.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each time bearer is assigned to skirmish a Nazgûl bearing a hand weapon, wound bearer once (or twice if you can spot a twilight Nazgûl).

Pretty darn powerful. I’d limit the skirmish ability to unbound companions.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Exert 2 Nazgûl (or 1 twilight Nazgûl) to make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.

Looks pretty good, but I think I’d make it spot at least 2 Nazgûl no matter what.

Good stuff so far. Thumbs Up I look forward to more.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:52 pm
Edited as suggested. GP

4Úlairë Lemenya, Hunter of the Night Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 9
Vitality: 2
Hunter 1. Fierce.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Úlairë Lemenya gains twilight.
Each time a Wraith condition is transferred to a companion, you may exert Úlairë Lemenya and spot another twilight Nazgûl to exert a companion.

----

1 Morgul Dagger Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
Bearer gains hunter 1.
While skirmishing a companion bearing a Wraith condition, bearer is damage +1.

----

4 Kill the One Who Carries It Wraith
Event • Assignment
Exert 4 Nazgûl (or spot 4 Nazgûl and exert 2 twilight Nazgûl) to assign a twilight Nazgûl to skirmish the Ring-bearer.
"’They will find The Ring...’"
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:59 am
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 1.
Each time a Wraith condition is transferred to a companion, you may exert Úlairë Lemenya and spot another twilight Nazgûl to exert a companion.

Here I think the spotting instead of exerting is okay. Good job. Thumbs Up

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 Morgul Dagger Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.

Cool. Kinda weak compared to their other weapons, though, especially Nazgul Sword. Maybe add something else, like text that adds hunter 1 or something.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
4 Kill the One Who Carries
Event • Assignment
Exert 4 Nazgûl (or spot 4 Nazgûl and exert 2 twilight Nazgûl) to assign a twilight Nazgûl to skirmish the Ring-bearer.

I think it should be "Kill the One Who Carries It", shouldn’t it? And don’t forget the Wraith icon at the end. Smile

This one is good, though you’d have to have a LOT of twilight to work with for it to ever see play. Four ’Gul AND 4 more twilight? Still, though, I think it’s appropriately costed. Good stuff.

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:50 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 1.

Nicely done! Thumbs Up

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 Morgul Dagger Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.

Cool! Smile

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
4 Kill the One Who Carries
Event • Assignment

I would add "It" to the end of the title, and you need to put Wraith after the title. Sweet card! Applause
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards