LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

5Úlairë Cantëa, Hunter of the Night Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 10
Vitality: 3
Site: 3
Hunter 2. Fierce.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Úlairë Cantëa gains twilight.
Assignment: Exert Úlairë Cantëa, spot another twilight Nazgûl, and exert a twilight Nazgûl to make the Free Peoples player assign Úlairë Cantëa to a companion bearing a Wraith condition.

way underpowered cut the and exert another twilight nazgul, and make it unbound companion IMO
----

4 A Knife in the Dark Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Resistance: -2
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing your Nazgûl. Limit one per bearer.
Each time bearer is assigned to skirmish a Nazgûl bearing a hand weapon, exert bearer (or wound bearer if you can spot a twilight Nazgûl).
I would make it strength -1 as well
----

1 Slaves to His Will Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Exert 2 Nazgûl (or spot 2 Nazgûl and exert a twilight Nazgûl) to make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
"’They will never stop hunting you.’"

works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Edited as suggested. GP

4Úlairë Lemenya, Hunter of the Night Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 9
Vitality: 2
Hunter 1.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Úlairë Lemenya gains twilight.
Each time a Wraith condition is transferred to a companion, you may exert Úlairë Lemenya and spot another twilight Nazgûl to exert a companion.
nice
----

1 Morgul Dagger Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
While skirmishing a companion bearing a Wraith condition, bearer is damage +1.
ditto
----

4 Kill the One Who Carries
Event • Assignment
Exert 4 Nazgûl (or spot 4 Nazgûl and exert 2 twilight Nazgûl) to assign a twilight Nazgûl to skirmish the Ring-bearer.
"’They will find The Ring...’"

add a NOLINK its to underpowered and overpowered at the same time, make it exert 2 twilight nazgukl and give the freeps a way to prevent it, say add 3-4 burdens.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:37 pm
Made a few of the changes suggested. Somehow the last part of Kill The One Who Carries It (specifically the "It" and culture) were cut off. Thanks for spotting this! Very Happy

Today we finish the Wraith culture. It has been a fun one developing,

5Úlairë Nelya, Hunter of the Night Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Site: 2
Hunter 2. Fierce.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Úlairë Nelya gains twilight.
When you play Úlairë Nelya, you may take a Wraith condition into hand from your draw deck.

----

1 Relentless Pursuit Wraith
Condition
Strength: -1
To play, exert a Nazgûl. Bearer must be an unbound companion. Limit one per bearer.
Each Nazgûl skirmishing bearer gains hunter 1.

----

2 Flung Aside Wraith
Event • Assignment
Exert a Nazgûl to and spot an unbound companion with a strength less than the printed strength of that Nazgûl to prevent that companion from being assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:40 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 2. Fierce.
When you play Úlairë Nelya, you may take a Wraith condition into hand from your draw deck.

good, i like it.

----

Condition
To play, exert a Nazgûl. Bearer must be an unbound companion. Limit one per bearer.

sweet!!!11!!1!!

----

2 Flung Aside Wraith
Event • Assignment
Exert a Nazgûl to and spot an unbound companion with a strength less than that Nazgûl to prevent that companion from being assigned to a skirmish this turn.

how about until the regroup phase.

good job!

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:46 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Today we finish the Wraith culture. It has been a fun one developing,

Awww, already? Seems like you just got started....

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 2. Fierce.

No twilight here, huh? That’s okay...still a cool minion.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Condition

Pretty cool. Might want to limit when they can play it, though, like perhaps only during the regroup phase.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
2 Flung Aside Wraith
Event • Assignment
Exert a Nazgûl to and spot an unbound companion with a strength less than that Nazgûl to prevent that companion from being assigned to a skirmish this turn.

Got an extra "to" in there. And I agree with mm; make it until the regroup phase.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:50 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 2. Fierce.

Hmm...that’s really powerful. Any Wraith condition? Yikes! Maybe require an exertion, or double exertion?

Condition

Sweet. I like this one.

2 Flung Aside Wraith
Event • Assignment
Eeesh! That’s so powerful...change it to this: "to prevent that companion from being assigned to skirmish that minion this turn." Like Uruk Guard.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:11 pm
kill the one who carries it is still ...well overpowered and underpowered.
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 2. Fierce.
FBM
----

Condition
make it resistance -1 IMO
----

2 Flung Aside Wraith
Event • Assignment

nice maybe that nazguls printed strength,
"DáinIronfoot"
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:46 pm
Changes made. Smile

Recapping the Wraith culture: the unloaded keyword twilight makes its return in an entirely different way. All of the Nazgûl in Ambush at Amon Hen are able to gain twilight but only if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring. There are ways included in the set to help these dark minions with this. The usual Wraith-condition bearing is also present, incorporating itself with the twilight Nazgûl.

The Wraith culture:

5Úlairë Cantëa, Hunter of the Night Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 2. Fierce.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Úlairë Cantëa gains twilight.
Assignment: Exert Úlairë Cantëa, spot another twilight Nazgûl, and exert a twilight Nazgûl to make the Free Peoples player assign Úlairë Cantëa to a companion bearing a Wraith condition.

----

4Úlairë Lemenya, Hunter of the Night Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 9
Vitality: 2
Hunter 1. Fierce.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Úlairë Lemenya gains twilight.
Each time a Wraith condition is transferred to a companion, you may exert Úlairë Lemenya and spot another twilight Nazgûl to exert a companion.

----

Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 2. Fierce.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Úlairë Nelya gains twilight.

----

1 Morgul Dagger Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
Bearer gains hunter 1.
While skirmishing a companion bearing a Wraith condition, bearer is damage +1.

----

4 A Knife in the Dark Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Resistance: -2
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing your Nazgûl. Limit one per bearer.
Each time bearer is assigned to skirmish a Nazgûl bearing a hand weapon, exert bearer (or wound bearer if you can spot a twilight Nazgûl).

----

Condition

----

2 Flung Aside Wraith
Event • Assignment
Exert a Nazgûl to and spot an unbound companion with a strength less than the printed strength of that Nazgûl to prevent that companion from being assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.

----

4 Kill the One Who Carries It Wraith
Event • Assignment
Exert 4 Nazgûl (or spot 4 Nazgûl and exert 2 twilight Nazgûl) to assign a twilight Nazgûl to skirmish the Ring-bearer.
"’They will find The Ring...’"

----

1 Slaves to His Will Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Exert 2 Nazgûl (or spot 2 Nazgûl and exert a twilight Nazgûl) to make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
"’They will never stop hunting you.’"
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:06 pm
Next up on the plate: Gondor!

I was so impressed by menace64’s ideas on Ring-bound companions that I have decided to use that as the primary strategy in Ambush at Amon Hen! The cards will then be divided accordingly: half of the cards focus on Aragorn being an able guide while the other look at Boromir’s noble last stand.

Thus begins the Gondor culture!

3Boromir, Steward’s Heir Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Resistance: 5
Ring-bound. Enduring.
While Boromir is exhausted, he is damage +1.

----

1Horn of Boromir, Gondorian Heirloom Gondor
Possession
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be Boromir.
Skirmish: If Boromir is exhausted, discard 2 Gondor cards from hand to make him strength +2 for each unbound Hobbit not assigned to a skirmish (limit +4).
"’The Horn of Boromir,’ he cried. ’He is in need!’"

----

1 Fencing Lessons Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Ring-bound Man to make an unbound Hobbit strength +2 (or +4 if that Hobbit bears a hand weapon).
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
I was so impressed by menace64’s ideas on Ring-bound companions that I have decided to use that as the primary strategy in Ambush at Amon Hen!

Hey! That was my idea! Crying or Very sad

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
3Boromir, Steward’s Heir Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Resistance: 5
Ring-bound. Enduring.
While Boromir is exhausted, he is damage +1.

Cool. Pretty powerful, but also very cool.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1Horn of Boromir, Gondorian Heirloom Gondor
Possession
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be Boromir.
Skirmish: If Boromir is exhausted, discard 2 Gondor cards from hand to make him strength +2 for each unbound Hobbit not assigned to a skirmish (limit +4).
"’The Horn of Boromir,’ he cried. ’He is in need!’"

Neat.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 Fencing Lessons Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Ring-bound Man to make an unbound Hobbit strength +2 (or +4 if that Hobbit bears a hand weapon).

Yeah, I always liked that little scene.

Oh yeah, and it’s a cool little card, too. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards