LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:17 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Thanks for the comments, everyone! They are most appreciated. All who have reviewed will receive a GP for their kind efforts to further this set. Smile

I’ve made some alternations to Black Feather, as per suggestions. The spotting requirement of an Orc token was dropped, as two Orc archers should be adequate. Also, the ability has been changed from removing 3 to removing 2 Orc tokens, as it fits one of the themes that my Orc culture contains...

Theme? Did someone say theme? Indeed I did! One of the main sub-strategies of the Orc culture is cultural tokens, as this culture seemed to be abandoned in the token frenzy of Bloodlines. Perhaps it would be best to demonstrate this through today’s cards. Very Happy

----

5Band of Goblin Bowmen Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Archer.
While you can spot 5 or more culture tokens, the minion archery total is +2.

A Desert Wind...

0 Archer’s Ledge Orc
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Orc token here for each Orc archer you can spot.
Archery: If the fellowship is at an underground site, remove an Orc token from here or discard this condition to make the minion archery total +1.

Ouch. Rather...powerful. Compare to Howdah

2 Whistling Arrows Orc
Event • Archery
Exert an Orc archer to make the Free Peoples choose 2 companions. Exert each other companion. Then, if the fellowship is at an underground site, reinforce an Orc token.
"An arrow whistled over Frodo’s head."

Okay, this strategy is already reinforcing better than Corsairs. This is creeping me out...this deck will own everything...

Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:24 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Orc
Archer.
While you can spot 5 or more culture tokens, the minion archery total is +2.

Yeah, like NB said, this is almost an exact copy of Desert Wind. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but you may want to find a way to make it a little more unique.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
0 Archer’s Ledge Orc
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Orc token here for each Orc archer you can spot.
Archery: If the fellowship is at an underground site, remove an Orc token from here or discard this condition to make the minion archery total +1.

Again, what NB said. This is too good. Maybe exert an Orc archer in addition to removing the token or something, and perhaps add a cap on the number of tokens initially added. 3 would probably be good.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
2 Whistling Arrows Orc
Event • Archery
Exert an Orc archer to make the Free Peoples choose 2 companions. Exert each other companion. Then, if the fellowship is at an underground site, reinforce an Orc token.

OUCH! Maybe limit it with something like this:

2 Whistling Arrows Orc
Event • Archery
Exert an Orc archer to make the Free Peoples choose 2 companions. Exert X other companions, where X is the number of Orc archers you can spot.

Note I removed the token part entirely. Neat idea, but way too powerful with all the exertions this already adds.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:32 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Yeah, like NB said, this is almost an exact copy of Desert Wind. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but you may want to find a way to make it a little more unique.

Though the primary abilities are the same, there are some key differences between this card and Desert Wind. I suppose I could think of some way to differentiate the two more so.

EDIT: I added that the minion archery total is +3 if the fellowship is also at an underground site, but I’m thinking that might be too powerful. Thoughts?

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Again, what NB said. This is too good. Maybe exert an Orc archer in addition to removing the token or something, and perhaps add a cap on the number of tokens initially added. 3 would probably be good.

This card was meant to be the Orkish Howdah. To date, the only Orc archers are the ones in my set. Also, there’s the requirement of being underground for this card to work. However, I can see where this could get a little out of hand, so perhaps a limit to the number of times it can be played per turn?

DáinIronfoot wrote:
OUCH! Maybe limit it with something like this:

2 Whistling Arrows Orc
Event • Archery
Exert an Orc archer to make the Free Peoples choose 2 companions. Exert X other companions, where X is the number of Orc archers you can spot.

Note I removed the token part entirely. Neat idea, but way too powerful with all the exertions this already adds.

I figured this one could be a little too powerful as well. I like your version, Dáin, even if it does lose its token effect.

Cards edited accordingly! Thanks for the speedy reviews. At this rate, we may see more cards before the day turns...Wink
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:41 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
3 Vicious Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Archer.
Shadow: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert this minion to make one of your other Orc minions gain archer until the regroup phase.

"Beyond the fire he saw swarming black figures..."

Cool!

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1Black Feather Orc
Condition
Resistance: -1
To play, spot two Orc archers. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
Each time bearer takes a wound during the archery phase, you may remove 2 Orc tokens to discard a possession borne by bearer.

"Another pierced Gandalf’s hat and stuck there like a black feather."

Neat.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 Arrows Fell Among Them Orc
Event • Archery
Exert an Orc archer at an underground site to make the minion archery total +1 and reinforce an Orc token.

"One struck Frodo and sprang back."

Awesome.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Orc
Archer.
While you can spot 5 or more culture tokens, the minion archery total is +2 (or +3 if the fellowship is at an underground site).

I would drop the vitality to 2.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
0 Archer’s Ledge Orc
Condition • Support Area
Archery: If the fellowship is at an underground site, remove an Orc token from here or discard this condition to make the minion archery total +1 (limit once per turn).

I would actually be in favor of a whole new idea for the card, because what with the previous card these Orcs seem to basically be carbon copies of Men archery.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
2 Whistling Arrows Orc
Event • Archery

Cool. Thumbs Up

Great cards! GP I wish Decipher would make Orc archery stuff.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:04 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I would drop the vitality to 2.

Done.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I would actually be in favor of a whole new idea for the card, because what with the previous card these Orcs seem to basically be carbon copies of Men archery.

Hmm...I can do that. I see the concern of following too closely in the footsteps of the Men (we want the Orc culture to be unique, after all). Card edited!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:35 pm
On to today’s card, which continue to add to the Orc archery strategy! Dancing

----

2 Goblin Sharpshooter Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Archer.
Archery: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player wound a companion; this minion does not add to the minion archery total.

----

1 Bow of the Black Pit Orc
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Orc minion.
Bearer is an archer.

----

2 Secure Vantage Orc
Event • Archery
Toil 1. To play, spot an Orc archer.
Heal a companion to make the Free Peoples player wound another companion.
The dark chasm of Moria provided the goblin bowmen an advantage over the Nine Walkers.
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
On to today’s card, which continue to add to the Orc archery strategy! Dancing

----

Minion • Orc
While the fellowship is at an underground site, this minion is an archer.

----
OK I would make him archer and if at an underground site you may exert him to wound a companion he doesn’t add to said archery total Smile

Bearer is an archer.
works for me
----

3 Secure Vantage Orc
Event • Archery
Toil 1.
The dark chasm of Moria provided the goblin bowmen an advantage over the Nine Walkers.

except the ring-bearer IMO.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Orc
While the fellowship is at an underground site, this minion is an archer.

He works, yeah.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Bearer is an archer.

Raise the cost to 2 or drop the strength boost. Otherwise this is way too good.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
3 Secure Vantage Orc
Event • Archery
Toil 1.

Very interesting. Perhaps lower the cost to 2 and spot an Orc archer.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:48 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
OK I would make him archer and if at an underground site you may exert him to wound a companion he doesn’t add to said archery total

Interesting. Sure, why not? Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Raise the cost to 2 or drop the strength boost. Otherwise this is way too good.

Compared to Long Battle Bow, it’s hardly as good. Of course, the Orc does have the wounding strategy. I’ll think about this one,

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Very interesting. Perhaps lower the cost to 2 and spot an Orc archer.

Done.

Thanks for the reviews everyone! GP
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:32 pm
A little delayed, but they are here nonetheless! Today we wrap up the Orc archery strategy with 3 interesting minions. Twisted Evil

----

4Archer Commander, Relentless Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Archer. To play, spot an Orc archer.
Each Orc archer gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).
Even as the fellowship continued to slip past their arrows, the goblin archers never faltered.

----

2 Bowman of the Underdeeps Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Archer.
Each time a companion is killed during the archery phase, reinforce an Orc token (or two Orc tokens if the fellowship is at an underground site).

----

2 Goblin Sniper Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Archer. To play, spot an Orc archer.
Archery: Exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player wound a companion; this minion does not add to the fellowship archery total. If the fellowship is at an underground site, you may take the next archery action.
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards