LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:36 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
4Archer Commander, Relentless Bowman Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
Archer. To play, spot an Orc archer.
Each Orc archer gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).
Even as the fellowship continued to slip past their arrows, the goblin archers never faltered.

Cool.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
2 Bowman of the Underdeeps Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Archer.
Each time a companion is killed during the archery phase, reinforce an Orc token (or two Orc tokens if the fellowship is at an underground site).

Maybe add ’you may’.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 Goblin Sniper Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Archery: Exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player wound a companion; this minion does not add to the fellowship archery total. If the fellowship is at an underground site, you may take the next archery action.

I love the ability, but having it on such a cheap minion with great stats and the archer keyword seems too powerful. I would increase the cost to at least 2.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Each Orc archer gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).
Even as the fellowship continued to slip past their arrows, the goblin archers never faltered.

The only problem I have is his stats changing so drastically. He used to be 8/2, so why the jump to 11? I can see 9 or something, but a jump of 3 seems unnecessary, especially with the hunter text. Drop it back to 9--or better still, 8--and I’ll be happy.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Minion • Orc
Archer.
Each time a companion is killed during the archery phase, reinforce an Orc token (or two Orc tokens if the fellowship is at an underground site).

Neat.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 Goblin Sniper Orc
Minion • Orc
Archery: Exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player wound a companion; this minion does not add to the fellowship archery total. If the fellowship is at an underground site, you may take the next archery action.

Yeah, like AC said, up his cost to 2.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:37 pm
I lowered Archer Commander, Relentless Bowman’s strength back to 9. He gets his own hunter benefits anyway (I didn’t think of that originally), so there’s a good chance he’ll be strength 11. The reason I originally had him at 11 was because of the comparisons I made with some of the more modern 4-costing unique minions. I was afraid he’s be a little underpowered. But I’m perfectly fine with him being at 9.

Goblin Sniper’s cost raised to 2. Thanks for the comments, guys! GP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:16 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
good job!
----

Minion • Orc
Archer.
make him 5 strength and cost 1 IMO
----

2 Goblin Sniper Orc
Minion • Orc

make it cost 1 IMO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:53 pm
I’ll go back and review the cards I missed whilst on vacation.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
2 Goblin Sharpshooter Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Archer.
Archery: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player wound a companion; this minion does not add to the minion archery total.

Balanced.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
1 Bow of the Black Pit Orc
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Orc minion.
Bearer is an archer.

Cool, a good solid ranged weapon. I like it. GP

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
2 Secure Vantage Orc
Event • Archery
Toil 1. To play, spot an Orc archer.
Heal a companion to make the Free Peoples player wound another companion.
The dark chasm of Moria provided the goblin bowmen an advantage over the Nine Walkers.

Cool, maybe a bit underpowered though. It’d be interesting to use in a deck.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:44 pm
Today we begin the second half of the Orc culture. Like some of the Orc culture’s ancestors, this half of Sauron’s lackeys deals primarily with bearing possessions. Sub-strategies still include dwelling in the darkness of underground sites and even more Orc cultural tokens! Smile

---

3 Plundering Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 8
Shadow: Exert this minion and remove 1 to play an Orc possession on this minion from your discard pile.
Long have the goblins enjoyed the spoils of Balin’s halls.

----

2 Blackened Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer is strength +1 for each wound on each character in its skirmish (or strength +2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).
"Some of the swords were crooked: orc-scimitars with blackened blades."

----

3 •Spoils of Moria Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Each time an Orc minion wins a skirmish, you may exert that minion to transfer a possession borne by a character in that skirmish to one of your Orc minions. Your minion gains all strength bonuses from that possession.

---

I’m not sure if the last card will work. I might have to include something about treating it as a Shadow possession.
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:56 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Today we begin the second half of the Orc culture. Like some of the Orc culture’s ancestors, this half of Sauron’s lackeys deals primarily with bearing possessions. Sub-strategies still include dwelling in the darkness of underground sites and even more Orc cultural tokens! Smile

I like where you are going with this. Smile

---

3 Plundering Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion and remove 1 to play an Orc possession on this minion from your discard pile.

Really balanced card. GJ!

----

2 Blackened Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer is strength +1 for each wound on each character in its skirmish (or strength +2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).

Hmm...I think it should just be a +1 automatic bonus. Otherwise, it could get deadly fast.

----

3 •Spoils of Moria Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each time an Orc minion wins a skirmish, you may exert that minion to transfer a possession borne by a character in that skirmish to one of your Orc minions. Your minion gains all strength bonuses from that possession.

The last line of text isn’t needed. Good card, GP!
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:56 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

---

3 Plundering Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc

very nice!

----

2 Blackened Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon

good combo with the card above, automatic strength +4 if underground, and more for each wound on the character he is skirmishing.

----

3 •Spoils of Moria Orc
Condition • Support Area

---

I’m not sure if the last card will work. I might have to include something about treating it as a Shadow possession.

yeah, this one is tough, because the minion wouldn’t be able to bear a freeps weapon, and each character can only bear one of each type of possession. i think it is balanced though!
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:00 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
3 Plundering Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc

Good.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
2 Blackened Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon

Ouch! Lower the initial bonus to +1.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
3 •Spoils of Moria Orc
Condition • Support Area

You’d need more qualifying text removing all game text from Free Peoples possessions and limiting them to strength and vitality bonuses only. It’s very cool, and I’ve tried developing similar cards to varying degrees of success. It’s tough, but I salute you for trying. Good luck with all the comments you’re sure to recieve. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:15 pm
Thanks for the speedy reviews, everyone! GP is definitely in store.

Concerning Blackened Blade, I might consider lowering the initial strength bonus to 1. I want a few more opinions before I decide on anything, though.

For Spoils of Moria, do I need to add that it’s treated as a Shadow possession and loses all Free Peoples text? I think this would counteract the rules and allow your minions to bear possessions. Imagine stealing a Glamdring right out of Gandalf’s hands! Very Happy
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards