LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow. I started the Duos on the 17th of January. 100 Duos in only two months. That’s got to be some kind of record! Mr. Green

To celebrate, we’re kicking off the next culture, Moria, with TEN cards. Obviously, with that many cards, I don’t plan on posting any more until tomorrow...but that doesn’t mean I’m done posting! Keep an eye out for even MORE cards--in a different thread--very soon. Very Happy

Anyway, back to the topic at hand....

Dáin’s DC Duos #100

Today begins the grand return of Moria as a major culture. For a long time, Moria has been just a means of keeping the Balrog around. It’s been a long time since we saw the swarming Moria goblins we all remember fondly. Decipher’s tried to bring them back as sort of subculture of the Orc culture, but it’s not the same.

Now, they’re back. Twisted Evil

Moria Orcs are still excellent at swarming, but they’ve picked up a few new tricks, too. In The Hobbit, the goblins capture all of Thorin’s company (except a certain crafty Wizard), so guess which new mechanic they’re good at? Very Happy They also have a few more big goblins than you’re used to, which can dish out plenty of damage as either part of a swarm or on their own.

And it’s not all goblins, either. There’s another Moria race that was pretty big in The Hobbit, so big that it made up one of the five races in the Battle of Five Armies. And they work VERY well with their goblins allies.

I think that’s enough hyping. On to the cards! Enjoy!

4Great Goblin, Truly Tremendous One Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Fierce. Lurker.
To play, spot a Moria Orc.
Each time a Moria Orc wins a skirmish, you may exert Great Goblin twice to capture a character in that skirmish.
“‘Murderers and elf-friends!...Take them away to dark holes full of snakes, and never let them see the light again!’”

3 Hobgoblin Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Tracker. Enduring. Fierce.
“‘...right among the slopes of the Grey Mountains, and they are simply stiff with goblins, hobgoblins, and rest of the worst description.’”

4Goblin Captain Moria
Minion • Orc
Damage +1. Fierce.
Each Moria Orc at a mountain or underground site is fierce.
“‘There is a shadow by the door. Something is outside!’”

1 Goblin-Driver Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Vitality: 1
This minion is strength +1 for each captured character in your support area.
“‘Swish, smack! Whip crack! / Batter and beat! Yammer and bleat! / Work, work! Nor dare to shirk....’”

1 Goblin Rider Moria
Minion • Orc
Vitality: 2
Site: 5
Tracker. Hunter 1.
When you play this minion, you may exert it to play a Moria mount on it from your draw deck.
“...already their cries and howls rent the air afar.”

3 Wild Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Strength: 10
Site: 3
Tracker.
To play, spot 2 Moria minions (or a Moria Warg). This minion may not bear possessions.
Response: If this minion takes a wound, it is fierce until the regroup phase.
“The Wargs and the goblins often helped one another in wicked deeds.”

0 Clever Things Moria
Event • Shadow
Exert your Moria Orc to play a machine or engine from your draw deck.
“...they invented some of the machines that have since troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once, for wheels and engines and explosions always delighted them....”

1 Goblin-Raid Moria
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Spot X Moria Orcs to make X Moria Wargs (or X mounted Moria Orcs) strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“...even the Wargs dared not attack them if there were many together, or in the bright day. But now they had planned with the goblins’ help to come by night upon some of the villages nearest the mountains.”

1 Out Of The Frying-Pan, Into The Fire Moria
Event • Response
If a companion wins or cancels a skirmish involving a Moria minion, you may exert your unassigned Moria Orc or Moria Warg to assign it that companion.
“‘Escaping goblins to be caught by wolves!’”

3Spread In Secret Moria
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot two threats.
While the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, the twilight cost of each of your Moria Orcs is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
“Out jumped the goblins, big goblins, great ugly-looking goblins, lots of goblins, before you could say rocks and blocks.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 28 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:41 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Wow. I started the Duos on the 17th of January. 100 Duos in only two months. That’s got to be some kind of record! Mr. Green

To celebrate, we’re kicking off the next culture, Moria, with TEN cards. Obviously, with that many cards, I don’t plan on posting any more until tomorrow...but that doesn’t mean I’m done posting! Keep an eye out for even MORE cards--in a different thread--very soon. Very Happy

Anyway, back to the topic at hand....

Dáin’s DC Duos #100

Today begins the grand return of Moria as a major culture. For a long time, Moria has been just a means of keeping the Balrog around. It’s been a long time since we saw the swarming Moria goblins we all remember fondly. Decipher’s tried to bring them back as sort of subculture of the Orc culture, but it’s not the same.

Moria Orcs are still excellent at swarming, but they’ve picked up a few new tricks, too. In The Hobbit, the goblins capture all of Thorin’s company (except a certain crafty Wizard), so guess which new mechanic they’re good at? Very Happy They also have a few more big goblins than you’re used to, which can dish out plenty of damage as either part of a swarm or on their own.

And it’s not all goblins, either. There’s another Moria race that was pretty big in The Hobbit, so big that it made up one of the five races in the Battle of Five Armies. And they work VERY well with their goblins allies.

Minion • Orc
Fierce. Lurker.
Each time a Moria Orc wins a skirmish, you may exert Great Goblin twice to capture a character in that skirmish.
“‘Murderers and elf-friends!...Take them away to dark holes full of snakes, and never let them see the light again!’”
Wow. Capturing companions??? Ouch.

2 Hobgoblin Moria
Minion • Orc
“‘...right among the slopes of the Grey Mountains, and they are simply stiff with goblins, hobgoblins, and rest of the worst description.’”
Cool!

4Goblin Captain Moria
Minion • Orc
Damage +1. Fierce.
Moria Orcs are fierce.
Interesting...

1 Goblin-Driver Moria
Minion • Orc
“‘Swish, smack! Whip crack! / Batter and beat! Yammer and bleat! / Work, work! Nor dare to shirk....’”
I LOVE that lore! My favorite part in the whole book, seriously... the Goblin Song...

Anyways, the card looks good. Remind me, though, about the rules on captured companions. How does the FP player get them back? What happens to cards they bear? Can the FP player play another copy of that companion, if it’s unique?

1 Goblin Rider Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may discard a Moria card from hand to play a Moria mount on it from your draw deck.
Moria mounts? Interesting... can’t wait to se them! The ability seems good. Great for cycling (one card out of hand, one out of deck).

3 Wild Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Tracker.
To play, spot 2 Moria minions (or a Moria Warg). This minion may not bear possessions.
Wow. If you can’t beat it twice, might as well not beat it at all, eh?

1 Clever Things Moria
Event • Shadow
“...they invented some of the machines that have since troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once, for wheels and engines and explosions always delighted them....”
Will we be seeing some Moria engines and machines? I hope so.

1 Goblin-Raid Moria
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Spot X Moria Orcs to make X Moria Wargs (or X mounted Moria Orcs) strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“...even the Wargs dared not attack them if there were many together, or in the bright day. But now they had planned with the goblins’ help to come by night upon some of the villages nearest the mountains.”
That’s a bit weird. If you can spot any number of mounted Moria orcs, you have to be able to spot at least that many Moria orcs total. So this event would make each mounted orc +1, with extra stuff for wargs if you have extra orcs around. I like it, though.

2 Out Of The Frying-Pan, Into The Fire Moria
Event • Response
If a companion wins or cancels a skirmish involving a Moria minion, you may assign your unassigned Moria Orc or Moria Warg to that companion.
Wow. Fun stuff. I’d lower the cost, and add an exertion. Just so you don’t have to keep that 2 twilight around.

3Spread In Secret Moria
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, the twilight cost of each of your Moria Orcs is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
“Out jumped the goblins, big goblins, great ugly-looking goblins, lots of goblins, before you could say rocks and blocks.”
Oh, wow. Beastly swarm card. It seems okay, though.

You have a lot to live up to, Dain. I’m still waiting to see those Mounts, more Wargs, Engines and Machines, and cards that add threats.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:49 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #100

Minion • Orc
Fierce. Lurker.

YIKES! I see how good they are at capturing. This thing would be x-ed in a second. If Durin happens to simply wound a minion instead of overwhelming him...good-bye dwarf deck.

2 Hobgoblin Moria
Minion • Orc

Tracker? Is there going to be some sort of tracker strategy with Moria?

4Goblin Captain Moria
Minion • Orc
Damage +1. Fierce.
Moria Orcs are fierce.

Whoa! Again pretty powerful.

1 Goblin-Driver Moria
Minion • Orc

Nice.

1 Goblin Rider Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may discard a Moria card from hand to play a Moria mount on it from your draw deck.

Nice. Tracker? Hm...

3 Wild Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Tracker.

Why isn’t it a mount?

1 Clever Things Moria
Event • Shadow

0 would be better.

1 Goblin-Raid Moria
Event • Maneuver
Search.

Eh? Weird. Sorry, I would never use it...

2 Out Of The Frying-Pan, Into The Fire Moria
Event • Response
If a companion wins or cancels a skirmish involving a Moria minion, you may assign your unassigned Moria Orc or Moria Warg to that companion.

Nice.

3Spread In Secret Moria
Condition • Support Area

[b]Yeowch. I would use it. Rather powerful, you now have Moria Scout at the sam twilight as Goblin Runner, and with 2x Goblin Armories out, Goblin Scavengers is rather cheap.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:58 pm
NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Orc
Fierce. Lurker.

YIKES! I see how good they are at capturing. This thing would be x-ed in a second. If Durin happens to simply wound a minion instead of overwhelming him...good-bye dwarf deck.

I’m a little confused...you did see the Moria Orc has to WIN the skirmish first, right? If Durin beat the goblin and didn’t overwhelm him, the capturing text would never trigger.

NBarden wrote:
Is there going to be some sort of tracker strategy with Moria?

OH yeah.

NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Wild Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Tracker.

Why isn’t it a mount?

Because this is the other Moria race I mentioned. Very Happy There will be mounts, don’t worry.

elf lvr wrote:
Remind me, though, about the rules on captured companions. How does the FP player get them back? What happens to cards they bear? Can the FP player play another copy of that companion, if it’s unique?

I’ve got a long description posted back in Duo #17. Eventually I need to get that up somewhere else, don’t I? Razz

elf lvr wrote:
You have a lot to live up to, Dain. I’m still waiting to see those Mounts, more Wargs, Engines and Machines, and cards that add threats.

Not so sure about the engines and machines, at least for Moria, but we’ll see. The rest of that, though, I don’t think I’ll disappoint. Smile

Thanks for the reviews. GPs as soon as I am able!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Orc
Fierce. Lurker.
haven’t we seen this before, or did someone else get it?

2 Hobgoblin Moria
Minion • Orc
enduring is relatively useless with 2 vitality. give him 3 vitality IMO

4Goblin Captain Moria
Minion • Orc
Damage +1. Fierce.
Moria Orcs are fierce.
maybe make it "each of YOUR moria..."

1 Goblin-Driver Moria
Minion • Orc
FBM

1 Goblin Rider Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
sure

3 Wild Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Tracker.
good

0 Clever Things Moria
Event • Shadow
fine by me

1 Goblin-Raid Moria
Event • Maneuver
Search.
boy these are good cards!

Event • Response
If a companion wins or cancels a skirmish involving a Moria minion, you may exert your unassigned Moria Orc or Moria Warg to assign it that companion.
I think it should be worded your moria orc or warg not assigned to a skirmish,,,

3Spread In Secret Moria
Condition • Support Area

fine

Good cards dain, a :GP:
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:52 pm
Oops. For some reason I thought it said takes a wound in a skirmish Think Don’t ask why...

Okay, a lot less powerful now.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:38 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Orc
Fierce. Lurker.

Interesting, especially if you have Moria dealing with captured companions.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Hobgoblin Moria
Minion • Orc

Simple enough.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Goblin Captain Moria
Minion • Orc
Damage +1. Fierce.
Moria Orcs are fierce.

Nice! I like the simplicity yet pure audacity these Moria Orcs bring!

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Goblin-Driver Moria
Minion • Orc

Cool. Maybe give it hunter 1. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Goblin Rider Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker.

I would definitely make this guy have a hunter bonus.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Wild Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Tracker.

I never have been too keen on independent Wargs (I always though they were well suited as mounts; though I did have this cool idea where with one Warg where, should the minion riding it be discarded, the Warg becomes a minion for a time being), but this guy is just plain awesome. Cool

DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Clever Things Moria
Event • Shadow

I do hope you make some machines or engines to go with this. If not, it’s still a decent splash in the old Isengard decks that use such trinkets.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Goblin-Raid Moria
Event • Maneuver
Search.

Nice.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Response

I would split the title and have them play off of each other. But very cool. GP

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Spread In Secret Moria
Condition • Support Area

Sweet! Ten excellent, top of the line cards!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:39 pm
Made a few changes. Thanks! I’m still working on awarding GPs.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:10 pm
Okay, I THINK I’ve awarded GPs to all reviewers now. Let me know if I missed you!

I think we’re ready for more cards! Very Happy

Dáin’s DC Duos #101

An actual Duo this time...just two cards. Very Happy Nothing ground-breaking today: just a couple little goblins. Enjoy!

1 Goblin Tunneler Moria
Minion • Orc
While at an underground site, this minion is strength +2.
Shadow: If the fellowship is at a mountain site, discard this minion to make the current site gain underground.
“They can tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble....”

2 Goblin Forger Moria
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to play a Moria possession from your draw deck.
“Hammers, axes, swords, daggers, pickaxes, tongs, and also instruments of torture, they make very well, or get other people to make to their design, prisoners and slaves that have to work till they die for want of air and light.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:33 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Goblin Tunneler Moria
Minion • Orc
While at an underground site, this minion is strength +2.
Shadow: While at a mountain, discard this minion to make the current site an underground site.
“They can tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble....”

Interesting. This makes me think you’ll really like the Dwarves in my Dark Minions (unless I messed the Dwarves up as much as I did the Ents... - but I don’t think I have)
I do like the abilities, and it makes sense (partially, because of my Dwarves), and I think it’s simple and well made.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Forger Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 4
Shadow: Exert this minion to play a Moria possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Hammers, axes, swords, daggers, pickaxes, tongs, and also instruments of torture, they make very well, or get other people to make to their design, prisoners and slaves that have to work till they die for want of air and light.”

Okay... Unless Moria will have heavy Shadow phase healing or vitality boosts, this is good, but I don’t think too strong.

The only thing I’d be potentially worried about is being able to play a Moria possession from anywhere (basically) on anyone that it can go on. If you wanted to weaken it a little, I’d have it only play from your discard pile, but I’m pretty sure it’s not necessary.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards