LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Lost Heir
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:05 am
Here are some of my Dwarven cards, more coming...
GP to the first review.

Lord: While each minion is assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2.

2 •Gimli, Master Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Lord.
Gimli is strength +1 for each condition with a Dwarven token on it (limit +3).
Gimli is strength -1 for each Shadow condition with a culture token on it (limit -3).
“...his hand gripped the handle of his axe, and his dark eyes flashed.”
LG R 50

0 Immeasurable Halls Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this, add a Dwarven token here for each Dwarf you can spot (limit 3).
Skirmish: Discard this condition or remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to reveal the top card of your draw deck; make a Dwarf strength +X, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed. Discard the revealed card.
“’...as fair as Kheled-zaram in the starlight.’”
LG U 51

2 •Gimli’s Battle Axe, Weapon of War Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gimli.
He is damage +1.
Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token.
LG R 52

1 Fury of the Dwarves Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Skirmish: Make a Dwarf strength +2 (or +3 and damage +1 if you can spot a Dwarven Lord).
LG C 53
Last edited by Lost Heir on Tue May 22, 2007 7:03 am; edited 3 times in totalCheck out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:35 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Lost Heir wrote:
Lord: While you cannot spot a minion not assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2.

Those double-negatives hurt my brain, and I suspect I’m not the only one. Might be clearer to say something like "While you can spot a minion, and each minion is assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2."

Lost Heir wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Lord.
Gimli is strength +1 for each condition with a Dwarven token on it.
Gimli is strength -1 for each Shadow condition with a culture token on it.
LG R 50

Very interesting. He could be huge, or he could be small, depending on how the game progresses. I think I’d limit them to +3 and -3, though.

Lost Heir wrote:
Condition • Support Area
When you play this, add a Dwarven token here for each Dwarf you can spot. (limit 3).
Skirmish: Discard this condition or remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to reveal the top card of your draw deck, make a Dwarf strength +X, where X equals the twilight cost of the card revealed. Discard the revealed card.
LG U 51

You need to either put a semicolor after "draw deck" or make the sentence end there and start a new one with "Make a Dwarf...". Good otherwise, though. Thumbs Up

Lost Heir wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Damage +1.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token.
LG R 52

You need to specify who can bear it and then say "Bearer is damage +1. I think I’d let any Dwarf bear it (which seems to be your intent) and only give the damage bonus if bearer is Gimli, but that’s me.

Lost Heir wrote:
0 Fury of the Dwarves Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Skirmish: Make a Dwarf strength +2 (or +3 and damage +1 if you can spot a Dwarven Lord).
LG C 53

I think it needs to cost 1. See Awkward Moment and the very similiar Khazad Ai-menu.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Lost Heir
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:12 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Those double-negatives hurt my brain, and I suspect I’m not the only one. Might be clearer to say something like "While you can spot a minion, and each minion is assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2."

Would it work just to say "While each minion is assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2"?

--LH
Check out my Trade List!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:15 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Lost Heir wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Would it work just to say "While each minion is assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2"?

Yeah, I THINK so. The only potential issue I see is if there are no minions in play...but I don’t think that would mess anything up.

So, yes. That works. I think. Rolling Eyes
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:26 pm
If there are no minions, the strength bonus would be moot anyway, not?

Cool cards, anyway, and I agree with the changes Dain suggested.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Lost Heir wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Lord.
Gimli is strength -1 for each Shadow condition with a culture token on it (limit -3).
LG R 50
sweet!

Condition • Support Area
When you play this, add a Dwarven token here for each Dwarf you can spot (limit 3).
Skirmish: Discard this condition or remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to reveal the top card of your draw deck; make a Dwarf strength +X, where X equals the twilight cost of the card revealed. Discard the revealed card.
LG U 51
make it place it beneath your draw deck

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gimli.
He is damage +1.
LG R 52
cool
Event • Skirmish
LG C 53

nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Lost Heir wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Lord.
LG R 50

Nice card! I like the interesting balance, especially because Shadow tokens seem to be coming back. He’d become a massive tank, too...
Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition or remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to reveal the top card of your draw deck; make a Dwarf strength +X, where X equals the twilight cost of the card revealed. Discard the revealed card.
LG U 51

Nice job, although Dwarves aren’t known for Telepathy...and they generally have low twilight costs. So maybe I’d use this. Although with Gandalf, Manager of Wizards, of course I’d use it!
Quote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gimli.
He is damage +1.
LG R 52

Owch! This is a plenty powerful card, I think you can safely drop the damage bonus.
Quote:
Event • Skirmish
LG C 53

Nice, nice.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:27 pm
Lost Heir wrote:
Here are some of my Dwarven cards, more coming...
GP to the first review.

Lord: While each minion is assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2.

Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Lord.
LG R 50

Great! Nice idea, and nice subtitle.

Condition • Support Area
LG U 51

I would change ’equals’ to ’is’, just because that’s the usual wording. Good stuff.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gimli.
He is damage +1.
LG R 52

ROCKING! Exactly what Dwarven tokens need!

Event • Skirmish
LG C 53

Good pump!

Great stuff! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Lost Heir
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:04 am
A couple more Dwarven cards.

3 •Gloin, Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tokens, Gloin gains Lord.
While you can spot 4 Dwarven tokens, Gloin gains Muster.
Fellowship: Remove a Dwarven token to place a Dwarven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
”...amid the splendour of their works of hand the hearts of the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain were troubled.”
LG U 54

2 •Don’t Tell the Elf Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, reveal the top card of your draw deck; add X Dwarven tokens here, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed (limit 4).
Regroup: Remove a Dwarven token from here to draw a card.
”Not a word.”
LG C 55
Last edited by Lost Heir on Tue May 22, 2007 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in totalCheck out my Trade List!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 am
Lost Heir wrote:
3 •Gloin, Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tokens, Gloin gains Lord.
While you can spot 4 Dwarven tokens, Gloin gains Muster.
Fellowship: Remove a Dwarven token to place a card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
”...amid the splendour of their works of hand the hearts of the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain were troubled.”
LG U 54

That fellowship ability could be very nice for setting up your Shadow side... I would limit it to a Dwarven card. Thumbs Up

Lost Heir wrote:
1 Don’t Tell the Elf Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, reveal the top card of your draw deck, add X Dwarven tokens here, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed (limit 4).
Regroup: Remove a Dwarven token from here to draw a card.
”Not a word.”
LG C 55

I would make it unique and raise the cost to 3. Smile
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards