LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
66%
  [ 6 ]  66%

22%
  [ 2 ]  22%

11%
  [ 1 ]  11%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 9
r2d2quino
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:11 pm
Dropping by to say I tried the Rakdos deck, and it is pretty cool. Jagged Poppet, however, sometimes is dangerous. But most of the time, it’s the card that just wins the match for you. Also, I tried a few hands at the Golgari build, and it’s very fun to play with, too. The First is right, your black aggressive deck is not that great, but if you add Foul Imp instead of Dash Hopes (keeping Drekavac), it works much better. Be careful with pet cards. Other than that, your whole article seems cool, and I want to thank you for taking the time to write it, because now I will have different decks to play with for a long time.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:14 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Thanks for the comments. As I said, Dash Hopes is more of a pet card of mine, which happens to play well in my meta, but feel absolutely free to drop it. Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
corvus
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:36 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Actually, i like how dark this card is! A dark counter spell that can only be countered with its lust for blood!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
dzejkej
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:21 pm
Felipe,

I finally put together e-library of my MtG cards. I’m really interested what will you create, if you find some time for it. Very Happy

Thank you once again! Applause

MWS format: http://www.gjh.sk/~0kozisek/mtg/MyLibrary.mwInventory
HTML version: http://www.gjh.sk/~0kozisek/mtg/MyLibrary.html
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:22 am
Just so I know, 2 things:
1- How much is our "budget" to add to those cards?
2- I’m travelling this afternoon to play the 2HG PTQ, so I’ll be out of computers until next week...
As soon as I get back, though, if you answered my first question, I’ll try to put something together as fast (and nicely) as I can. Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
dzejkej
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:58 am
1) it depends .. if you say this is deck that can bring me fame and fortune, I can invest a lot Very Happy .. but lets say $20-30.

2) good luck at PTQ! Which type of deck are you going to play? (maybe answering after the PTQ starts will be a lot safer for you, won’t it? Smile )

BTW: I’m not sure if this will count as a budget deck, unless it will cost $20-30 at whole. Is it clever to put it here or do another topic (something like "Deck Builder Challenge [with limited collection and budget]" Think

DzejKej
The First
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:38 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Felipe, I do not have anything against pet cards. But please notice the difference between Browbeat and Temporal Extortion and Dash Hopes in an aggro deck.

Both of MY pet cards should be played during your turn. It is more or less "take x damage" or let me have some advantage. Temporal Extortion is a late game card as well as Browbeat.

Dash Hopes on the other hand, will not necessarily gain you some advantage. It is more a card like: You play a card, do you want to play it bad enough to take 5 damage for it? Besides that, it is a card that will not counter the important cards. It will not counter a Wrath of God. It will not counter a Damnation. But it will counter an occasional Shock. But for the same 2 mana, you could have played a Foul Imp and attack with it next turn. In the worst case scenario, you will have held 2 mana available for no use at all. It might be decent in a disruption/control deck but for aggro, it is lacking the -I am more powerful than you and it is I who will take the initiative, take 5 or die you measily opponent- feel that both the Extortion and Browbeat has.

But if it is working for you, be my guest...

I do not agree about the Drekavac either. Foul Imp is more versatile and can be played all the time while the Drekavac can only be played when you have another card in hand. Ok, 3/3 for 2 is not bad at all but the 1 card disadvantage and no evasion could be a problem.

Indeed, Black is not the aggro color by default. It is lacking the power and aggressiveness that Green and Red has. That’s is why Black needs to play the game clever. Use evasion critters and use removal cards to take out the "monsters".
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
mr.otto
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:20 pm
Felipe Musco, you really seem to know your way around the metagame. Something I really do not. And you really know your way around the budget deck which I do not something about. I think that the decks are really cool and give the budget player a chance to win a couple in FNM which is something that most budget decks do not have a chance to do.
dzejkej
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:52 pm
mr.otto wrote:
Felipe Musco, you really seem to know your way around the metagame. Something I really do not. And you really know your way around the budget deck which I do not something about. I think that the decks are really cool and give the budget player a chance to win a couple in FNM which is something that most budget decks do not have a chance to do.

Agree, Felipe with The First helpful hints .. both are doing really good job in this article. Homage
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:58 pm
Thnaks for the kind words, everyone! Feels good to come back after a trip involving a 7-hour delayed flight, a tour through Rio de Janeiro at 2:30 a.m. because of that (EXTREMELY dangerous to do), a PTQ in which I almost slept on the table on game 1 AND missing dinner with my family (which I haven’t seen in almost 3 years) on Friday because of the wretched delay! Btw, I’ll get to work on YOUR budget tomorrow! Wink
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest