LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
66%
  [ 6 ]  66%

22%
  [ 2 ]  22%

11%
  [ 1 ]  11%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 9
dzejkej
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:11 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Thnaks for the kind words, everyone! Feels good to come back after a trip involving a 7-hour delayed flight, a tour through Rio de Janeiro at 2:30 a.m. because of that (EXTREMELY dangerous to do), a PTQ in which I almost slept on the table on game 1 AND missing dinner with my family (which I haven’t seen in almost 3 years) on Friday because of the wretched delay! Btw, I’ll get to work on YOUR budget tomorrow! Wink

Oh, that is a pitty Sad . Next time you’ll win, because you spend all your lack-of-luck for some years in advance d'oh! .
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:27 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, let’s hope so, since my next big tournament is going to be Future Sight Pre-Release, and winning a free booster box wouldn’t exactly hurt... Wink
Btw, since mr.otto plagiarized me in advance ( Laughing , just kidding), I’m writing a more fun article for next month: a PTQ report (with a few addtions)! Good, and informative, specially if you’re looking forward to playing in one!
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:05 pm
Ok, dzejkej, I’m skimming through your list, but since you sent me the whole list (I was kind of expecting a few rares/uncommons you wanted to use in a deck, actually Think ), I’ll make something out of it, so I’ll apologize in advance (feel free to ask about a budget deck here, though, I’ll still make it for this article), but I decided to take the time to read the ENTIRE list, and write an essay (or an article, who knows) around it, explaining ALL the cuts (yep, it’s gonna be one HUGE article), why some cards are cool and some are not, etc. But I’ll keep you all posted on the progress through it, though (btw, my mother board "died" last week, it may take longer than expected, but since there’s a regional holiday coming this week, I may be able to ramp up the progress).
Also, just tell me in advance (everyone, I mean) ifthis seems like another boring article or a bad idea, so I can try to at least write two articles at once! Wink
Waiting for feedback.
PS: GP for The First for Pet Cards, Browbeat is my ULTIMATE pet card as you can see in recent Boros and Gruul builds by me, where I consistently choose it over Giant Solifuge! Laughing
I don't like YOU.
dzejkej
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:47 pm
Hi Felipe,

sorry for sending you lot more info than you were expecting Smile. I was not really sure what to choose and what to leave as a junk, because I’m often suprised about good deck standing on not that good cards at first sight Embarassed ...

I’m really interested in the upcoming article. You want to focus on some of the concrete cards from the pool or make it more general talking about card evaluation or so?

I think that putting in your article some general notes how rate the card in your head and what is your process of choosing candidate cards into decks will be helpful even to audience that doesn’t have lot of cards from that small collection.

Something like: "Let’s say in our locale metagame deck of type <...> can be very usable. Main idea behind deck like that is <...>. I know everybody have some finite collection of cards, so looking at the example one you see these cards feasible: <...>. <...> is better that <...> because ..."

So you will choose types you like, try to choose the cards that are suited for it and basically teach us how to find good canditates ...

Hope you understand my silly post Smile.

Good luck!

dzejkej
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:27 pm
Yep, that’s kind of what I was talking about. However, instead of taking a full set’s list like I usually do when a new set is released (btw, Future Sight is coming out soon, that means an article, and a ton of new decklists!), or like Anvar did in his Draft article (which, trully, tends to get boring, thus saving it only for new set releases, since new decks come along, making it more fun to read), I’d take a step-by-step evaluation of YOUR card pool, possibilities of building on it on a budget, AND match-up evaluation of the decks built, against all (or almost all) the budget decks in my article this month.
I don't like YOU.
dzejkej
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:48 pm
Your approach sounds very good, Felipe. Exactly what I wanted to hear Angel .
dzejkej
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:13 pm
Just little note ...

Thanks to GP Kyoto Sulfur Elemental is expected to make a guest appearance in many decks in near future. This will present a big danger for Boros player, because of ammount of x/1 white creatures.

Frank Karsten recently gave a hint to try to experiment with slivers replacing the current bestiary in Boros. For example running Sinew Sliver, Cautery Sliver or Battery Sliver. Good thing is, they are cheap Smile.

Any ideas how to successfully modify Cheap Boros, it will remain strong as it is in current version and at the same time be more protected against sulfur?

I’m looking at the decklist and everything looks too good and at the right place to be replaced Think .
dzejkej
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:16 pm
Hi Felipe,

how is your article going? Are you finding collection I posted big enough to built something competitive from it?

Recently a bought some more booster packs and missing cards from Cheap Boros and Cheap Selenya are on the way (thanks for the lists again Applause ).

If you are interested I can post the list again. If it is good enough for you, I will shut up Smile.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:26 pm
I’m working on how to approach the article itself, yet (I’m thinking on trying something entirely new, I’ll just have to run a check with Cobra), so feel free to update your collection with the booster packs, but keep the cards from Boros and Selesnya aside, since you bought them specifically to make the decklists, and that might induce me into making another one, after all, it IS a cheap deck. Would this work?
PS: I’ll ge tto work on re-making budget boros against a Sulfur Elemental-heavy meta tonight.
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:39 pm
After reviewing Budget Boros, I don’t think it needs tweaking against Sulfur Elemental, as it does not contain THAT many creatures with just 1 toughness. However, if you ARE facin a lot of them, and not that much mass removal, I suggest cutting Scorched Rusalka and adding in Stonecloaker. Not only it does not suck your mana pool away (you can play it during your opponent’s turn), it saves a creature (while the Rusalka’s ability only allowed for it to deal 1 more damage) AND, if they play a Sulfur Elemental, you’ve got a 4/1 flier! Oh, yeah, did I mention that it also hoses reanimation strategies? Wink
Btw, c’mon people, the month’s almost ending! No requests?!?!?
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest