LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
3 Always Hope Rohan
Event • Maneuver
Exert Aragorn and spot 3 Rohan Men to remove 2 burdens.
"’The men are saying we will not last the night.’"

I must be the only one that likes this. Thumbs Up I think the cost and hefty requirements make it okay, personally.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 •The Dark Lord’s Fear Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may add a Gondor token here.
While you can spot 4 tokens here, the twilight cost of each Shadow condition and Shadow possession is +2.
"’...he fears what you may become.’"

I like Thran’s idea: +1 for 2 tokens, +2 for 4.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 •She Could Do It Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Each time Shelob wins a skirmish, you may spot Gollum (or Smeagol) to add a threat.
"’She’s always hungry....’"

I think this is pretty well-balanced. No complaints here.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:12 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
3 Always Hope Rohan
Event • Maneuver
Exert Aragorn and spot 3 Rohan Men to remove 2 burdens.
"’The men are saying we will not last the night.’"

I must be the only one that likes this. Thumbs Up I think the cost and hefty requirements make it okay, personally.

ANY COST is worth it if youre going to give Rohan or Gondor burden removal. Im sorry but exertions or huge cost or anything doesnt compensate for the fact if these types of cards were released the Men cultures would have no drawback and players wouldnt give a rats derriere about the requirements theyd just pack it in anyway so’s as to have all the bases covered. Men would rock harder than ever. O no I added ten and 3 exertions but removed 2 burdens. Smack....

...That was the sound of gondor and rohan beating the crap out of anything the shadow played with the extra pool! They dont care! Theyre beasty fighters! Not subtle little burden removers...

/end rant

Ahhh much better. O by the way....

No burden removal for free peoples Men! Very Happy
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:23 am
I understand why you say that lem0n, I really do. But I think an exertion and 3 AND having 3 Rohan Men is hefty enough to make it okay for one little burden-removing event to weasel it’s way into Rohan. After all, they still lack threat removal (aside from the also-costly Rohirrim Herdsman) and other things like that. Tossing in a couple copies of this event requires a specifically-catered (and probably expensive) fellowship that takes some time to set up. And if you DO toss it in, it’s probably not enough to stop an all-out corruption strategy and weakens the rest of your deck, taking up room you could have occupied with other cards instead.

I think it’s okay, but if I’m the only one, then it’ll probably (rightly) be changed.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:54 am
You argue your corner well DI but an aspect of it helps me a bit. You say it requires a lot of setting up and effort to remove 2 measly burdens. Exactly. So what would be the point? Theyre fine without burden removal and its too much effort to use what little your suggesting they create so on balance its better to just leave it out altogether so you havent got the option to make a deck that can include a really hard to access burden removal.

Rohan and Gondor are awesomely balanced fellowships (apart from frodo in rohan decks), D did a good job making them good at what they do, which is kickin ass. They dont need complex strategies to do something theyre not good at. Keep it simple. Slash Stab etc...
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 pm
I think it’s alright being the one and only card, but would prefer it to be even more expensive and even harder to pull off, especially in terms of exertions. As it’s quite a dangerous thing for Rohan to have access to, it should be painful.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:08 pm
Rohan doesn’t get condition discarding as well, but oh, why not make Fortress Never Fallen?

Hits the field, gets broken, moved to the restricted list.

Spotting 3 Rohan men is nothing. Rohan decks REGULARLY run 8 Rohan men. I know mine runs 6. And even my HIDAN deck runs 3 Gondor and 4 Rohan men. The spotting requirement is nothing. Currently, the only thing that keeps Fighting Frodo from complete and utter brokenness is the fact that Rohan has no burden removal. And Golden Perch Ale ANYWAYS makes the deck border OP-ness. If you then give them this card, the Fighting Frodo gets a lot better.

Since you’re spotting Aragorn, all decks running this, except Fighting Frodo will be running HIDAN. And EVERYONE knows about Gondor’s legendary healing powers AND choking powers, so I fail to see how the twilight cost and exertions are a cost at all! Exert Aragorn, remove a token from Houses of Healing, and clobber the additional 5 twilight minion with your choice of killer Elendil w/ Narsil, Eomer, TmoR, Thorongil, Eowyn, LoI, or any other macho man that Rohan or Gondor can throw out. And if the extra twilight may be a problem, with some Rohan decks throwing out 70 (yes, seventy) twilight. Heck, my Gondor deck did that and came out unscathed, even WITH Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith giving my opponent the opportunity to draw an additional 8 (yes, eight) cards and drop 12 minions on me! (Damage Uruks, FYI).

If, however, you are bound and determined to give Rohan burden removing, make it exert Aragorn and a Rohan man to remove a burden, then, remove this event from the game.
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:13 pm
For the record, I do like NB’s idea about removing it from play after you play it. I think that slapped on the existing text would really be enough.

Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:14 pm
I actually second DI’s latest point, just because I’m making a habit of agreeing with him on this thread! Razz
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:39 am
No no. NB has it right the first time, whatever you call easy or hard to do doesnt matter cos Rohan shouldnt have burden removal. Its like all of a sudden printing hobbits with damage +1 or gandalf archery events. I dont care how hard it is to pull off its just wrong! Making the event remove from the game doesnt stop you using it and breaking the meta. Fortress never fallen got x-ed for and i QFT from D. "Rohan dont have condition removal, cos theyre not good at it". Stop making cultures jack of all trades so they have no weaknesses.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:58 pm
See Noble Leaders + Gandalf package for examples.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards