LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

66%
  [ 2 ]  66%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:29 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Well, the "remove a time counter" thing is a mandatory action, so yes, you HAVE to remove one each turn (but still, it’s plenty of time, and after all, it doesn’t make THAT much of a difference to play 1 spell ons econd turn, or to suspend the wheel and play 2 on third turn anyway), so even if you forget to do it during the upkeep, you’d get to do it as soon as you remembered it (but you WOULD get a warning in a tournamente, actually, you AND your opponent for not remembering you to do so), however, there are cards like Timecrafting that allows you to tamper with it’s speed a bit. But mind you, it’s still not THE ULTIMATE solution (btw, the deck lacks a sideboard, you should add one), since you go on emptying your hand, and just when it’s about to resolve, BAM, you opponent plays Remand on it. It’s now back in your hand (meaning 4 MORE turns, thus timecrafting to tamper with it a little and catch them off guard). I’d still use it, though, but I’d keep some Howling Mines in the sb (as opponent’s won’t usually counter it anyway).

I didn’t get the part about rating. You mean the article? As I said, I’ve already read some stuff about burn decks ’round here, and one even used the same combo idea, so that’d keep me off of giving it a five, unless it turned out into somehting REALLY amazing. And also, as I also said, I "basically" played this deck, and it just doesn’t work all that great... (Heartbeat Combo was essentially better in the end, specially with Ignorant Bliss added in to achieve hellbent out of the blue) But perhaps with Wheel of Fate and Howling Mines it could work.

Sorry, but Browbeat is not tradeable, so far, although I might have one to spare lost somewhere in my room. If I can find it, I’ll let you know! Wink
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:33 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
bandfreak9 wrote:
Hey are there more cards like Wheel of Fate besides the ones you mentioned

From the top of my head, TIme Spiral has a full cycle of them: Lotus Bloom (colorless), Wheel of Fate (red), Hypergenesis (green), Ancestral Vision (blue), Restore Balance (white) and Living End (black), and there was one in the Kamigawa block which could only be spliced into other arcane spells, but I can’t remember it’s name right now. Perhaps physcosick will know it by heart, be sure to ask him.

But before tampering with them, ask about rules, ’cause they’re a bit tricky, specially for newer players. Wink
I don't like YOU.
bandfreak9
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:03 pm
Thanx Felipe I’ll be sure to ask
Cobra
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:17 am
Congratulations to corvus on taking third place (and $15 store credit) in March’s Magic: The Gathering Strategy Article Contest! Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
corvus
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:20 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Thanks a whole lot!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest