LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:23 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Goblin Tunneler Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Vitality: 1
Site: 4
While at an underground site, this minion is strength +2.
Shadow: While at a mountain, discard this minion to make the current site an underground site.
“They can tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble....”

Cool. Should ’while’ be ’if’ though?

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Forger Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 4
Vitality: 2
Shadow: Exert this minion to play a Moria possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Hammers, axes, swords, daggers, pickaxes, tongs, and also instruments of torture, they make very well, or get other people to make to their design, prisoners and slaves that have to work till they die for want of air and light.”

Ooh, nice. Very powerful, but his higher cost and low strength probably balance him out. And actually, maybe you should limit it to draw deck, since Moria already has a good minion that can play weapons from the discard pile (Goblin Scavengers).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:37 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, I THINK I’ve awarded GPs to all reviewers now. Let me know if I missed you!

I think we’re ready for more cards! Very Happy

Dáin’s DC Duos #101

An actual Duo this time...just two cards. Very Happy Nothing ground-breaking today: just a couple little goblins. Enjoy!

1 Goblin Tunneler Moria
Minion • Orc
Shadow: While at a mountain, discard this minion to make the current site an underground site.
“They can tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble....”

Ouch. Rather powerful. For 1, you can now play The Balrog, Durin’s Bane at a mountain.

2 Goblin Forger Moria
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to play a Moria possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Hammers, axes, swords, daggers, pickaxes, tongs, and also instruments of torture, they make very well, or get other people to make to their design, prisoners and slaves that have to work till they die for want of air and light.”

See AC’s comment. Maybe 5 strength?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, I THINK I’ve awarded GPs to all reviewers now. Let me know if I missed you!

I think we’re ready for more cards! Very Happy

Dáin’s DC Duos #101

An actual Duo this time...just two cards. Very Happy Nothing ground-breaking today: just a couple little goblins. Enjoy!

1 Goblin Tunneler Moria
Minion • Orc
gain underground.

2 Goblin Forger Moria
Minion • Orc

its twilight cost i -1. IMO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:03 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Took your suggestions to heart (and awarded a GP for AC, as this was his first review in the thread). Thanks, guys!

One more for tonight. Smile

Dáin’s DC Duos #102

Here’s a couple simple weapons for the Goblin Forger to grab. Enjoy!

1 Bent Sword Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Moria Orc.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert him to exert a character in that skirmish.
Goblin blades are as deadly as they are crude.

1 Heavy Spear Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Archery: Discard this possession to make the minion archery total +1.
Though not very accurate, goblins spears are devastating when they hit their intended targets.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:23 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Bent Sword Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert him to exert a character in that skirmish.

Nicely done. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Heavy Spear Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Though not very accurate, goblins spears are devastating when they hit their intended targets.

Neat. Smile
I had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:00 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Great Goblin, Truly Tremendous One Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Fierce. Lurker.
To play, spot a Moria Orc.
Each time a Moria Orc wins a skirmish, you may exert Great Goblin twice to capture a character in that skirmish.
“‘Murderers and elf-friends!...Take them away to dark holes full of snakes, and never let them see the light again!’”

I like it. it’s definitely balanced with the spotting requirement, win of skirmish, and unique.

3 Hobgoblin Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Tracker. Enduring. Fierce.
To play, spot a Moria Orc.
“‘...right among the slopes of the Grey Mountains, and they are simply stiff with goblins, hobgoblins, and rest of the worst description.’”

i’m not i fan of having fierce for any Moria orc. only the cave troll and balrog. i do like the enduring.

4Goblin Captain Moria
Minion • Orc
Damage +1. Fierce.
Moria Orcs are fierce.
“‘There is a shadow by the door. Something is outside!’”

again, i don’t like the fierce right of the bat, it is better as a special ability that requires something in order to work. i mean, the whole point of moria is to swarm, and then make them all fierce, you need way less the number of minions to swarm. and the swarming capabilities of Moria are outstanding. plus fierce doesn’t seem to fit the character of goblins. more of an Uruk thing. i’m fine with fierce as a special ability.

1 Goblin-Driver Moria
Minion • Orc
This minion is strength +1 for each captured character in your support area.
“‘Swish, smack! Whip crack! / Batter and beat! Yammer and bleat! / Work, work! Nor dare to shirk....’”

Great!

1 Goblin Rider Moria
Minion • Orc
Site: 5
Tracker. Hunter 1.
When you play this minion, you may discard a Moria card from hand to play a Moria mount on it from your draw deck.
“...already their cries and howls rent the air afar.”

first i would make it vitality 1. are you going to have warg mounts? the wild warg is a minion. i think it would be a good idea to have no warg mounts, and just keep them minions. the wargs were strong allies with the orcs, but there are already 2 warg-riding culture, it would be good to make them minions.

3 Wild Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Strength: 10
Site: 3
Tracker.
To play, spot 2 Moria minions (or a Moria Warg). This minion may not bear possessions.
Response: If this minion takes a wound, it is fierce until the regroup phase.
“The Wargs and the goblins often helped one another in wicked deeds.”

i like it. wargs ARE fierce. so, good ability.

0 Clever Things Moria
Event • Shadow
Exert your Moria Orc to play a machine or engine from your draw deck.
“...they invented some of the machines that have since troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once, for wheels and engines and explosions always delighted them....”

ok? it’s tough to know if this is good or not without the other cards.

1 Goblin-Raid Moria
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Spot X Moria Orcs to make X Moria Wargs (or X mounted Moria Orcs) strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“...even the Wargs dared not attack them if there were many together, or in the bright day. But now they had planned with the goblins’ help to come by night upon some of the villages nearest the mountains.”

yeah, i think that’s good.

1 Out Of The Frying-Pan, Into The Fire Moria
Event • Response
If a companion wins or cancels a skirmish involving a Moria minion, you may exert your unassigned Moria Orc or Moria Warg to assign it that companion.
“‘Escaping goblins to be caught by wolves!’”

heheh. nice.

3Spread In Secret Moria
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot two threats.
While the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, the twilight cost of each of your Moria Orcs is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
“Out jumped the goblins, big goblins, great ugly-looking goblins, lots of goblins, before you could say rocks and blocks.”

cool!

1 Goblin Tunneler Moria
Minion • Orc
Shadow: If at a mountain, discard this minion to make the current site gain underground.

sweet!

2 Goblin Forger Moria
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to play a Moria possession from your draw deck.

yeah, i think that’s good.

1 Bent Sword Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

cool! works well with the enduring minions.

1 Heavy Spear Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

maybe make it strength +1, but i’m not quite sure.

good cards!
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:23 am
macheteman wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Goblin Captain Moria
Minion • Orc
Damage +1. Fierce.
Moria Orcs are fierce.

again, i don’t like the fierce right of the bat, it is better as a special ability that requires something in order to work. i mean, the whole point of moria is to swarm, and then make them all fierce, you need way less the number of minions to swarm. and the swarming capabilities of Moria are outstanding. plus fierce doesn’t seem to fit the character of goblins. more of an Uruk thing. i’m fine with fierce as a special ability.

Duly noted. I didn’t do it lightly. But since other minions like Advance Regular (for Sauron Orcs), Voice of the Desert, Southron Troop (for Men Men), and many Dunlendings and cards like Legions of Morgul wide-spread fierceness, I figured that even though they’re awesome at swarming, Moria deserved to get in on the action as well.

How about I make it a LITTLE more conditional, though: like this.

4Goblin Captain Moria
Minion • Orc
Damage +1. Fierce.
Each Moria Orc at a mountain or underground site is fierce.

Still pretty easy to trigger, since you really want Moria at underground (or at least mountain) sites anyway, but at least it’s a little less universal. The other option I could limit it by region, like with Voice of the Desert, Southron Troop.

Besides, if you’re able to kill the Captain off, the ability is gone anyway. With 3 vitality, that isn’t TOO hard.

I hear, understand, and appreciate what you’re saying. But I think I can do something like this without breaking the culture, and the lack of other comments like yours leads me to think others agree.

macheteman wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Goblin Rider Moria
Minion • Orc
Site: 5
Tracker. Hunter 1.
When you play this minion, you may discard a Moria card from hand to play a Moria mount on it from your draw deck.
“...already their cries and howls rent the air afar.”

first i would make it vitality 1. are you going to have warg mounts? the wild warg is a minion. i think it would be a good idea to have no warg mounts, and just keep them minions. the wargs were strong allies with the orcs, but there are already 2 warg-riding culture, it would be good to make them minions.

I disagree. In The Hobbit, the Wargs/wolves and goblins have a very close relationship. Goblins are clearly described as riding wolves several times in the novel. I’m not going to go crazy with this and make a whole Warg-riding subculture, but I think it deserves to have a little piece with it.

Also, I’d prefer to leave his vitality where it is, since Moria mounts don’t give the big vitality boosts that other Warg mounts do. However, what I think I WILL do is change his ability to exert him rather than discard a card.

macheteman wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Clever Things Moria
Event • Shadow
Exert your Moria Orc to play a machine or engine from your draw deck.
“...they invented some of the machines that have since troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once, for wheels and engines and explosions always delighted them....”

ok? it’s tough to know if this is good or not without the other cards.

Right now, it’s use is actually limited to splashing with Sauron and Isengard. I don’t have any Moria machines or engines made right now...at least, not for Lasting Alliances. I’m working on changing that, though, since the idea seems pretty popular with you and other reviewers. Smile

macheteman wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Bent Sword Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

cool! works well with the enduring minions.

Exactly! When I first made this, it only exerted a FP character. Then I thought ’why not allow it to exert itself, too?’

macheteman wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Heavy Spear Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

maybe make it strength +1, but i’m not quite sure.

I’d rather stick with the "norm" of strength +2 for Moria weapons.

Thanks for the review, mm. Sorry I shot you down so many times there. Sad Have a very well-earned GP!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:33 am
Dáin’s DC Duos #103

Just a couple very simple--almost boring--goblins for now. Hey, any good Moria culture is going to be full of minions like this, right? Hopefully these can quick get reviewed and we can move on. Smile Enjoy!

2 Goblin Gnasher Moria
Minion • Orc
Fierce.
“They make no beautiful things, but they make many clever ones.”

2 Goblin Slasher Moria
Minion • Orc
While bearing a hand weapon, this minion is damage +1.
“‘Clash, crash! Crush, smash!’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:56 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Gnasher Moria
Minion • Orc
Fierce.

Good. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Slasher Moria
Minion • Orc

Similar to Goblin Spearman, but still nice. Smile
I had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

i like the fierce when it must be triggered by something else, so i like the underground deal a lot.

i still think that since the wargs were so important that it would be best to have them not be ride-able. they weren’t really possessions in the hobbit. and it would be unique and cool to be different from the two other warg strategies. right now it just seems like there will be 3 cultures that do the same stuff. with wargs as a fighting force, you will have something interesting.

anyway, your call. just my two dollars.

2 Goblin Gnasher Moria
Minion • Orc
Fierce.

heheh.

2 Goblin Slasher Moria
Minion • Orc

simple, yet insane. good job!
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards